eat

Zucchini Spaghetti with Goat Cheese and Sun Dried Tomatoes

zucchini spaghetti recipeThis zucchini spaghetti is my new favorite dish. It helps curb my pasta cravings and it can be a side dish or stand alone as a meal. I even bought this special little tool so that I could make this dish happen.  This is one of the only recipes I created in my mind and it actually turned out how I imagined.  It helps me to overcome those intense pasta cravings I get as I continue to work towards a life of healthier food choices. The best part is that it only involves a few ingredients yet it has a ton of flavor. 1-IMG_11194-IMG_1130Ingredients:
3 zucchinis
4 ounces sun dried tomatoes in olive oil
1/4 cup of crumbled goat cheese (or more to taste)
1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to taste (and the good sea salt, not table salt)
yep, that’s it

4-IMG_1131Dice the sun dried tomatoes and set aside. Don’t drain the olive oil.  2-IMG_1121I used this nifty tool that I picked up from Sur La Tab, but most any mandolin will do the trick.  Use your tool and turn all your zucchini into spaghetti-like noodles. Be sure to cut the zucchini length-wise so that your noodles are long.  I didn’t peel my zucchini in advance because I like the peel, but you totally could.

Place the zucchini noodles in a microwave safe dish with a lid.  Microwave on high for 2 minutes.  You want the noodles firm but not mushy.  I like to taste test to see if the firmness is correct after 2 minutes–if not, continue to microwave in 30 second intervals. I like mine to still have a bit of firmness and crunch.

While the noodles are still hot, add the sun dried tomatoes and goat cheese crumbles.  Stir until all ingredients are combined. Now add the cayenne pepper–just a bit at a time because this stuff is super spicy (but it adds such great flavor).  Now salt and pepper to taste.

I loooove this because the goat cheese melts and becomes an almost alfredo-like cream sauce. Just divine. 5-Zucchini Spaghetti

4.8 from 4 reviews
Zucchini Spaghetti with Goat Cheese and Sun Dried Tomatoes

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

Quick and easy zucchini spaghetti noodles with goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes.
Author:
Recipe type: side dish, main course
Serves: 2-4
Ingredients
  • 3 zucchinis
  • 4 ounces sun dried tomatoes in olive oil
  • ¼ cup of crumbled goat cheese (or more to taste)
  • ¼ tsp of cayenne pepper
  • salt and pepper to taste (and the good sea salt, not table salt)
  • yep, that's it
Instructions
  1. Use your tool/mandolin and turn all your zucchini into spaghetti-like noodles. Be sure to cut the zucchini length-wise so that your noodles are long. I didn't peel my zucchini in advance because I like the peel, but you totally could.
  2. Place the zucchini noodles in a microwave safe dish with a lid. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. You want the noodles firm but not mushy. I like to taste test to see if the firmness is correct after 2 minutes--if not, continue to microwave in 30 second intervals. I like mine to still have a bit of firmness and crunch.
  3. While the noodles are still hot, add the sun dried tomatoes and goat cheese crumbles. Stir until all ingredients are combined. Now add the cayenne pepper--just a bit at a time because this stuff is super spicy (but it adds such great flavor). Now salt and pepper to taste.

zucchini spaghetti and goat cheese

Hey, it kinda looks like a heart!

Valerie
    February 20, 2014 at 9:12 pm

This looks delicious!! Where do you get the inspiration for recipes like this?

Shelly
    February 21, 2014 at 1:47 am

I made pasta out of spaghetti squash and it turned out awesome. I’ll definitely have to try this. I love zucchini and have used it to make zucchini “pizza”.

Lissy
      February 21, 2014 at 1:23 pm

I second the spaghetti squash! I LOVE it and it is so healthy and I feel like I am eating pasta. Win win!

Worthwhile reads from the web this week
    February 24, 2014 at 4:33 am

[…] Remember how much I loved zucchini noodles? I need to take it a step farther and try this: Zucchini Spaghetti with Goat Cheese and Sun Dried Tomatoes! […]

Katie Albury
    March 1, 2014 at 10:44 pm

This looks amazing…so yummy and that groovy gadget looks fab!

Katie x

Tahnie
    March 2, 2014 at 2:20 pm

This looks so delicious! I’m aiming to do more gluten free stuff! Thanks for sharing my dear!

Edie
    March 7, 2014 at 2:31 am

I just made this. Really good. I swapped in gruyere (don’t like goat cheese) and added some penzey’s shallot pepper instead of cayenne. Thanks!

Brittney
    May 1, 2014 at 11:58 pm

I made this just exactly as written and it was super duper good.

cheap gift ideas
    September 11, 2014 at 1:40 am

Even the name Sweetest Day suggests that you choose
    a gift that has an aroma, bouquet, fragrance or scent as some
    of the sweetest day gift ideas for girlfriend. In addition they declare that online
    forums here have no impacts on corporate performance. Gifts are a great way expresses our love, affection, care and respects.

Becky
    July 6, 2015 at 12:30 pm

I made this using baked spaghetti squash instead of zucchini because it was what I had on hand, and it was SO. GOOD! I’ve made it 3 more times since then. The last one I added sautéed shallots, mushrooms, and spinach. This is now one of my absolute favorite dishes, and it’s boyfriend-approved too ;-). Simply fantastic, thank you!

flgirl
    November 10, 2015 at 10:46 am

Holy-Amazeballs was this simple, easy, and oh so good! Delish!

gmail email login
    June 1, 2016 at 9:58 pm

Zucchini spaghetti will be my favorite! Looks so delicious! A nice replacemet for normal spaghetti.

playview
    July 5, 2016 at 11:55 pm

remembering this to teach in my school thanks for this awesome post.

british open 2016 results
    July 6, 2016 at 3:32 pm

What’s up it’s me, I am also visiting this web page regularly, this website is actually pleasant
    and the visitors are truly sharing pleasant thoughts.

guru purnima images
    July 6, 2016 at 3:33 pm

Very soon this web site will be famous amid all blog people,
    due to it’s pleasant articles

www.primegroupfoods.com
    February 10, 2017 at 6:04 pm

I read thіs ⲣost completely сoncerning the difference of latest and previous technologies, it’ѕ awesome article.

pastificioleo
    March 4, 2017 at 7:32 pm

great points altogether, you simply received a new reader.
    What would you suggest in regards to your put up
    that you made a few days ago? Any sure?

Specialty Pasta
    May 10, 2017 at 5:30 pm

Hurrah, that’s what I was searching for, what a stuff!

existing here at this blog, thanks admin of this web page.

Hotmail Login
    March 20, 2018 at 1:22 am

It is a good and amazing article. Your information is very useful for me and for others. thank you so much.