eat

Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Muffins

Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Muffins
{they will rock your world}
The other day Baby W was a bit under the weather and took an unexpected 2.5 hour nap.  NEVER before has he napped for so long–and I was like a lost puppy circling my house, unsure of what to do with this unexpected free time.
There were a million things I could have done {and should have done} around the house–but instead I decided to make my favorite Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Muffins…Mmmmm Good!
And now I want to share my Top Secret recipe with you.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 or 3 RIPE bananas mashed
2 cups flower
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 to 3/4 cup chocolate chips
1/2 to 3/4 pecans or walnuts
Your muffins will be all the more fabulous if your bananas are super ripe.
Beat the SOFTENED butter and white sugar in a mixing bowl
until light and fluffy.

Add the eggs and mashed bananas and mix well.
Add the flour, baking soda, brown sugar, salt and vanilla and mix until blended.  Add chocolate chips and pecans and stir until well mixed.
Spoon into paper muffin cups and place in a muffin pan.  Fill each muffin about 3/4 full.  Bake at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Don’t be jealous of my ghetto-fabulous oven!
Others call it out-dated, I call it vintage.
And if you too have a vintage oven, you will have to be sure to keep an eye on your muffins to be sure they don’t burn.  Perhaps even lower your temperature to 350 degrees.
Then enjoy their awesomeness.
Add a hunk of butter to enjoy this muffin Little Miss Momma style.
bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Happy Eating!
*Leave me a comment if you have any questions*
5.0 from 15 reviews

• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 tablespoons brown sugar
  • ½ to ¾ cup chocolate chips
  • ½ to ¾ pecans or walnuts
Instructions
  1. Beat the SOFTENED butter and white sugar in a mixing bowl
  2. until light and fluffy.
  3. Add the eggs and mashed bananas and mix well.
  4. Add the flour, baking soda, brown sugar, salt and vanilla and mix until blended. Add chocolate chips and pecans and stir until well mixed.
  5. Spoon into paper muffin cups and place in a muffin pan. Fill each muffin about ¾ full.
  6. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
  7. Remove the muffins from the pan immediately after taking them out of the oven and set them aside to cool for about 15 minutes.
  8. Then enjoy their awesomeness.
Notes
Your muffins will be all the more fabulous if your bananas are super ripe.

If you want to make this recipe as a loaf instead of muffins then spoon batter into a well greased 5 x 9 inch loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

Lexie Loo & Dylan Too
    June 21, 2010 at 5:15 am

They look delicious!

Lexie Loo & Dylan Too
    June 21, 2010 at 5:15 am

They look delicious!

penelope perez
    May 25, 2011 at 12:12 am

many thanks!
    I'm from Mexico and was looking for this recipe for a long time, your recipe sounds delicious and very easy, I'll do right now

Salena Lee @ A Little Piece of Me
    September 14, 2011 at 3:17 am

Oh my goodness, those look amazing and I am starving right now so you’re KILLING ME!!!! here! Thanks for sharing, I’ll need to try these.

rachel foos
    September 14, 2011 at 3:27 am

you make my mouth water!!!!! yummm

Lindsey S
    September 14, 2011 at 3:28 am

I have sad bananas sitting on my counter that have been begging me to turn them into bread for days!! And now, they will have new friends in the form of chocolate chips! He he thanks!

Jazmin Miller
    September 14, 2011 at 3:38 am

YUM. Sounds delish!! I have everything but the chocolate chips. Haha. But only becuz they are my go to snack. 😉

Maria-Isabel @Agape Love Designs
    September 14, 2011 at 4:15 am

oh my gosh, those look so good! I wish I could make them now!

Wendy Orme
    September 14, 2011 at 8:11 pm

I have a cookie recipe similar to this and we love them…we’ll have to give this a try! Thanks!

Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Muffins :: Recipe | Beads & Brass
    April 30, 2012 at 2:44 pm

[…] chocolate chip” and I found this recipe for Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Muffins on Little Miss Moma (she has great pics for each step of the directions). I have made these muffins a handful of times […]

April Dodsworth
    June 7, 2012 at 9:45 pm

I have made the muffins and they are the best I have ever had. I have now just made it into the loaf and can’t wait to taste it again! Thanks for the great recipe. It the only one I will make! They do rock your world! 🙂

Shasta Tudor
    September 25, 2013 at 9:27 pm

I stumbled on this blog while looking for a good banana walnut muffin recipe. I’ve made banana walnut muffins before and they were good but these ones are freaking fantastic!!! My boys ages 5 and 12 even said they were the best ever!! Thank you for sharing!

Nelia
    October 25, 2013 at 6:10 am

The best! Everyone lucky enough to have a bite loved the muffins.

Mary Y.
    January 29, 2014 at 11:50 pm

Tried this recipe last night exactly as written and came out perfectly. Thanks for the recipe!!

Adri
    March 18, 2014 at 12:17 am

I assume that makes 12 muffins? I tried banana walnut chocolate chip muffin recipe last night and although it had a wonderful flavor, it came out too dry. I will try this recipe although I won’t add as much sugar. I used only 3/4 cup of sugar and they tasted great and still sweet.

47 Happy Days: BIKER BEE! - Lori Bentley Law
    May 19, 2014 at 12:12 pm

[…] evening snack. I had some too-ripe bananas, so made some banana/pecan/dark chocolate chip muffins (from this recipe, although I used Sucanat instead of white sugar), and Brian made some Pale Vienna decaf. He recently read Jack London’s THE ROAD, an […]

Adri
    May 23, 2014 at 4:10 am

I made these for my daughter’s birthday for her 2nd grade class. Everyone loved them. One little girl even said these were the best muffins ever. They really were SOOO GOOD. Just delicious. I doubled the recipe and they came out great. I might make them for her end of class party. Thanks for this recipe. Will be making these a lot.

Dana
    November 14, 2014 at 1:44 am

Just made these, they taste fantastic! So moist and just enough sweetness. I added a bit more walnuts and chocolate chips to my preference and cut the sugar to around 3/4 of one cup.

Mandy
    November 30, 2014 at 2:14 pm

I made these for my grandson’s 1st Birthday party, they are truly delicious, I did leave the nuts out of course but I think the adults liked them more than the kids. Defiantly making them again soon.

Leticia
    December 6, 2015 at 11:26 pm

I made these today for the second time and everyone loved them! I made it with whole wheat flour and coconut sugar. Thanks for sharing your recipe with us!

harga besi kanal c 150
    March 22, 2016 at 7:50 pm

They look delicious!

Kate
    April 5, 2016 at 3:22 am

You ain’t kidding these will rock your world, momma. The only thing better would be eating them with Mick Jagger. I used 1/2 PB chips and 1/2 min cc. I left out the nuts only because of the PB chips. They came out so huge and wonderful with a slight crunchy top and moist interior. This is the only pin I will save for banana cc muffins, all others will be deleted from my board, seriously these are that good. Oh the combinations I’m going to try. Thanks for the great big gobs of goodness.

Ashley Stock
      April 5, 2016 at 7:07 am

Kate, Thank you for your kind words, I’m SOOOO glad you enjoyed them! I must try your version with the PB chips right away!

aim mill
    October 24, 2017 at 8:39 am

I made these but used Crisco butter flavor and came out so good. Will be making these often since we don’t always eat the bananas when i but them

Cindy Becraft
    March 13, 2018 at 8:20 pm

These muffins were so yummy! I tweeked them just a hair though. I baked mine bottom rack for 15 and top rack for 10. I also added 1 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon and 1/8. tsp. Of nutmeg. I pureed the wet mixture of eggs,bananas, vanilla extract and sugars. I added 1/4 cup of sour cream to wet mix before adding flour. It made muffins more moist since my bananas were not super ripe yet.

April 6, 2018 at 5:19 pm

Instagram transformed multimedia into a pattern in other social media networks; facebook and twitter began to include the opportunity of sharing pictures and video clips to remain in the new rate of interest of individuals.

Shoshana Jacobs
    July 16, 2018 at 10:40 pm

They are AWESOME!

Renee
    March 23, 2019 at 2:46 pm

Your recipe has reached good old little New Zealand 😊
    Like u, I have a “vintage oven” that I haven’t yet mastered a nicely cooked banana cake in, as to why I went with muffins this time round and OMG they are the first and best banana muffins I have ever made. Will definitely b my “go to” recipe whenever I have over ripe bananas now. Thank u so much for sharing this recipe!!!

Crystal
    August 12, 2019 at 5:09 am

I rarely ever comment on anything but this recipe is the exception. I have made these muffins 4x now experimenting with different ingredients and they are absolutely delicious! I will forever make my muffins with your recipe. Thank you