eat

Quick Farro Salad Recipe

farro salad recipe

Quick and easy farro salad recipe with sun dried tomatoes, green onion, olives and feta. These is my current favorite recipe.  Perfect to make for a get together, or make on Monday and eat for lunch throughout the week. Healthy and super flavorful.

Farro Salad Recipe:
1 package Farro (cook as directed)
1 jar Julienne Sun Dried Tomatoes (rough chop and don’t drain)
1 can Sliced Olives (drained)
1 container of Mediterranean Feta Cheese (or any flavored Feta Cheese)
1/2 cup chopped Green Onion
Squeeze of 1/2 lemon

Directions: Cook Farro as directed on package and then chill in the fridge. The oil from the can of sun dried tomatoes will serve as the dressing for this salad. Combine all prepared ingredients. Serve chilled.

1-DSC_0611

2-DSC_0612

4-DSC_0622

Trisha @ 3 Four and Under
    February 18, 2013 at 5:23 am

I’m so glad that you shared the recipe! I’ve been thinking about that salad and hoping that you would post the recipe!!

Caroline
    February 18, 2013 at 3:57 pm

looks delish!

Nicole
    February 18, 2013 at 6:51 pm

Was wondering how much “one package” of farro is?
    Thanks 🙂

Ashley Stock
      February 19, 2013 at 5:20 am

That is a GREAT question! But because I am a total nerd, I bought the ingredients, made the recipe, threw away the trash and never pad attention to how large the package was. I can tell you that I bought the only package of Farro that Trader Joes offers. I hope that helps everyone! Sorry! I’ll check next time Im in TJ’s.

misty
      February 20, 2013 at 9:05 pm

It is a new item at Trader Joes it is 8.8 oz. Here is the link: http://www.traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/article.asp?article_id=928. 🙂

Going to try this recipe, my hubs loves feta!!!!

Cheap Cookware & Delicious Recipes » Easy Salad Recipes
    February 25, 2013 at 7:55 pm

[…] Easy Farro Salad Recipe with sun dried tomatoes, green onion … […]

imacrazymomof4
    March 13, 2013 at 10:03 pm

you had me at sun dried tomatoes and feta…who cares what farro is!!!

i made this and devoured it pretty much by myself in 4 days…it was UNBELIEVABLE. thanks for sharing!

Fran
    May 5, 2013 at 10:25 pm

Thanks for posting this recipe. It is delish! I’ve made it several times for pot lucks and each time it has been a crowd pleaser! Hope you don’t mind me spreading the recipe around!

Leigh
    May 3, 2014 at 7:21 am

I made this recipe for a potluck and it was great. I think the sun dried tomatoes in oil was the key. Everybody loved it. Great recipe and can be modified with more or less Farro.

Pitcairn
    October 12, 2014 at 5:46 pm

the reason excellent, free swtor cartel coins with no struggle