Uncategorized

10 Blog Post Topic Ideas

Coming up with new ideas or topics to write about on your blog (or journal for that matter) can be challenging. Which is why a while back I wrote a post about overcoming writer’s block.  In that post, I gave one tip that encouraged you to get ideas from other blogger’s posts.  Don’t plagiarize–simply be inspired by their topics (and give credit to your inspiration in your post).  For example, if a blogger you like has written about their most embarrassing moment, this may inspire you to write a post on the same topic telling YOUR story.

(via)

I thought I would take this “tip” one step further, and provide y’all with a list of 10 of my posts that I think you could easily adapt for your own blog.

Letter to Younger (or Older) Me: This was one of my favorite writing exercises ever.  I learned a lot about myself in the process.  I wrote a letter to 16 year old me, from 27 year old me.  You can do the same thing, looking back on any age that may have been pivotal in your life.

Our Love Story: I have done this as a series (and I still haven’t completed it).  In a somewhat similar fashion to the Pioneer Woman, I have started to write my love story in chapter format–each as it’s own post.  Try this with your own love story.

My Life List: Another favorite writing exercise, inspired by Petit Elefant.  This post is a bucket list of sorts–a list of 100 things I want to learn, see and accomplish in my lifetime.  You will have a blast putting this list together, and I encourage this exercise whether you have a blog or not–it’s not as easy as it sounds!

Things You Should Know About Me if We’re Gonna be BFF:  This was a fun, goofy post I came up with a long time ago.  It is basically a list of the most random intimate details of my strange personality.  Here is a link to a similar styled follow post I wrote more recently. You will be surprised about how many readers share the qualities that make you weird.

I’m Blank Because:  A fill in the blanks post.  You kind of need to read this post to see what it’s all about–but it’s perfect to adapt to your own emotions or experiences on your blog.

The College Years: Look back onto key time periods of your life, and reflect on what they meant to you.  For example, in this post I revisited my college years–and came clean about what college really meant to me.  You could do this about high school, about childhood, about your parenting years, about your career years–whatever fits your story.

Hello Monday: These posts are fun and simple and they revolve around photographs. They are also inspired by the lovely and talented Lisa Leonard who starts off every week with a Hello Monday link party–its a great way to start the week.

Books Matter: In this post I revisited all the books that impacted my life through childhood. So so so fun remembering these stories and sharing them with all my bloggy BFF’s.  What books touched your life?

Awkward and Awesome: Inspired by the Daybook, these posts are both quirky and intimate, as you write out the awkward and awesome of your week.  Often times the Daybook will ask you to link your post in her comments section so it can be shared with her other readers.

I Have a Secret: And if you’re feeling really brave, you can try writing out your secret.  You know what…you should try this even if you never share it with another living soul. I can testify to you that there is something truly relieving and uplifting about putting the words down on paper. And if you do decide to share it over the Internet, you may be surprised at how many lives you are able to touch.

(via)

So give it a whirl. If you end up writing on any of these topics I would love for you to leave a link in the comments so that myself and others can be inspired by your stories. Or if you have any writing topic ideas that you think will be helpful to others, please share those as well.

(via)

__________________________________

You may have noticed that LMM is now accepting sidebar advertising again! YAY!
Most spots have filled for this month, but there are still some small ad spaces available.
Also, spots are already being reserved for next month–so book your spot today, as availability is limited.
Click here for more information.

lauren
    May 17, 2012 at 6:13 am

What’s great is that you shared your secret, that may have changed some lives. But you probably didn’t know that you would inspire a ton of others to share theirs, touching more from each of those! I shared my secret one week ago. Totally relieved, do I fret about it still,yes, but at least I feel free. http://www.larnmichelle.blogspot.com/2012/05/real-secret.html Thanks for the other tips as well! Glad you are back to writing again

Michelle {the Momma Bird}
    May 17, 2012 at 7:18 am

loving this. I remember always going back to your old post when I was in a funk. A great reminder for a Momma with 2 littles and another in the oven 🙂 Sometimes that funk returns more often than not these days!

Katie
    May 17, 2012 at 10:21 am

Thanks LMM! This came at a perfect time. I actually just wrote a letter to my teenage years–just haven’t posted it yet 🙂 love your site, as always XO

Amber
    May 17, 2012 at 2:12 pm

You are so wonderful, and i know it is silly, but so fun to hear your voice with that motherhood video. Well I shared a personal secret thing on my blog over mothers weekend. http://lovethehendricks.blogspot.com/2012/05/my-mother-story.html
    Thanks for taking time to care to hear my story.

Heather
    May 17, 2012 at 2:46 pm

Thanks for sharing these tips. I just started a blog last week. I know it will take a while for me to find my voice there and settle in, and your post will help me fill in the blanks for a while.

lisa
    May 17, 2012 at 2:48 pm

love these ideas!

Liz
    May 17, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Wonderful ideas! Bookmarked and saved for a rainy day (so to speak!) PS, I love seeing my logo over there on the right side! YEAH!!

misty
    May 17, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Such great ideas!! I have been “stuck” for a while. I am gonna try a few of these, thanks for sharing!!

xoxo,

Misty

Jessica B
    May 17, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Thanks for the great ideas 🙂 I am currently working on two posts, at the same time. Apparently I am a multi-tasker.

Melanie
    May 17, 2012 at 5:34 pm

Love all these ideas. I like to do Hello Monday and On my heart – on my heart is nice because it could be personal and deep allowing readers to get to know you better. I think it’s also fun to blog about things that aren’t so deep or personal like some ideas found on pinterest or polyvore. I really believe that being real is key or else you can’t connect with your readers.
    Some other ideas I have are…..
    A post on your dreams….(future dreams/goals)
    Documenting your child’s milestones (like 6 years old today etc)
    Writing a post like a kids story about your child’s day “Hi I’m Olivia, When I wake up and give my mom a BIG kiss and say I want MILK PLEEEESE” I think it’s a fun keepsake for them when they are older.
    I did a post called “Before I was a mom” http://cantelmofamily.com/before-i-was-mom/
    Ten years ago http://cantelmofamily.com/ten-years-ago/
    I also love doing posts that encourage my husband – almost like a love letter to him. I wrote a post called “Say I do” saying I do through the ups and downs….it’s a good reminder for me!
    Have you done 5 minute friday at the Gypsy mama? http://thegypsymama.com/ You have 5 minutes to write on a word she puts out. It’s challenging and fun!!

You can check out some of the things I’ve done over at my blog http://cantelmofamily.com

As I was looking through some of my old posts – I noticed that they didn’t transfer the pictures when I moved from blogger to wordpress? Anyone have any ideas???

Kassi @ Truly Lovely
    May 17, 2012 at 9:38 pm

All kinds of fun ideas! Have you seen that pin that someone created about your love story series? My sister was telling me about it and it cracked me up!! Girl, your the basis of a pin!!! That’s big time! haha. http://pinterest.com/pin/12103492718804407/

Glenda M
    May 17, 2012 at 10:30 pm

This is fabulous information. I am so glad you posted it. it will really help me out in my day to day life.
    One day I plan to write a book and it will come in handy then as well. Great topics.
    Thanks for sharing.

Trina {Beginner Beans}
    May 18, 2012 at 12:53 am

Confession: I almost disregarded this post based on the title thinking “I have plenty of ideas, thanks.” But what a great list! Thanks for the wonderful ideas, and now all those posts I thought I had lined up just may have to wait 😉

Vanessa
    May 18, 2012 at 1:28 am

Hi Ashley!

Just wanted to let you know I’ve nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award! It’s a cool concept to get to know & meet other bloggers…feel free to look at my post for more info if you want to spread some love! 🙂

elyse
    May 18, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Yikes…I may have to use each of these….don’t get mad….thanks for the help
    xoxo

Meredith
    May 18, 2012 at 6:54 pm

This is awesome! I am definitely doing the “Things you should know about me”–thanks! 🙂

Rachel
    May 20, 2012 at 12:39 am

Love the prompts! I used to write Awkward & Awesome Thursdays, think I’ll have to get back into it..they’re fun! Happy Weekend!!

mare ball
    May 24, 2012 at 3:27 am

These are great idea! Will use some of these soon! Am following because I just found you, and love the creativity/encouragement you offer. Thank you!

Allison
    May 24, 2012 at 5:57 pm

I found your blog at Casey Leigh Wiegand’s blog…I’ll be following yours daily now too! I’ve just browsed so far, but I will be stopping back frequently-I’m a new mom and a newbie blogger and you blog is such an inspiration.
    -Allison
    sweatpantshighheels.blogspot.com

Sarah B
    May 25, 2012 at 11:56 pm

I love these ideas! I’m bookmarking this so that the next time I can’t think of anything to write, I’ll have these ideas. Such a great post!

Karli Jaeckel
    May 26, 2012 at 3:42 am

I used your love story idea. I have just begun. I LOVED reading through your story. It was just like reading one of my favorite teen love story novels. So thanks for the entertainment! I’m having fun creating my own minibook. So thanks for the idea!!

Hannah Odarve
    May 27, 2012 at 4:18 pm

I totally loved the idea and used the love story one. I also plan to break it in several post. I guess it is too long when I put it in just one post. I am really inspired to document my love story. It is something that we would love to read over and over again. I love your story by the way. So real and full of love. Thank you for the inspiration and it will really make my week if you go and check my first post. It will mean sooo much to me. Thank you lady and keep inspiring people. God bless you!

buy villas in bangalore
    June 21, 2012 at 12:41 pm

All your details are praising, i bookmarked it.

kim
    July 17, 2012 at 8:50 pm

i love reading fill in the blank posts…i need to do this next time i have blogger’s block! 🙂

Amber
    July 31, 2012 at 3:28 am

Hey,

I am so excited I found your page. I just got my website and today is the first time I have got to see the inside of it! So there is obviously nothing on it yet and it looks really boring right now, but I was looking for some blogging inspiration and I found you!!! Thank you so much for all the ideas. I will be sure to mention you and to provide a link to your page!

Choosing a Blog Post Topic - Writing Effective Blog Posts
    October 30, 2012 at 8:21 pm

[…] 10 Blogging Topics and Writing Prompts […]

AfroditaGlo
    December 30, 2012 at 5:49 pm

Hello, I want you to place ads for your site, I’m willing to pay $ 200-300 a month the administrator of this forum for advertising of the resource.
    Here is my site http://clououtlet.com/
    Please contact me drugs as soon as possible and discuss the terms of

UnapUnufamb
    December 31, 2012 at 6:41 pm

I was recently reading a book about how to cope with overwhelming emotions and it read, “If you’re in a painful situation and your emotions are going to overwhelm you and possibly make things worse, then often it’s best just to leave.” This reminded me of the many times I’ve left a party, a camping trip, a get together with family, or a friends house because I suddenly became profoundly depressed, with a sickening ache deep in my stomach. I would feel an almost uncontrollable urge to cry, but if I was unable to get away I would just shut myself out from everyone else and be silent, saying I was tired if someone asked if I was okay. Many times I have said goodnight to retreat to my room and cry. It is this side of me that I am ashamed of and have always tried to hide. To this day I hide my depression from my friends and sometimes family, so that I can have normal relationships with people and not be given special treatment. I feel shy and embarrassed in public, it is hard for me to look people in the eyes. When someone who cares asks me whats wrong I can’t be real because I would be too emotional. I want so much to be close but I’m afraid and ashamed of who I am. I feel inadequate and unwanted. I feel like no one would want to be with someone insecure, hurt, and depressed. I keep finding out how much depression has been affecting every aspect of my life and been the driving force behind my biggest problems. It makes me want to feel like I’m a victim and its not my fault, and to forgive myself. For some reason I continue to feel like I am fundamentally flawed and should be rejected. I crave having a girlfriend to hold me and to be close to, and I feel ashamed of this desire, like it is childish or taboo. I do not feel like I am Okay the way I am, and even though I am aware of all the ways my thinking is flawed I haven’t been able to feel differently. I can’t lead a normal life when I feel like crying every day.

Thanks – Gareth Ackanowledge

I’m Blank Because… « the dozy doxie
    January 5, 2013 at 6:41 pm

[…] you Little Miss Momma for inspiring this […]

Ann
    January 27, 2013 at 8:30 am

ADVISE FOR LOAN SEEKERS

You guys are all scam, i got my loan from a reputable loan lender dr. millito perez. At
    first i thought he was one of those scammers who is after clients pocket but something kept on telling me to give it a try since i have nothing to loose. Thats how i finally got my
    loan. Here is my personal email should in case you’re interested in contacting him for a loan. I don’t want to post his email address here. These scammers might try something funny. So here is my email,
    [email protected]. Email me and i will tell you how i got my loan without stress. Don’t contact these scammers here, they are all fake. Fuck you all fake loan lenders.

Nicki Traikos
    January 31, 2013 at 2:22 am

I love the idea of writing a letter to my younger self! I’m going to give it a whirl.

Mom-Blog Writing Workshop, Session 3: What to Write? | Maternity Ward | a mySA.com blog
    March 13, 2013 at 1:24 am

[…] “10 Blog Post Ideas,” Little Miss Momma […]

l
    May 11, 2013 at 11:27 pm

Hi are using WordPress for your blog platform? I’m new to the blog world but I’m trying to get started and create my own.
    Do you require any html coding knowledge to make your own blog?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

debt help Online
    June 18, 2013 at 10:25 am

It is important to know how to manage and accumulate debt responsibly.
    The first problem was that the debt card companies promised to get rid
    of your debts by the time we realize it, we should not panic during financial crises as nothing is impossible.
    No point in waiting, just charge it and pay for it. In that case,
    you can focus on the fact that it is not applicable.

Amanda
    June 24, 2013 at 1:09 am

Love your list of blog topics! Seriously the best list I’ve come across thus far! Keep them coming! 🙂

web site
    July 12, 2013 at 4:49 am

But under the Mortgage Forgiveness debt management program Act
    dictates that acquisition debt may be going to a financial planner or accountant for further
    advice before signing anything. Tax lawyers are more familiar with this
    program, each of your creditors.

Mrswema
    August 3, 2013 at 3:39 pm

Dear Valued Customers,
    Do you need a loan or funding for any of the following reasons? Personal Loan, Business Start-up or Expansion, Education, Debt Consolidation, Hard Money Loans, etc. We offer loans at low interest rate of 3%. However, our method, offers you the chance to state the amount of loan needed and also the duration you can afford. This gives you a real chance to get the funds you need!. Do contact us today via our official Email: [email protected] providing us with the following info;
    Name:
    Contact Address/country:
    Mobile Telephone Number:
    Occupation:
    Loan Amount:
    Loan Duration:
    Best Regards.
    Swift Valued Finance Team

October 19, 2013 at 7:44 am

Outcomes will in all probability be shown if utilized 30 minutes each day.

Vanessa
    November 13, 2013 at 5:18 am

I came across your blog while looking blog topic ideas on Pinterest. Thank you so much! My “Things my BFF should know” post is going live tomorrow! Thanks again! 🙂

I am _______ because… | CombatBabe
    November 26, 2013 at 11:00 pm

[…] Post inspired by Little Miss Momma. […]

Angela
    March 18, 2014 at 11:00 am

I just took your advice and wrote a letter to my 20 year old self. Thanks for the great idea!

Helen
    December 24, 2014 at 9:09 am

Appreciating the dedication you put into your site andd in depth information you
    offer. It’s nice to come across a blog every once iin a while thhat isn’t the same old rehashed information. Wonderful read!

I’ve bookmarked your site aand I’m iincluding your RSS feeds to
    mmy Google account.

LOAN OFFER HERE $$$$
    January 14, 2015 at 10:59 am

$READ MY STORY ON HOW I BECAME DEBT FREE WITH TIPS OF DETECTING A LOAN SCAM ON-LINE !!$$$$$

Attention To The World,

If you need a genuine and reliable loan help,and don’t want to be a scam victim,I think this is for you.This is a testimony on how,I was ripped off by some idiot that calls themselves lenders,and how I finally got my financial freedom through a God sent helper that finally gave my life a meaning,with the least cheapest rates as to 2% interest and little TOKEN other requirements and they don’t give a damn to your credit score…For more info on how to reach this great man just email him now and tell him that Oscar Max testify about him on the internet his email address is:[email protected]

vitamin singapore
    February 3, 2015 at 2:10 pm

Why users still make use of to read news papers when in this technological globe everything is presented on net?

Sonali
    April 10, 2015 at 12:46 am

Gonna write a post Letter to my lover and Things I should do. Thanks for inspiration

ask
    May 13, 2015 at 9:05 am

whoah this blog is fantastic i love reading your posts.
    Keep up the great work! You realize, many individuals are looking
    around for this information, you can aid them greatly.

RobertTeld
    November 6, 2015 at 2:56 am

Моя приказ настройка vps сервера чтобы начинающих подойдёт даже тем который никогда заранее ни разу не имел предприятие с vps/vds сервером вместе, а пользовался в основном хостингом, его ещё можно назвать shared хостингом. В статье будет рассмотрена установка LAMP пакета c apache для начинающих. С помощью данного руководства и серии следующих статей вы полностью установите и настроите сервер+свой сайт, начинать тож перенесете его для vps. По такому же принципу так же осуществляется настройка выделенного сервера (dedicated) .
    перва про установку версии операционки ради сервера. В панели управлением сервером ( для сайте вашего провайдера) http://gooline.spplat.ru вы можете установить любой из ОС. Для этого нуждаться просто выбрать нужную отметить галочкой и нажать кнопку ОК. Затем чего она будет установлена. Если у вас грызть какие – то предложения установить соборно с ней какой-то софт либо что-то lamp, lemp разве сколько другое – не советую, лучше этого не делать. Простой установите чистую ос. В данной статье довольно руководство для примере ubuntu 14.04. Следовательно советую установить её либо любую другую ubuntu 14.04/debian. Потом этого обычно вас просят подождать от 5 накануне 10 минут, пока она установится. Чтобы нам начать с ним что-то изготовлять конечно нужно к нему подключиться, действительно беспричинно же как вы подключались к FTP на своём хостинге. Единственно тогда это делается мало иначе. Сперва расскажу о часть который это следовать образец подключения и о программах которые чтобы него предусмотрены. И уже после этого начнём.
    Чтобы подключение используется протокол SSH. Программ которые с ним работают немало, самая популярная это PuTTY, только не спешите её скачивать. Это не всё, беспричинно же столоваться большое состав плагинов для браузеров (беспричинно называемых ssh-клиентов) НО! Всегда которые я пробовал были какими-то сырыми сиречь глюканутыми, либо не позволяли никак вмешивать текст туда (а всего писать в ручную) следовательно их я не советую. Ну а чем же пользуюсь я, я перепробовал их кипа и уже давно остановился для Bitvise SSH Client Вы можете поискать в нете, скачать оттуда сиречь скачать версию которая стоит у меня.

Leah Brown,
    May 13, 2018 at 2:13 pm

My name is Leah Brown, I’m a happy woman today? I told myself that any loan lender that could change my life and that of my family after having been scammed separately by these online loan lenders, I will refer to anyone who is looking for loan for them. It gave me and my family happiness, although at first I had a hard time trusting him because of my experiences with past loan lenders, I needed a loan of $300,000.00 to start my life everywhere as single mother with 2 children, I met this honest and God fearing online loan lender Gain Credit Loan who helped me with a $300,000.00 loan, working with a loan company Good reputation. If you are in need of a loan and you are 100% sure of paying the loan please contact ([email protected])
    You can also whatsApp them at: at +44-75967-81743 (WhatsApp Only) .. and inform them Leah Brown addressed to you ..