Enjoy the Journey: Top 10 Moments in My Life

Enjoy the Journey

I am kinda a sucker for inspirational quotes.  I have about 20 plaques with quotes I love hanging in my home and a box full of them in the garage for the day when I have more wall space to hang them all.  This particular quote is one of my favorites and the one that has inspired today’s 10 Things post

So here are the Top 10 Things (Moments) that have taken my breath away:

Reading the Scriptures for the first time, gaining a testimony of Christ and getting baptized with the support of my friends and family.

{how hot is that jump suit–right!}

{Auntie Debbie, my Momma, me, Elder Whearly, Grandma Janice}

The day the man of my dreams proposed to me.

The day I graduated college at USC, as my family always hoped for me {hence picture of me at age 3 in a USC cheerleader uniform}.

The day I married the man of my dreams for time and all eternity.

{gotta love the apple cider}

The day I completed my first Century
{100 mile bike ride…YES, I said 100 miles}.

The day I found out we would be having a baby boy.

The day our little boy entered this world and I looked into his eyes for the first time.

The day of Baby W’s blessing, with all my family and friends there to support us, as they always do.

The day I completed my first sporting event after giving birth–and my little man was waiting for me at the finish line.

The day we took our little family across the world to a magical place called England–the home of our family’s ancestors.

After completing this post I couldn’t help but feel overwhelming gratitude for the life I’ve been given.  No, it hasn’t always been glorious, but is has ALLways been worth it, worth having these moments.

Now I challenge you to come up with your Top 10 Moments that have taken your breath away.

Feel free to leave a link to your Top 10 post in the comments section if you choose to accept this challenge, or you can just leave a comment describing a special moment–I would love to see the moments that have inspired your life!

Ashley Stock
I'm Ashley. Sometimes I craft, occasionally I cook, everyday I write, and I'm always Momma. This is my blog. I keep it real while still seeing the rainbows and butterflies in all of life's lessons.
Ashley Stock
Ashley Stock
Ashley Stock

Latest posts by Ashley Stock (see all)

Ashley Stock

Comments

1. Montagyoo says:

how inspiring!

2. Love Stitched says:

LOVE all the amazing things you have accomplished in your life 🙂 <3

3. Casey McArdle Photography says:

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away."

This is one of my all time favourite quotes too =) You have such an inspiring list of breathtaking moments…I may just accept your challenge =)

4. What a beautiful post!

5. 1. My wedding
    2. Speaking at my college graduation
    3. The last time my best friends and I shared Havdalah at the beach right before college graduation
    4. When he proposed to me
    5. The day we both said "I love you" for the first time
    6. The day my first cover story got published
    7. Finishing grad school – not the graduation itself, but the day I graded my last paper (which was a few days after graduation)- knowing that at last, I was free
    8. The honeymoon in Victoria, Whistler, and Vancouver…everything about it.
    9. My service trip to Nicaragua – witnessing poverty for my first time changed the way I see everything
    10. Finding out that I won an undergraduate research award for my senior thesis in college

6. Miss E. says:

This is great! I might actually have to do this, too!

By the way, you look AMAZING to have just had a baby. I looked stoned out of my mind right after my lil' man arrived. Haha.

7. Tracy Rogers says:

Just found your Blog! I am a socal girl as well 🙂 Just wanted to say hello, congrats on baby "W" and my favorite is the picture of you in your baptismal garbs 😉

HUGS,
    Tracy

8. I love this! I am going to have to do it!

9. Challenge completed! Great idea – it was really nice to reflect on what I've accomplished so far…

10. the moment my kid was born was pretty much the best moment of my life. the pain was gone AND i wasn't preggo anymore! win win:) his blessing day was right up there too. so awesome! love it girl.
    YOURS, MINE AND OURS

11. Jenny! {www.alongthelei.blogspot.com} says:

This is really beautiful Ashley…Thanks so much for sharing. You truly have accomplished so much 🙂

12. Thank you Little Miss Momma for your post about the moments that have “taken your breath away” I have accepted the challenge and blogged my top ten! http://madebymunchiesmama.blogspot.com/2011/08/top-10-moments-challenge.html

13. top class communication with seller love the bag hope to buy again from you

14. that quote is hands down the best quote i’ve ever read!! I’m writing daily diaries since 1st january 2007 and when each year ends, i attach a companion copy to that year’s diary and i note 3 countdowns in that companion book- the best, worst, and the funniest moments that took place throughout that particular year.

On 19th jan. 2011, we completed 10 years in our house and to celebrate it, i created top 50 worst, top 100 best countdown lists plus 15 worst quotes and 20 greatest quotes by people with whom i’ve been throughout the decade. i just love my life, the moments it gave me, and i also love making countdown lists.

Again, that quote is really fantastic and inspiring.

15. Hey there! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a
    team of volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community in the same niche.
    Your blog provided us beneficial information to work on.
    You have done a wonderful job!

Trackbacks

1. […] Awesomely Awkward and stumbled upon Jamie’s entry, Top 10 Life Events {which was inspired by this post}. Both posts really got me thinking about my top 10 life moments. At the age of 24, here are my top […]