live

BE Still

tumblr_n6apm38GrI1tze3o6o1_1280via Sisterhood of Secrets

It’s important to find your art, your craft, your outlet, your healthy release, your voice, your place, your story…

****

Sometimes I feel a heavy pressure on my chest and an increase in adrenaline.  Often times it’s anxiety, but sometimes I know it’s my souls way of telling me that I have words trapped in my heart and I need to get them out.  Most times I’ll sit down to follow that prompting with no idea of what I’m supposed to write.  What starts out in one direction somehow changes and before I know it I’ve found the silver lining or life lesson in a moment I almost let pass me by. That’s my favorite part about writing…those aha! moments, the ones that only begin to make sense when I take the time to put them down on paper.

With each sentence I complete, I feel lighter.
I type out the words.
Put a period at the end of the last sentence.
Read through the post and click publish.
Then I take a deep breath and now that the weight is lifted, I am still.
And I can just BE.

Be still, and know.

Taking the time to type out the feelings in my soul is my release.  And a release is important. It’s what keeps us from imploding. Trust me, I know–I’ve imploded before.  What’s your release?

photoShirt ℅: Be Still Clothing Company
Hoodie ℅: Evy’s Tree

be still and know
felt flower garland
Flower Felt Bunting ℅: Aidie’s Hideaway

be still and know chalk art

Danica
    May 31, 2014 at 2:34 am

It’s called a catharsis; it’s a purging of emotion. My release is also writing. 🙂

Sarah
    May 31, 2014 at 6:27 am

I needed to hear this today, especially as I hit the end of a manic week at work and brace myself for a non-stop weekend. It’s so easy to run from one thing to the next, not pausing to remember to live life, just merely existing or surviving it instead. Thank you for reminding me to be still occasionally – I’ve lost my sense of self recently in trying to the best of everyone else around me, but I think it’s time for me to stop rushing about and listen to what I’m trying to say to myself.
    xx

bustier tops
    June 1, 2014 at 3:07 am

You can also use the Wonder Hanger for belts, ties and other accessories.
    However, specialty stores such as Lane Bryant offer fashionable plus size denim
    jeans, skirts and tops. Wholesale fashion clothing appeals to nearly all everybody.

Michaele Sommerville
    June 1, 2014 at 4:48 am

I’m the same way: I know how I feel when I write it down. I know what I’m thinking when I can read it back to myself. Clarity of expression travels down through my fingers instead of out of my mouth most times, so there’s the polite me in public, and the real me one on one with a close friend, my husband, or the keyboard, of all things.

~Michaele~

Jeannie
    June 2, 2014 at 7:54 am

Like Sarah said above, I needed to hear this today. I often feel sorry for myself because I have no one who really understands me. I’m passionate about things but can’t find a single person who feels the same. Makes you feel alone sometimes. I’ve tried blogging in the past but writing was never my strong point and I gave up. I don’t know how I stumbled upon your blog, but it seemed to be perfect timing. I may start writing my thoughts and feelings down and see where it goes. I also just deactivated my Facebook account after 7yrs. What a load that was! So freeing!
    I’m looking forward to reading more of your random thoughts 🙂
    {Jeannie}

Danielle S
    June 2, 2014 at 7:02 pm

There is no one size fits all “release” for me. First, I might try to say it out in my head. I’ve tried journaling too, but that usually just helps me organize my thoughts. Talking it out with someone really helps. There’s something about saying out loud to someone that make it real. I blog, paint, craft, and sometimes, bake or clean .

Reena
    July 15, 2014 at 1:57 am

It’s so ironic how life hands you a rose when you feel so prickly, choked and trampled by all the thorns. I found your blog today by chance. I never sit and take the time to explore. Today I did and I found your words. I needed to read them. Some where along the way, I lost myself trying to be everything to everyone and now I am not sure who I am for me. I used to write, cook, bake, clean, create. Creating, decorating, that was my thing. It’s been a long time…You have inspired me to find that girl again. Looking forward to more of your insights as I start creating again:)