grow

The Pictures We’ll Remember

I always make an effort to capture pictures of Ben with the boys when we’re out and about on our mini adventures–photos we’ll look back on when we’re old and wrinkled, photos that will make us smile and help us remember these special moments, photos that the boys can show their future wives and children.

photo copy 2Then I hand Ben the camera and ask him to take the same photo of me with the boys…

This photo, right here, is literally as good as it gets 99% of the time. Sometimes it bugs me that we may never have a “holiday card worthy” photo of the boys and their momma.  But when I take a step back and look at the picture with some perspective, it’s then that I realize that in our old and wrinkled years, these will likely be the photos I look back on with the fondest memories–regardless of the very unflattering angle.  Because photos like this capture our reality–a bit of chaos, a dash of goofy and a whole lot of happy.

photo

Awkward Family Photo

Allison Wilhelm
    January 29, 2014 at 2:24 am

So funny you wrote about this. I just went into the woods this weekend and took some awesome photos of my daughter and husband. I had to ask him to “take one with me in it, as proof that I was actually here.” In all the photos with me, my daughter is sobbing to be back in her favorite parent’s arms. Needless to say, I didn’t post those ones. :/ But years from now, like you, I intend to remember fondly those not-so-perfect real moments with her!

Heather @ Mix of 6
    January 31, 2014 at 9:32 am

I wish I had fun pics with my kids. I’m usually the one behind the camera.

Ally & Woozle
    February 1, 2014 at 5:55 pm

Nice pictures! I can’t take some with my kid as I’m the one behind the camera.
    Have a nice week end ^_^
    Ally

Michelle
    February 3, 2014 at 7:42 pm

I couldn’t have said it any better. Although I’ve gotten really terrible at snapping pictures of the kids with hubby bc he’s usually working when I bust out the camera. This right here is making me be more intentional with that. Thanks for the reminder hun 🙂

Katie Albury
    February 3, 2014 at 11:10 pm

This is a really good point. My husband never takes a good photograph and it annoys me sometimes that I am so capable of capturing his good sides whereas I always seem to look dreadful. But at least when I look back I can always remember how his awful photography, actually made me laugh sometimes.

Gorgeous photos as always!
    Katie x

Megan
    February 7, 2014 at 8:59 am

Hi Ashley. Would love to see the next chapter of your love story. I have been following since the beginning and can’t wait for it to continue!

Renee
    February 7, 2014 at 9:02 pm

Hi ash,

Gorgeous family! I’m wondering where u got your fabulous sneakers?? Gorgeous colour..

[email protected]
    February 10, 2014 at 3:52 am

You guys always take darling pics! the fun candid ones are the ones that make me smile the most…. it shows the fun you have with your family! xo