live

bensaw

boysbeach

myboysmyworld

momsawbeach

momboyswater_edited-2

momandsawyer

I know that I have been a bit MIA this last week.
I’ve been busy soaking in every single little Summer moment with my boys.
And though I’m exhausted, it’s perfect.
We’ve created a “Summer List” (more on that later),
and we’ve been busy having fun and checking off our adventures

photo

I’ve sat down to write a few times, but it felt forced.
I’ve had plenty to share,
plenty of adventures,
and thoughts,
and lessons learned…
But the words just weren’t finding me.

And since writing is my vehicle for “creation”,
and I need to create in order to keep my sanity…
Well, I’ve turned to other forms of expression–other outlets, over the last few weeks.
Many a batch of cookies have been baked (and eaten).
Pennant banners have been glued and strung,
chalkboards have been constructed,
and mason jars have been painted.
I almost forgot how good it felt to create something tangible.
Something I can hold in my hands.
Something I can see and feel and be proud of.
What was the last thing you created?

***

Things that are making me happy right now:
1. peanut butter toast
2. all things neon
3. American flags adorning the homes of nearly every house on our street

Michelle
    June 21, 2013 at 6:45 am

I feel the same way right now! And I actually decided to paint our dining room chairs. In the midst of all the kids contacting hand,foot&mouth all while hubby is away for another week – it felt great to do a project just for me 🙂 thanks for this hun!!

Danielle
    June 21, 2013 at 8:43 am

Cash has that Pirate’s Booty onesie::)
    I found some old barn stars in the attic and my 7 year old and I spray painted them patriotic colors and created a patriotic mantel for the 4th. (It took all of my power not to grab the paint can from his hands to make it the way I wanted-without the little drips showing because he held the can so close, but I did it and it was worth it-he was so proud). Can’t wait for the chalkboard tutorial!!

Holly Nelson
    June 21, 2013 at 11:09 am

The dimples on those children!!! So cute! Clearly they get them from you. I am going to create a summer bucket list as well, getting quite excited about it! I hope you achieve everything that you want!

Jennifer
    June 21, 2013 at 11:58 am

Eeeek, when did Sawyer get so big?!? What a precious group of boys you have to love on! Congrats on a beautiful family and living up the summer with them.

Melissa
    June 21, 2013 at 12:36 pm

Wow looks like an amazing time!

Margaret
    June 21, 2013 at 3:02 pm

So glad you’re enjoying the summer, it looks gorgeous there! How close are you to the beach? I’ve been busy creating some pretty signs on wood and I was inspired by your colourful table runner so have made one too, and am now waiting patiently for some sunshine so we can eat outdoors. Your summer list on your chalkboard looks great, did you make that chalkboard? I would love to do that. Have a lovely weekend 🙂

Lisa
    June 21, 2013 at 3:24 pm

I created some fun crafts for a Girls Camp. I love the tangible creations, too.

[email protected]
    June 21, 2013 at 4:39 pm

all those dimples!!! *swoon* looks like an amazing day!
    ps – you look super skinny 😉

Kristina
    June 21, 2013 at 5:03 pm

Thanks Ashley for the inspiration today. http://www.yomichaelmichael.com/2013/06/creating-and-living-ymm-style.html

michelle
    June 21, 2013 at 6:43 pm

I’ve been working in the garden. Cleaning out the old dead flowers and cutting things back to make room for the new blooms. I love summer!
    Monkey

Shalee
    June 21, 2013 at 10:46 pm

Love, love the big chalkboard! Did you make it?

Andrea Worley
    June 21, 2013 at 11:00 pm

beautiful pictures of you and your boys. love that the beach is near.

annet M
    June 22, 2013 at 12:36 am

Great photos! I too have been missing crafting. Missing sewing. I need to buy a sewing machine again… Instead I waste time on fb or whatever – so time to get organised, get a craft table and get going. Here’s hoping the inspiration sticks!

Katie
    June 22, 2013 at 7:37 pm

Hi! I was wondering where you got those awesome chalk markers? Or is that what you said you used to write pretty on that big ole board? 🙂 I love everything about that area you made.

Sarah
    June 23, 2013 at 10:39 pm

When can we get the next part of you’re be story!?

elise
    June 24, 2013 at 1:39 am

Oh my, Sawyer’s face in that first sand picture. I wish we had a beach in Utah. These pictures just look so fun! I honestly don’t remember the last thing I created that wasn’t for work. BUT I did design a really spectacular pamphlet on how to use quickbooks for one of our clients. (Seriously though, I never knew I could make something so boring look so good. 😉

Emily Kazmierski
    June 26, 2013 at 4:14 am

I love the chalkboard list!

Happy Home Fairy
    June 28, 2013 at 3:04 am

Obsessed with your chalkboard!!! I may or may not have shamelessly made a Summer List Chalkboard for our own Happy Home using your same designs. 🙂 It was just the inspiration I needed to get things rollin’ for summer around here. How I appreciate your inspiring emails!!!

Summer Bucket List | Happy Home Fairy
    June 28, 2013 at 3:19 am

[…] I saw THIS chalkboard Summer Bucket List, I thought, I can do […]

Heidi
    June 29, 2013 at 8:37 pm

Wow! I love love LOVE your chalkboard! Not only is the chalkboard itself fun and gets everyone in the spirit to kick off some summer fun, your list is great too! I shared it on the Cake in the Morn facebook page–www.facebook.com/cakeinthemorn–thank you for sharing it here! Great pics and beautiful family!

Stefanie
    July 1, 2013 at 4:34 pm

Cute pictures! I’m glad you’re enjoying your summer!