grow

Dear Baby in My Tummy

Dear Baby in My Tummy,

I’ve been meaning to sit down and write this letter to you for a while now…
so that I feel less guilty about my lack of preparation for you.
so that I stop worrying that we still haven’t found the perfect name for you.
so that you become more real to me.
and so that you know just how much you already matter to our family.

In the 6 months that you have been growing in my belly, life has been a bit crazy for your Mommy and Daddy.
So crazy, that we haven’t spent hours preparing a nursery, or shopping at Babies R Us, or folding and refolding all your precious mini clothes.
I feel terrible about this. As if the time I spend preparing for your arrival somehow equates to the amount of love I have for you.
It doesn’t. I promise.

I already love you to the moon and back.
Your ferocious little kicks to my ribs already melt my heart.
Your little turned up nose on the ultra sound already tells me that you’ll look just like me.
I already know that you like when I eat sugar and oranges, but you’re not a big fan of garlic and onions.
I already know that the sound of your brothers squeals make you lay very still, but your Daddy’s voice always gets you kicking.

I have faith that when you get here, you will give our little family the balance it needs…
Help to teach your brother that he is not, in fact, the center of the Universe.
Remind your Momma and Daddy that they are, in fact, not half bad at this whole parenting business.
Soften our hearts.
Renew our Spirits.
Fill our lives with an added measure of love.

I look forward to our quiet nights alone.
I look forward to your mini fingers and toes.
I look forward to your blinking eyes.
I look forward to all the ways you will be just like your big brother.
But I especially look forward to learning about all the things that make you uniquely YOU.

I already forget everything about raising a newborn,
and I looking forward to relearning everything with you–my sweet baby boy.

I love you.

-Mommy

______________________________________

I would LOVE to hear any and all of your baby boy name suggestions.
We need help!

xoxo, ashley

Sarah
    April 9, 2012 at 11:55 pm

What a lovely letter!!

Nicole
    April 9, 2012 at 11:57 pm

Awe this is so sweet. I love the name Jude, that’s what I wanted to name Liam. I can’t wait to see you and that cute newborn in August, hopefully we will be there then!
    xo

Megan L
    April 9, 2012 at 11:57 pm

Aww SO sweet!! 🙂 love posts like this! 🙂

Lindsey skinner
    April 9, 2012 at 11:59 pm

What a sweet letter! As for names, I have a Jacob and a Jordan, you are more than welcome to use either! Haha. We picked jacobs name from a baby name website off of my husbands blackberry when we were in the hospital. He was supposed to be an Olivia! But surprised us in the end! I’m sure whatever you pick will be perfect! When you look at your new little man, you’ll just know! Best of luck and love,
    ~lindsey

Morgan
    April 10, 2012 at 12:05 am

beyond adorable. he’s one lucky little boy already <3 & names are super tough! i was just looking through a baby name book {to name shop items haha} and stopped on jackson, bennett, zachary {my little man's name} grant and luca to see their meanings {just to name a few haha} good luck momma! 🙂

Jessi H.
    April 10, 2012 at 12:05 am

Loved this. So glad you posted! You’re family is so precious, and you guys truly are not half bad at the whole parenting thing. You owe it to the world to have lots of little kids because you’re so good at it, in fact. Hope you’re feeling well,

Jessi

Anna @ IHOD
    April 10, 2012 at 12:07 am

Oh this just gives me chills. Babies have that incredible gift of grace and love they bring to us the moment they enter the world. Each bring a new measure as you said:)
    So happy for you and prayers for a smooth rest of the pregnancy!
    Anna

ilene
    April 10, 2012 at 12:15 am

sweetest letter ever! love this and so excited for you, friend!

Shanna Page
    April 10, 2012 at 12:17 am

My son and daughter are 22 months apart and I didn’t feel as prepared as I should have either. It was hard getting into the groove with a newborn and a toddler but they’re finally on the same routine. It only took 5 months. 🙂 We didn’t have our daughter’s first name picked out until a week before she was born and her middle name was chosen in the hospital. Our son’s name is Charlie but we also considered Jack. Love your blog!

Amanda
    April 10, 2012 at 12:18 am

You’re so cute. Baby W is such a little stud I can only imagine how studly this new little guy will be. I have a boy name picked out that I’m stingy about and not willing to share… You know for my unborn son that I might have in the near future. But I also like the names Wyatt, Austin, and Fin

HeatherC
    April 10, 2012 at 12:18 am

Thank you for posting this! I am just a few weeks more along than you, only with a 2nd girl instead. We haven’t come up with a name, gotten anything out, washed, dried, anything. I was starting to feel guilty. I am going to have to come up with my own letter to write her.

Miranda
    April 10, 2012 at 12:21 am

Aww, that is beautifully precious <33

Berna
    April 10, 2012 at 12:24 am

Love this post! So true. I am expecting a baby boy in August and totally feel the same way about not having time to prepare.

Brittan
    April 10, 2012 at 12:29 am

This is so sweet. You always have the right words. 🙂

My favorite boy names are Parks and Camden. Very unusual! Can’t wait to hear what y’all decide!

[email protected] by munchies mama
    April 10, 2012 at 12:31 am

Such a sweet post. Brings back memories of pregnancy. He is a lucky little guy to be blessed with such a wonderful family, even if he shall remain nameless ; )

Absolute Mommy
    April 10, 2012 at 12:36 am

This melted my heart. Second babies are a blessing in all those ways you explained. They absolutely reinforce that you are a great momma.
    Awesome post!

Steph
    April 10, 2012 at 12:37 am

Such a sweet letter. My son’s name is Logan, so I’m kind of partial to that name. One of my favorite boy names is Jacob–it just didn’t work so well with our last name (Jacobson)!

Amy
    April 10, 2012 at 12:37 am

You are such a great mommy. I also wrote letters to my babies, actually journals. It’s so fun to read about the back aches and cramps from my growing sweeties. The kids get a kick out of it. They love reading about the first time I felt them move and the first time we heard their litte hearts beat. I know sometimes it’s super hard but we have to enjoy every second. Thanks for being a distraction to my crazy day! 😛

Whitney
    April 10, 2012 at 12:44 am

That was so sweet, Ashley! As for name suggestions, 2 of my favorites have always been Evan and Brennan. My top favorite that we plan on using if we ever have a boy is Kade Alexander.

Heather
    April 10, 2012 at 12:51 am

This is so precious! I have two boys (3 and 8 months) and I LOVE it!!
    Bradley and Tyler. 🙂

Kayla
    April 10, 2012 at 12:54 am

This is adorable!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 I love the names, Bently, Bennet, Cooper, Jack, or Becket. Apparently we have a flair for B names! 🙂 Good luck! Picking the name is always the hardest part!

Jessica
    April 10, 2012 at 12:55 am

Tristan
    Landon
    Graham

Beth @ Through the Eyes of the Mrs.
    April 10, 2012 at 12:56 am

Such a sweet letter and you will remember right away I promise. I have a Dylan so of course I love that name. I’ve always like Liam and Luke. Our son has a good friend named Bryce and I think that is just too cute. Good luck deciding and take care xoxo

Kate
    April 10, 2012 at 1:09 am

Beautiful Ashley 🙂 You’re right… lack of preparation does not mean you don’t love you’re baby as much as humanly possible. I’ve barely done anything either. Names? My little guy is William, but he goes by Liam 🙂 I think Atticus is my favorite right now.

Jessica Blood
      April 10, 2012 at 1:34 am

I LOVE atticus, my favorite book is To Kill A Mockingbird. and that name symbolizes strength and courage to me.

Lindsay @ Hello Hue
    April 10, 2012 at 1:18 am

Oh, I love baby letters! We finaaaaally picked out the perfect first name for our baby boy, but are having the hardest time choosing a middle. Waiting until we have his full name decided before we share, so it’s killing me to not share with our friends and family!

My favorite boy names that were vetoed are Asher, Finn and Cade. Nameberry.com is an awesome site, if you haven’t discovered it already! Congrats and hope you are feeling better!

Jazmin Miller
    April 10, 2012 at 1:22 am

I adore the names Lucas, Liam & Josiah. ♥

Jeanne
    April 10, 2012 at 1:29 am

Beautiful letter 🙂 It’s such a sweet idea! My favourite boy names are Daniel and Henry. Can’t wait to hear what name you choose.

Jessica Blood
    April 10, 2012 at 1:30 am

I have 3 boys (Elijah, Judah, Cohen)
    I wanted Tollie (my grandfathers name) or Asher for my baby, but we ended up with Cohen which I like but now I see it EVERYWHERE, so we are thinking of calling him Samuel his middle name.

Amanda
    April 10, 2012 at 1:31 am

A beautiful letter….and I see someone else already put in Jude, but that is my top boy’s name. I also love Eli. Javan is a cute and unusual Bible name, too.

Jessica
    April 10, 2012 at 1:37 am

Our little men are 16 months apart. We wanted them to be close in age. It was tough being pregnant with my yougest, I was always tired and I didn’t feel prepared for him until all that lovely nesting set in. We never really agreed on a name. My husband wanted Dylan, which I didn’t like, but we both liked Nathan. When my water broke with Nathan I was crying that we didn’t have a name yet and he said what ever you want babe and Nathan it was (feel free to see if that works for you… haha) I still find a tough time finding a balance with everything, but it’s all in HIS hands and HE knows what’s best for everyone. It will all work out. Feel free to stop by and check us out…

Jenna
    April 10, 2012 at 1:37 am

We had twins almost a year ago and had a boy and girl. I used beckham for the boy name!

tarah
    April 10, 2012 at 1:42 am

beyond presh. just had baby number 2 — changed everything and i was so worried. but life is doubled in everything now. diapers, onesies, screaming kids…but more importantly…doubled the love, happiness, aka..all the good stuff!! <3

Kourtney
    April 10, 2012 at 1:42 am

What a sweet letter 🙂
    We are having twins and ended up that it is two girls, so I’ll share our boy names with you:
    Boman Alexander and Brock Elijah or Brock Kimball (although, Kimball is a family name).
    Good luck!

MCatherine
    April 10, 2012 at 1:42 am

I applaud your excellent letter! I wish blogs had been around when I was pregnant with my son….34 yrs ago…but I did keep a journal. After he was born I would regularly record his ‘sounds’ and new words and for the first 6 years of his life I kept a small book into which I entered many of his adorable ‘observations’, one of which I have never forgotten…when he was 4 he asked, “Is Mother Nature God’s Wife?” My son’s name is Drayton Douglas-Wellington of English/Irish heritage and descendent to the Duke of Wellington who defeated Napoleon at Waterloo. I figured I was either naming a Prince or a Chauffeur, but either way he would be a Renaissance man-he has always been more.

Susanne
    April 10, 2012 at 1:51 am

what a sweet, precious letter. i LOVE talking about names. wish i’d had the chance to use more than one, but one girl is all we have! for boys i love: wyndham, lachlan, beckham, hudson, carr, crew. i could go on and on…

kendall
    April 10, 2012 at 2:08 am

What a lovely post- this new baby boy is going to add so much joy to your lives! I can’t wait for him to get here 🙂

Much love to your little {and growing} fam,

kendall
    songbirdsandbuttons.blogspot.com

Kelsee
    April 10, 2012 at 2:14 am

Love this! It’s completely different the second time around. Alright, here are the names that I loved, but my husband shot me down on. We decided on Cooper for our son (we decided on it at 7 1/2 months along, so don’t feel bad.) Sawyer (this was my favorite), Liam, Oliver, Gabriel (call him Gabe for short), Caleb, Wyatt, Weston, Zander (or if you want to get fancy like my sister did, Xander), Brody and Simon. Those are a few. I have the list still, it was pretty intense. Lol Hope it helps!

Amanda M.
    April 10, 2012 at 2:19 am

That was SO beautiful! Oh my. I could just cry. (tears of joy, of course.) I like Grayson (Gray for short), Collier, and Mason. 🙂

lori
    April 10, 2012 at 2:25 am

so sweet. do not feel guilty for any lack of preparation, sweet ashley. you have a lot on your plate. and are such a great momma!!! i am sure this baby boy will add balance to your family. i’ve heard that babies are often complete opposites of their siblings. so this one should be sleeping through the night and super calm, right? 😉

Jessica
    April 10, 2012 at 2:35 am

I love letters to my kids as well, even though I don’t write them nearly as often as I should. 🙂

I have 3 boys and their names are Tate, Jace and Liam. I like simple, easy to read, not too common names. Good Luck!

Debbie
    April 10, 2012 at 2:43 am

I am so excited for you! I love Camden, Gray and Lennon for names!!!

jenni
    April 10, 2012 at 2:53 am

what a precious letter to your unborn baby growing each day in your belly. gave me a BIG knot in my throat.

of course i am going to throw out my own son’s name, because, well….he is special! his name is kyan and he is the sweetest thing on the planet that is growing way too fast!

good luck with the rest of your days being pregnant and choosing a name!

Sarah
    April 10, 2012 at 2:57 am

Paxton, Porter, and Asher are my faves!

Kristina
    April 10, 2012 at 2:58 am

Such a sweet letter 🙂 I just welcomed my nephew this past week… little Greyson!

Kristina
      April 10, 2012 at 3:30 am

I also love the names Elliot, Henry, Nicholas, Lucas, Paul, Jacob, Hank, Hudson, Zachary…

Heidi
    April 10, 2012 at 3:14 am

Super sweet letter to your little man! Love it

Well, working at a school quickly makes a person love or dislike a name real quick.
    Some of my favorites are
    Henry, Oliver, Owen, Cameron, Trey, Kyler, Bennett, Porter, Harrison, Anderson, Maxwell,

Julie
    April 10, 2012 at 3:37 am

Boy names i love: Dorian, Blake, Asher, Damien, Aiden, Jayden

Adrian
    April 10, 2012 at 3:38 am

What a sweet latter!! I love your posts! They are so genuine and heart-felt. Thanks for sharing them with us!
    I have always loved the name Holden!

Wendy
    April 10, 2012 at 3:46 am

I just love reading your blog Ashley 🙂 Your letter is so sweet and will be cherished someday by this little one. Fav boy names: Blake (my boy), Beau, Parker, Grady, Zander

Alicia
    April 10, 2012 at 3:48 am

My little guy’s name is Levi 🙂 It’s a good one 😉 I am 30 weeks pg with #2. This one is a girl. And, I haven’t done anything for her nursery yet either. It makes me feel guilty. Terrible. Sad. I know, like you, that it doesn’t mean that I don’t love her, but I still feel sad. Plus, I kept a pregnancy journal with Levi, and I haven’t with her. I took pictures each week with Levi. Her? Nope. I hope that when she is older, she won’t be mad at me for not “caring as much”. I hope.

Kim
    April 10, 2012 at 3:53 am

I love the name Cade for a boy…I heard it from an old girlfriend of mine. I have also heard Caden, but I like Cade better.

Heather
    April 10, 2012 at 3:56 am

My son’s name is Hudson… but I also love Asher, Porter & Nixon. But I think it’s important that siblings names be of similar styles, so I guess it also depends what “W’s” name is…

Lacy
    April 10, 2012 at 4:12 am

Too sweet! I needed to see this…I’ve been slacking in my attempt at blogging and want to remember as much as I can! I wrote our baby boy a valentine this year 🙂 I can’t wait to meet him next month! And names….what about Asher ? It means happy/blessed

Lindsay Lee
    April 10, 2012 at 4:32 am

I miss you! Im super emotional right now, but this just made me cry. Cant wait to meet this sweet baby boy!

kim
    April 10, 2012 at 4:46 am

Oh boy do I ever no unprepared! I am having a baby boy on Thursday and his dresser still isn’t painted and everything of his is in tubs in his sisters room, but everyone keeps telling me its okay because all that matters is getting them here. I now completely agree! Names are very hard, and I think they are even harder for boys! My top picks were Liam and Quinton, both were vetoed by my husband. I am pretty sure at this point that our little mans name will be Nolan our other son is Braxton. Good luck with everything.

misty
    April 10, 2012 at 5:06 am

That was beautiful. I am so happy for you and your family!! What a blessing.

Some of my favs:
    Logan
    Liam
    Atlas
    Weston
    Hayden
    Lucas
    Landon…… just to name a few. 🙂

Love,

Misty

Ashley
    April 10, 2012 at 6:25 am

What a beautiful letter, friend. You make me want another baby! And as for names I always love Colt and Brennan

Nicole
    April 10, 2012 at 9:09 am

So sweet Ash!
    As you know, I have 2 girls but if we had boys or ever have a boy, here are the names we considered:

Charlie
    Sam
    Cole
    Archie

xx

Sparkle and Co
    April 10, 2012 at 9:17 am

Oh, that’s so cute!!! This baby is lucky to have you as a mummy! You love him (or her) so much!!! Take care xo

Jessica Barber
    April 10, 2012 at 11:45 am

We are pregnant with our second child, due in late June. We have yet to start on a single thing to prepare other than buying boy clothes and stashing them in the back of the closet until his room is ready. Our baby boy will be named Kaleb Michael. The other one we were considering was Mason. Our daughter’s name is Kamryn but it’s a unisex name that you could change the spelling on. I’ve heard that watching the credits at the end of a movie is a good way to find names. Best of luck and can’t wait to continue to hear how things are going!!

Miranda
    April 10, 2012 at 11:48 am

Congrats! I totally understand – I was 30 something weeks along with my 2nd the first time I stepped foot in a Babies R Us. I sat down in a glider and cried. HA. I have a Logan and a Beckett (who we generally call Becks) I also love Greyson 🙂
    }+

Miranda
    April 10, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Congrats!

suggestions:
    Will
    Weston
    Hudson Grey
    Bowdrie
    Crey

Kate S.
    April 10, 2012 at 12:31 pm

I am old fashioned. My boys names are Jim and Robert! Having 2 boys is wonderful – I wish you well.

Gabby
    April 10, 2012 at 12:33 pm

I named my son Quinn Elliott. I wanted something that was different, but not way out there. I looked up a lot of Scottish names, and that is where I came up with it. Elliott is my husband’s middle name, and my daughter has my middle name.

andrea
    April 10, 2012 at 12:59 pm

Aw, love it 🙂

As for names, we have an Eli and if we had another boy we’d name him Samuel.

Kristy
    April 10, 2012 at 1:15 pm

I don’t have any name suggestions – we always struggled with boy names, so it’s a good think our little one turned out to be a girl, but the letter is precious – very similar to how I felt when I was pregnant. I was a lawyer (now a stay at home mom) and in the middle of a huge trial…. I loved laying in bed after 18 hours at the office knowing I’d have to do it all again the next day but those few quiet moments with my baby were priceless. Turns out – I was more prepared than I thought.

Lindsay Hutchins
    April 10, 2012 at 1:24 pm

such a sweet letter to your baby boy 🙂 boys are near & dear to my heart, too….i have 2 boys as well.

my boys are Connor & Nash. i can’t tell you how many compliments we get on Nash’s name!

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims
    April 10, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Just so precious 🙂 Good luck with the naming!!!

Rachel
    April 10, 2012 at 1:36 pm

I love the names Tucker and Connor, and they aren’t super popular which is always nice. 🙂

Caeli
    April 10, 2012 at 2:13 pm

Brendan… my brother’s name. I just love it!

Charlotte's mama
    April 10, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Sweet letter.

What about…
    Brady
    Hudson
    Aiden
    Logan
    Drake
    Tucker

Robyn
    April 10, 2012 at 2:33 pm

Your letter is beautiful. My two boys are Jacob and Elijah. If we ever have a 3rd, it will likely be Isaac (assuming it’s a boy, of course). I like names that you can use nicknames. They are often called Jake and Eli (and we would use Zach for Isaac).

Fifi
    April 10, 2012 at 2:52 pm

What a lovely letter!

I LOVE Theo, I think it sounds really cute 🙂
    I also really like Alexander and Lawrence, and Joss and Noah…
    Oh the list goes on and makes me feel very broody!

Its funny to see how British and American mums have different ideas on names!

Emily
    April 10, 2012 at 3:11 pm

This is a beautiful letter. The love between a mother and child is so precious. My husband and I love the names Max and Kai for little boys. Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy and delivery 🙂

Ashley
    April 10, 2012 at 3:17 pm

I don’t have children but I love when names have meanings. I love the names Joshua and Noah from the Bible. They are such strong characters that placed their faith and trust in God.

But I also love the names Bennet, Hudson and Elliot.

MelindaB
    April 10, 2012 at 4:11 pm

I love the names Levi, Dylan and Micah!

Dixie
    April 10, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Oh man, gee thanks, I seriously just sat here at work and cried half my mascara off. haha
    I’m done having babies (have three now) and it makes me happy and sad at the same time.
    There’s nothing like those quiet moments alone with just momma and baby *sigh*
    Enjoy and congratulations

Gina
    April 10, 2012 at 4:42 pm

My husband and I have been putting together our list as well. Here are a few of the names on the list: Mason, Parker, Jackson, Logan, Caleb, Carter and Lincoln. GOOD LUCK!

Lisa G
    April 10, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Oh I know how hard boys names can be! My oldest is Riley Jackson, his little sister is Madison Kennedy and my youngest is Landon McKinley. With my youngest we couldn’t decide between Lucas and Landon until 15 minutes before we left the hospital. Then given the fact that our older two have “presidential” middle names we had to pick one for him too!

Maybe just make a list of your favorites and see what he looks like when he arrives!

Good luck!

Shona
    April 10, 2012 at 5:15 pm

Hi Ashley! I just love my son’s name, Asher, and would be fitting with your name!! People always have commented on his name, so much so that now he’s always introducing himself to people with, “Hi, my name is Asher”!! lol…..

Good luck! Picking a name is always so fun!

erika @ rouge&whimsy
    April 10, 2012 at 5:43 pm

aw this is so sweet ashley! i’m sure when you meet him you’ll come up with the perfect name for him. love you!

Jennifer
    April 10, 2012 at 5:48 pm

Ash, you are so sweet. Your new little boy is so lucky to have you as a mommy.
    I like the name Weston.

karla @ bluegrass jewlery designs
    April 10, 2012 at 5:52 pm

I never feel totally prepared when I have my babies either. I am 25 weeks and haven’t done anything to get ready yet. I am just enjoying the fact that I am finally pregnant and not throwing up all the time. : ) I have 2 boys-Daniel Brett (we call him Brett) and Ethan Joshua. If this baby is a boy, we are naming him Riley Aaron. I also like the names Emerson, Grayson, Garrett…I had some more suggestions, but I can’t think of them right now (crazy pregnancy brain). : )

Jen B.
    April 10, 2012 at 6:34 pm

We have a son and daughter. Our son’s name is Drew…(our favorite of course) and if my girl was going to be another boy, we had Dean picked out. Good luck 🙂

Meagan palmer
    April 10, 2012 at 6:44 pm

Cameron!!!

Esther
    April 10, 2012 at 7:19 pm

crying over here. you are making me realize how great siblings can be… for the whole family!

i love the name Ephrem/Efrain but my husband is totally against it! you can take it if you want 🙂

Kylie
    April 10, 2012 at 7:42 pm

Such a sweet letter, I have 2 boys Boston and Nash. Its always hard picking a name, good luck!

Barbara Brown
    April 10, 2012 at 8:20 pm

We have a Kevin, Korbyn & a Kyson……..love all of them! Good luck with your new little peanut.

Samantha Grey
    April 10, 2012 at 8:26 pm

We have 3 boys and are expecting #4 (we don’t know what the gender is). Our names are Maximus (Max) Richard, Alexander (Alex) Raymond, and Elijah (Eli) Donald. If we have another boy it will either be William (Will) Joseph (I think this is our first chioce) or Nathaniel (Nate) Joseph. We also love Quinton but we are saving that for #5 since it means fifth! Good luck!

kashoan
    April 10, 2012 at 8:35 pm

That was super cute and sweet. I am so excited for you to be a Momma again. We are all K’s at our house. I think any name you pick will be great.

Selidji Laleye
    April 10, 2012 at 8:40 pm

Love the letter! My son name is Nathan which means a gift from God. I also love Samuel, Henry and Joshua.
    I love your blog!

Shirley
    April 10, 2012 at 10:26 pm

I wish you good health through the next few months and what ever you name your son wil be what is meant to be. I didn’t choose my childrens names till they were born. As soon as they were born the name just came to me as I look into their beautiful little eyes. I have a Christopher and a Kimberly.

Lea
    April 10, 2012 at 10:28 pm

I have a Mason and Jackson, but other names I liked were:

Greyson
    Bennett
    Dax
    Blake
    Hudson

Good luck, we just had #4 only 3 weeks old….glad your blogging again

Laura
    April 10, 2012 at 10:53 pm

Such a sweet letter to your little guy. Baby #2 is so different from Baby #1, isn’t he? I remember feeling like, how could I possibly love a second child as much as I love my first. I mean, after all, he was my FIRST, and there was so much excitement around everything with that pregnancy and birth. (Except for the horrible morning/all day sickness that nearly had me hospitalized!) It is amazing how your heart just grows for that second one and just as it was with your first, you can’t imagine your family without number two as well! I don’t have any great suggestions for boy names, but our son’s name is Thomas. I am fairly partial to it as it is the name of both my dad and my father-in-law. 🙂

Jenna
    April 10, 2012 at 11:35 pm

I do not have any children of my own yet, I am still in college. But I have always loved the names Logan, Lucas, Nathan, and Dawson. Hopefully i’ll have a girl first because I already know what I would want her name to be, but a boy is completely up in the air!

Natasha
    April 11, 2012 at 2:00 am

Baby Holland would be a great name!……. Baby H! Good luck!!

Xyla
    April 11, 2012 at 2:06 am

Boy Baby Names: Leif or Everett,

Jennifer
      April 11, 2012 at 3:17 am

Oh I love the name Leif!!

Megan
    April 11, 2012 at 2:16 am

You are such a sweet momma!
    I have a 3 year old named Dylan Thomas and a 6 month old named Wyatt Daniel. They are both really happy boys, especially my 6 month old (who has been sleeping through the night since 5 weeks!!!). Feel free to use either one of them.
    Hang in there momma!
    Hugs from Austin 🙂

Allison R
    April 11, 2012 at 2:43 am

We too struggle naming our kids. I would recommend buying (or sitting in Barnes and Noble for an hour) The Baby Naming Wizard. It helps so much. I wish I had had it when my second was on the way, and I love what it says for my third. At least two of my friends who I have suggested the book to, found the name for their kids. GOOD LUCK.

Aleyta
    April 11, 2012 at 2:54 am

We are naming our boy Jack but I also liked Josiah & Henry.

Jennifer
    April 11, 2012 at 3:15 am

What a lovely letter. I’m sure you will be spending plenty of time at Babies R Us in the very near future. Have fun shopping for all the adorable baby things!

I love the names Aiden, Maximus or Carter. Good luck picking your little boy’s name.

Erin
    April 11, 2012 at 4:40 am

Our baby boy was just born 3 1/2 weeks ago, and your love letter to your little guy pretty much says everything in my heart! So sweet.
    Names…we named ours Caden Harper…Noah Easton was our other choice. We also liked Payson and Kingston. 🙂 Whatever you choose will be the ‘perfect name’ in the long run. 🙂 They grow into their names. When we had our daughter, I really loved the name Amaris, but my husband really wanted Sydney. We named her Sydney, and though I still love the name Amaris, I can’t imagine it for her now…’Sydney’ fits her fun-loving, class clown, ball-of-energy personality!
    Good luck, and happy name hunting!

Courtney
    April 11, 2012 at 2:29 pm

As a mom of three boys, I spent many hours going through names. My boys have these:

Broden (Brody)
    Zachary (Zachy)
    Benjamen (Benjy)

Also love Brock and Nathan

Best wishes!!!

Rachel D.
    April 11, 2012 at 2:30 pm

When I have a boy, I want to name him Cody. I also always liked the name Miles and my sister has a son named Stetson. Good luck picking.

Stephanie
    April 11, 2012 at 2:46 pm

We have a little boy named Logan and I’m pregnant with my second also. We don’t find out what we are having until April 30th, but if we are having another boy, I think we are going to go with Easton!

Good luck!!

Lindsay
    April 11, 2012 at 4:15 pm

We have a Jack and an Owen. Names we also considered: Luke, Mason, Charlie, Henry, and Logan. Boys names are HARD…good luck!

PS – I hope Lil W’s surgery went well!!!

Dani
    April 11, 2012 at 5:01 pm

Boy names I love. . . Andrew, Zachary, Liam, Sagan, Braxton, Boston, Jeremiah.

Good luck! naming is always the hardest…because they always have to have it 😛 On a side note even if they hate it when they are a child….like me for heavens sakes my name was a boy name it isn’t short for Danielle and my last name was another boy name NOT FUN. But I love it now! I am sure it helps that I took my hubby’s last name LOL

Meredith
    April 11, 2012 at 5:53 pm

This is gorgeous! Who cares about baby nursery decor from BRU–this letter tops that a million times over 🙂

E
    April 11, 2012 at 7:57 pm

Our sons are Kyle & Luka – we have a little girl due in August! Best wishes for the rest of your pregnancy!

Ariel
    April 11, 2012 at 10:42 pm

I am partial to the name Landon Drew 🙂 but, I also love JUDE, NOLAN, BLAINE, JASPER, JAXON, PRESTON, EMMETT, DRAKE, BROCK, DYLAN, ASHTON, SAWYER, BRADY. There ya go… my boy name list.

LOVE your sweet letter!

Meg White
    April 11, 2012 at 10:56 pm

I love the name Grayson. I don’t know if anyone else posted that name, but I love it! 🙂 Congrats on baby #2. You are an AMAZING mother!

Maria @ All Things Luxurious
    April 12, 2012 at 1:23 am

<3 So incredibly sweet. I love the names Brody, Grant, and Robby. So many congratulations to you and your *growing* family. 🙂

Angela
    April 12, 2012 at 2:22 am

Beautiful letter! As a mom of two boys, I empathize with all your thoughts about what you haven’t done with this pregnancy. It doesn’t matter, though…your love is enough and it is apparent there is an abundance of that! As for the name, my boys are Marcus and Logan, but I also love the names Jack and Charlie.

Merry
    April 12, 2012 at 2:31 am

Sugar and oranges are what I’m always eating with my pregnancy! Cute letter, Baby will love it! As for names…. Brett or Trent are some of my favorites. 🙂

Shelley in SK
    April 12, 2012 at 5:18 am

Kenneth, Wyatt, Jordan, Jake, Blake, Kolby, Kieran, Luke.

Twice as nice
    April 12, 2012 at 11:56 am

Love the name Crew.

Lisa
    April 12, 2012 at 12:42 pm

I have a Jace Everett. I also love the names: Cale, Henry, Hank, George,

Katie
    April 12, 2012 at 1:11 pm

We like short names: Kru, Lex, Jace, Evan, Ty, Max

Carmen
    April 12, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Hi Ashley! 🙂

I like these names for a boy:

– Hayden
    – Caleb
    – Cooper

Have a blessed day!

Lis
    April 12, 2012 at 8:16 pm

Such a beautiful letter! I love the part where big brother will know he’s not the center of the universe, LOL!

Well, my best friend just decided on Grayson and her sister (due a month earlier!) is having a little Paxton. 🙂

My son’s name is Christofer. 🙂

Mamie Rose
    April 12, 2012 at 8:27 pm

Very beautiful post!

I LOVE names. Some I like for boys are:

Caeden, Liam, Nolan, Jack, Cameron, Truman, and Alec.

Andrea
    April 13, 2012 at 1:35 am

I have 2 boys Griffin (4) and Roman (2). We are expecting baby #3. I am 30 weeks pregnant. We have not found out the gender with any of them. Baby #2, Roman was 3 days old before we decided on his perfect name. If baby #3 is a baby we have not decided on a name yet. I am liking Porter, but that is certainly not set in stone! Thanks to all of your comments for boy suggestions! Boy names are tough…

Amy
    April 13, 2012 at 4:23 am

I too have 2 boys(they are 3 1/2 years old and 16 months):) Let me tell you, it has been a wild ride that I would take all over again in a heart beat! We didn’t even start our second sons room until he was 2 months old so don’t feel too bad. I love their names Aiden William and Liam Daniel. Boy names seem to be the hardest. On our list were Nathan, Chase and Douglas. I also love Asher, Brody and Bentley.

kathy h.
    April 13, 2012 at 5:11 am

Beck

Jessica
      April 13, 2012 at 7:10 am

Ashley I have a baby boy named Drew and for my next boy it will be either Jack, Sawyer, Crewe (my favorite), Jonas or Phineas but we would call him Phin. Hope this helps!

Brittney
    April 13, 2012 at 6:51 am

I’m the dead worst with names… But you’ll come up with something amazing!
    Love you and love this letter. So sweet and I can totally relate! Wish I had done something like this! Good Momma!
    xo

Lisa A
    April 13, 2012 at 7:05 pm

You love for your children shines bright! This is such a sweet letter and someday he will cherish it. Sounds like baby is going to fit right in with your little family.

Baby names are tough! I like Caden, Carter & Grayson 🙂

Shelby
    April 15, 2012 at 12:32 am

I know whatever name you pick out will fit perfectly with your family. My suggestion is Rex Benjamin. The mean for Rex, is KING:) …..p.s. Landon is a nice name too:)
    All my best, Shelby

Meggan
    April 15, 2012 at 5:01 am

I have 2 girls (Evelyn and Blythe) -clearly I like non-traditional names. My boy names for them were Gentry and Graham.

Amanda
    April 16, 2012 at 1:53 am

Ashley- very touching note to your little! How about Crew, Liam, Zeke, or Axton?
    Good luck, we had such a hard time naming our 2nd.
    xoxoxo Amanda

shannon
    April 16, 2012 at 8:04 pm

I have three boys, Cooper William, Caden James, Luke McKinnley.

HENRY and COLE are other names we considered.

Good Luck!

Rebecca
    April 16, 2012 at 10:35 pm

I’ve got an Avery Lauren (girl) and Benjamin Ace (boy ). You are free to use either name!

I also like Logan and Cameron.

I found picking a boy name was more difficult than picking a girl name.

Best of luck!

Cara
    April 17, 2012 at 3:21 am

Oliver
    Emerson
    Easton
    Avery

Beth
    April 17, 2012 at 2:28 pm

I am a bit partial to Jackson… 😉

Rachelle
    April 17, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Caden, Raiker, and Bryceson.

Cami Fulmer
    April 17, 2012 at 10:48 pm

I love classic names. With my first baby my boys list was Zachary, Nicholas, Andrew and William.

We used Zachary and Nicholas (Cole) with family middle names but my third is Andrew. Andrew Christian and I just love the way it flows. We never got to #4 so sadly I have no William. Maybe someday!

Good luck!

Melissa
    April 18, 2012 at 2:16 pm

So sweet…I think it is completely normal to not feel as prepared the second time…..you have a lot more responsibilities now. I love the name Hudson for a boy or Reid.

Niki Blake
    April 18, 2012 at 2:40 pm

LOVE the letter! 🙂 WE have three boys and I LOVE their names…..Chandler, Hayden and Preston. 🙂 LOVIN’ the classics that aren’t overused like Henry and I do love the name Crew…which a lot of people have mentioned. Good luck!!!

Angie
    April 18, 2012 at 7:07 pm

My son’s name is Jayce Thomas…I like the meaning and it fits him well….also not very common! Loved your letter!

Maybee's Mom
    April 18, 2012 at 7:54 pm

So sweet….so many names…..I have twin grandsons….Peyton and Owen…..I Have a son Jason…..We are a nickname family…Owen we call O…..Jason we call….J…….Peyton we call Peyt……so I would think of what rolls off your tongue as you yell outside …..I do love Henry for a name…..and Zack…..so whatever you decide…..will be perfect….

Shanna Watson
    April 19, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Beautiful letter 🙂

My boys names are….Bradley William, William Anthony & Waylon Lee.

Rozalynn
    April 19, 2012 at 5:12 pm

I love writing letters to my unborn child 😉 This was adorable! And good luck with a name, our baby is due in 5 weeks and is still nameless

Kate
    April 19, 2012 at 6:31 pm

We named our son Jackson but I also love the name Bennett

Kandice
    April 19, 2012 at 7:23 pm

I have read your blog for awhile but this is my first time commenting, i wanted to give a few boy name suggestions

Beckett
    Hawkins
    Crawford
    Eastlan
    Easton
    Anden
    Wyatt
    Remington
    Hunter
    Collins
    Rush
    Kingston

bree clark
    April 20, 2012 at 2:20 am

What a beautiful letter! Good thing babies don’t know how unprepared we really are when they are born! As long as we have plenty of love and milk to give…they’re good! Of course I love my sons name, cannon bryce. I also like bridger, brooks, ridge, and bo. I’ve heard bowie (not sure if that’s how it was spelled) and loved that! Looks like everyone had lots of good ideas for you. Good luck pretty girl!

Amber
    April 21, 2012 at 3:46 am

Beautiful letter. I’m pregnant with my third and feel the same way. We painted and put together my daughter’s room (2nd child) 2 weeks b4 she was born. This baby isn’t even going to have his own bedding but using the bedding I used for my 1st son. I’m learning though what’s really important and that’s loving your kids.

I’m also enjoying reading through all the name suggestions. I have a Colin MacRae.

Stephanie Sloan
    April 22, 2012 at 12:56 am

SO super sweet! I wanted to post a name my friend just names her son….I had never heard it before but I love it. They named him Caffrey Jonas. BUT when reading over the comments, I kept seeing Bennett. I just think William and Bennett sound so good together. So strong and so noble? I don’t know….I think you will find the right one. Your heart will know. HUGS MOMMA!

Kristin
    April 24, 2012 at 5:22 am

Sweet letter I felt the same with my second child. Two names I love Emmett and Beckett (Beckett was what I lost named my son).

Kimberly Bonham
    April 24, 2012 at 3:10 pm

What a sweet letter! Your tummy is too cute! Great picture!

Gillian
    April 25, 2012 at 1:25 am

Hey Ash! That was lovely. Just name him Wesley or Ben or your dog’s name cuz that’s all you’ll ever remember anyway!;) Wednesday Jones is called Piggy more than not!xoxo

Sarahs
    April 25, 2012 at 4:46 pm

I love this letter and can relate 110%! I have a 19 month old and am due May 23rd with a little girl! I have felt all of these emotions but when the little bundles are here everything will fall into place as it should! Some names I like are Nathan (I’m partial its my sons name) Blake and Declan 🙂 best of luck and thank you for your awesome website!!

Jennifer Dawn
    April 25, 2012 at 10:51 pm

This is a beautiful letter!

I felt the guilt from lack of preparation, too. My sweet boy was a high risk pregnancy and I already had a very demanding toddler…so there wasn’t a lot of nursery decorating going on in this house either. I think that is just what happens with the second child and any that come after. 🙂

Nicole Franks
    April 26, 2012 at 12:15 am

Hi there! I am about to deliever baby number three tomorrow morning 🙂 We are not sure of the gender, but my fav boys name is Talon. It makes me think of Isaiah 55 – being on wings like eagles. Although, this isn’t our boy name it was our #2 😉 I do hope you take it – or someone reading this does! I just LOVe that name!! Enjoy the last few months of your pregnancy, as I am enjoying the last few hours. As you well know, it goes by super-duper quick!!

Emily
    April 26, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Aww, this makes me wish I wrote letters to my babies.
    I have a son named Nephi
    and if I ever have another, I want to name him Hyrum. Hyrum Gregory 🙂
    There are so many good ideas listed here, I’m sure whatever you choose will be impeccable for your sweet baby boy.

Kari Jo
    April 27, 2012 at 6:24 am

I am a new Little Miss Momma fan…awesome! We have 2 boys and like everything I do, I keep with a theme..IRISH! Sean Wesley (13) and Kelan Michae (12)l. middle names are family. Congratulations and finish your “when we met!” I can’t wait. You are a really talented writer;) Take care

Teri
    April 28, 2012 at 5:17 pm

So sweet! You are such a great momma! As for names…LOVE the name Owen. Names are so tough though…especially boys. Good luck!

Stefanie
    May 3, 2012 at 6:20 pm

How sweet! What an exciting time for you!

Sue
    May 3, 2012 at 8:45 pm

What a BEAUTIFUL touching letter ….. Your a Super Great Mom!!!
    My choice for names were Wade, Dean, Reese, Landon.
    Best of Luck 😉

Tracy
    May 6, 2012 at 8:53 pm

I just had a little boy and the name that we kept coming back to was Jack. So his name is Jack Christopher 🙂

Jenny
    May 9, 2012 at 11:19 pm

this is a beautiful letter, thanks for sharing=) my little man’s name is liam joshua.

Melissa
    May 22, 2012 at 1:57 am

I personally like the baby boy names: Liam, Grayson, Brayden, Brandon, Anthony, Michael–etc. I hope you find the perfect one for you!

Laura
    May 22, 2012 at 10:22 pm

Beautiful letter from a beautiful momma! My favorite boy names are Easton, Brodin, and Sullivan. I am blessed with three girls all with awesome names 😉 Sage Pond, Jacksyn Beth, and Quincy simms.

5 months pregnant
    August 1, 2013 at 11:10 pm

I do not leave many responses, but i did some searching and
    wound up here Dear Baby in My Tummy – grow – Little Miss Momma.
    And I actually do have some questions for you if it’s allright. Could it be just me or does it look like a few of the responses look as if they are coming from brain dead people? 😛 And, if you are writing on additional online social sites, I would like to follow everything fresh you have to post. Could you make a list of the complete urls of your communal pages like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?

Occu Pant Blog
    March 30, 2017 at 10:42 pm

Your Baby Or Little Girl Will Love

[…] ng a positive review, but if I like the product and think my readers will too – […]

Mariah Hiatt