style

WIW: Last Minute Costume

What do you do when you realize the invite to your dinner party that nightย says “wear a costume”, and you don’t have one? Well, if you’re like me, then you go to your closet and realize that quite a bit of what you see is reminiscent of a particular decade. So why not make the most of that super sweet shoulder padded bolero,ย bust out your favorite side pony tail and clip on those radical dangle earrings–ta da! You’ve got yourself a costume.

And yes, while these are my 80’s costume sun glasses, they are also my everday glasses.
$5 from Forever 21, can’t beat that.

What are you going to be for Halloween?
Your kids?

Jazmin Miller
    October 21, 2011 at 7:03 am

Oh you always look super cute!!
    Love the last minute costume idea.

โ™ฅJazmin

[email protected]
    October 21, 2011 at 7:21 am

Suuuuper cute costume! Love it. I don’t think I will be dressing up this year. We don’t really have a place to go. The boys however are going to be the bomb! Munchie is going to be a construction worker and Dylie Bear is going to be an orange traffic cone. Can’t wait! Holidays are so much more fun when you have children.

Megan Robinson
    October 21, 2011 at 7:22 am

you are so cute!! i love it!

Aretusa
    October 21, 2011 at 7:34 am

Adorable!!!!

Lauren
    October 21, 2011 at 7:48 am

This is so cute! and the 80’s weren’t always cute! My son is going to be a monkey, since that’s his nic name, and I’m going to be the mom in the yellow hat…at least I planned on it. I guess I should get started on making that up!

Megan
      October 21, 2011 at 3:53 pm

The Mom in the yellow hat?? Genius!!!

Beth
    October 21, 2011 at 11:05 am

you look so cute. luv the outfit. (:

Chrissy Boerman
    October 21, 2011 at 11:24 am

way cute.. you look great, as always, My 10yr old is going to be a book fairy (found on pinterest), my 5yr old wants to be a vampire skeleton, he made it up, and my 2 yr old daughter is going to be a garden gnome!

Beth @ Through the Eyes of the Mrs.
    October 21, 2011 at 11:29 am

Way too cute, need to get my costume together soon. Hoping the husband can pull off an 80’s look too. Not so sure. xoxo

Becky Kindel
    October 21, 2011 at 12:05 pm

Cute costume! I actually really like your headband….did you make it??

Kristin
    October 21, 2011 at 12:10 pm

You are so stinkin’ cute! Way to work the last minute!! xoxo

Kate
    October 21, 2011 at 12:37 pm

THAT IS LIKE TOTALLY AWESOME ๐Ÿ™‚

Lindsay Lee
    October 21, 2011 at 1:37 pm

LOVE YOU! You totally rocked it! ๐Ÿ™‚

Tempestt Evans
    October 21, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Adorable! Reminds me of my mom in the 80’s haha
    This year my 2 year old daughter wants to be Foofa from Yo Gabba Gabba, and we thought it’d be funny to dress up as a family. So she will be Foofa, my 7 month old daughter is going to be Toodee, I will be Muno and my husband will be Broobee…it’s going to be a hilarious sight ๐Ÿ˜‰

Megan
    October 21, 2011 at 3:51 pm

I LOVE that all of those pieces were in your closet!
    And the side pony is awesome. How fun! Tell us more about that dinner party!
    I’m going to a grown ups only Halloween party and hope my closet will take care of it.
    I’m thinking Courtney Kardashian… I’ll let you know, lol!

Melissa
    October 21, 2011 at 3:55 pm

Great outfit! Luv it! : ) Great job putting that together.

Kristina
    October 21, 2011 at 4:14 pm

Cute costume! My husband & I are going to be twins. How creative right? lol And my son is going to be Harry Potter. ๐Ÿ™‚

~Kristina

brittany @lovestitched
    October 21, 2011 at 4:33 pm

lol your too cute! I wear that skirt and sunglasses on a normal basis! LOVE it though you sure do rock that side pony ๐Ÿ™‚

I am LOVD
    October 21, 2011 at 4:37 pm

I’m not into the Halloween dress up myself (although not a year goes by where I don’t where my “BOO” t-shirt from Target). But my son…NINJA all the way!!!

Carrie Schryver
    October 21, 2011 at 5:09 pm

Love the outfit, so cute for a costume!! LOVE the head band, where is the DIY for that???

karla @ bluegrass jewelry designs
    October 21, 2011 at 5:57 pm

You look totally awesome, dude!

Mary Susan McConnell
    October 21, 2011 at 6:09 pm

Thank you for solving my Halloween costume dilemma!! Super cute, fun, and cheap. Can’t beat that!

Ben
    October 21, 2011 at 6:10 pm

rocked it- but i’m sure the neighbors were wondering why you were dressing up!

Chelsey Davis
    October 21, 2011 at 6:55 pm

Our 18 month old wants to be Shamu…”Mamu” in her words. I am thinking of going as a whale trainer. Leggings and a make-shift shirt with a sea world logo as my costume.

Jenae @ wildflower
    October 21, 2011 at 8:18 pm

AH!!! your costume is freaking cute! I love it! I’m probably not dressing up this year…but kiddlets are going to be superman and spiderman and they couldn’t be more excited! I can’t wait to take them trick or treating they are at the age {2 & 3} where they are so excited and can’t wait for halloween to get here ๐Ÿ™‚ {and I would so wear those sunglasses day to day! LOVE THEM!}

Amber Farris
    October 21, 2011 at 10:38 pm

I LOVE YOUR LAST MINUTE FIT!!! I just got invited to a costume party this last weekend and I literally went through my closet and threw together 6 mismatching peices and gave myself a mysterious name ๐Ÿ™‚ Turns out I looked super cute and it qualified as a ‘costume’. Hehe. LOVE IT!!!

Jess
    October 21, 2011 at 10:38 pm

Like, you’re TOTALLY channeling your inner Madonna….I love it! Such a creative way to create a fun Halloween look – I’m so over the inappropriate options out there for the big kids!

Barbara
    October 22, 2011 at 1:25 am

For some reason 80s costumes are always so cute to me…I wish it was socially acceptable to go out like this on a normal basis because it is cute! Love your “fix” for no costume.

Amber
    October 23, 2011 at 10:57 pm

Adorable! We went to a party last night as Mary Poppins and Bert!

Mindy Harris
    October 24, 2011 at 3:38 am

you are so cute no matter what you wear but i still like you!! so beautiful!!!
    wilder is going to be a wise old owl since he will have his new eyeglasses
    story is going to be a boring red butterfly but it was cheap and she will be cute no matter what. i like for them to “go together” in what they are wearing but am too lazy this year.
    last year they were a hamburger and banana split. ๐Ÿ™‚

kristen duke photography
    October 24, 2011 at 5:14 am

did you really have that shoulder padded jacket in your closet? you look awesome, and I was Ms. Peacock at the couples Halloween party we hosted last night..hubby was Colonel Mustard:)

ana {bluebirdkisses}
    October 24, 2011 at 3:01 pm

I love the 80s costume! Its one of my favorite go-to’s as well. This year I will be going as a “mommy” meaning that I won’t be wearing anything in particular since all of my energy has gone into baby J’s costume…and he will be a super cute 7month old furry green monster! He will model his costume for his grandparents since he’s too little to do any real trick or treating!

Tawny
    October 25, 2011 at 5:01 pm

BAHAHAHA love the shoulder pads!

Stefanie
    October 25, 2011 at 6:38 pm

That is fabulous! Especially the high side-pony!

Shannon
    November 2, 2011 at 4:17 am

You are a pretty stinkin’ cute 80’s girl!

Florida
    October 7, 2012 at 7:59 am

It’s an amazing post in support of all the internet people; they will obtain advantage from it I am sure.

monoi oil
    April 28, 2013 at 4:05 am

Of course, there are other probable causes of eyebags.
    It is extracted from the nuts, specifically the kernels, of the almond plant.
    It helps balance the moisture in the skin, or replenish moisture
    that has been lost.

rose hip
    May 28, 2013 at 6:13 am

Not all rosehip oils are the same as there
    are many different species of rose which are made up of different
    amounts of naturally occurring ingredients. While the essential oils are
    often considered the “active ingredients”, its important to consider the “carrier oils” are
    exceptionally therapeutic as well. This oil won’t become rancid, and it won’t lose its antioxidants, even
    if it’s stored for long time periods.

Ida
    December 16, 2014 at 12:59 am

Great items from you, man. I have consider your stuff
    prior to and you are simply extremely great. I really like what you’ve bought right here, certainly like what you are saying and the way in which through which you assert it.
    You’re making it entertaining and you continue to care for to keep
    it smart. I cant wait to learn much more from you.
    This is really a wonderful website.

gmail email login
    October 10, 2018 at 3:06 pm

Cute costume. I like that 80s feels.