grow

Really?!

I mentioned this lovely experience at the end of my post, I Am THAT Mom.
And in case you didn’t believe me, I decided to show proof.
Yes, that is pee.
Baby W pee, to be exact.
And yes, he managed to hit nearly every cushion in a matter of seconds.

And he was quite pleased with himself.
I, on the other hand, was not.

Jayna Rae
    April 8, 2011 at 7:22 am

Look forward to more of this. Potty training and boys, from what my friends say up to five, means accidents. I had to throw out the bathroom rug two days ago because I couldn't get the smell out. So sad! Poor Nemo rug was peed on one too many times.

danib
    April 8, 2011 at 7:25 am

i dont think baby's pee stains stain or even smell but if it does there is this amazing stain remover for carpets and couches, its called folex. it is instant! my daughter Emmie had a BM accident in her car seat when we had our long road trip and i just sprayed that stuff on it without even wiping it and it disappeared instantly. 🙂

Jennifer
    April 8, 2011 at 7:39 am

Best design piece I have ever heard was from Kirstie Alley. If you have kids always buy a couch that you can slip cover. 🙂

Unfortunately this doesn't work for floors. Our carpet is desperate for a good shampooing. All thanks to my 2 yr old son and 8 month old girl.

Nikke
    April 8, 2011 at 7:59 am

Oh no! I hope it comes out.

Casey Martinez
    April 8, 2011 at 11:17 am

I have to say that this only confirms my decision not to get a new couch until we are done with having babies and small kids in the house;0. I'm so sorry! That would be very frustrating…maybe funny to talk about latear but, not in the moment!

Meri
    April 8, 2011 at 11:21 am

lol, oh the joys of parenting, especially little boys! 😉 Slipcovers and leather are our friends here, since both can be easily washed/wiped up.

Of course, we thought we were being so smart with the leather until one son decided to paint it with pink sparkly nail polish, 5 years later, I am still trying to figure out where that came from, because I don't wear pink sparkly nail polish :s Oh well, it gives the couch character and us a funny story (now). lol

Laurie
    April 8, 2011 at 11:29 am

Oh, man! I feel for ya! Found my youngest (now 9) urinating into the kitchen trash can one day. I swear I got light headed. Boys, boys, boys!

Carolynleigh
    April 8, 2011 at 12:02 pm

Yucky! But funny! haha 🙂

Shelley
    April 8, 2011 at 12:19 pm

NOOOOO!!!!!! Thank God for slipcovers. Can't tell you how many times I've had to throw mine in since Izzy showed up. Too bad I can't do it with my carpet. I threw in the potty training towel a few months ago after the last incident. She ran away from me, while I was trying to clean up yet another mess, and stood in front of the dining room window… stared me down… and peed all over the carpet… AGAIN!!! It's like she was saying, "yeah… that's right… what cha gonna do 'bout it?"

MellyB
    April 8, 2011 at 12:38 pm

How they cover so much area is beyond me. It's like boys were born with super skills to be able to spread various body fluids in large quantities in amazingly brief periods of time. Stupid secret boy training.

Chrissy @ Boerman Ramblings
    April 8, 2011 at 12:45 pm

Oh ash you posts make me laugh! baby W is going to look back at your blog someday and wonder what he was doing ..pooping in the tub, peeing on the couch! LOL

Resourceful Red
    April 8, 2011 at 1:18 pm

awe man!! I feel ya tho. We just moved into our new house. Take a guess as to who was the first to pee on the floor 3 times in the new house. No not the dog, Baby Boy!!!!

...and Patch
    April 8, 2011 at 1:28 pm

do a spray bottle of 1/2 white vinegar and 1/2 water (I add perment oil or tea tree oil-just a dash for scent)
    Great disenfectant and odor remover!!

Sarah @ The Bird's Papaya
    April 8, 2011 at 1:30 pm

bah hahahaha! that's HILARIOUS.

Did he manage the diaper removal or toilet training?

It's times like this I'm thankful that our pee mishaps were from girls, and were in a puddle on the floor. But…now I have a boy. So it's bound do happen.

Karri
    April 8, 2011 at 1:44 pm

I was *that* mom who let her kids naked in the backyard. And whose 2 year old daughter watched her brothers pee on the lawn (are you envisioning a total white trashy scene yet?) and then said daughter imitated her brothers. Peeing. Standing up. Klassy.

Thanks for the laugh.

Jenae @ Wildflower
    April 8, 2011 at 1:45 pm

I know just what that's like! my littlest one Mister D he loves to take his own diaper off and run around naky he pee's on everything!! I think I need to invest in a steam cleaner…good luck with potty training 🙂

Nicole
    April 8, 2011 at 1:49 pm

OMG, that is hilarious!! I honestly shouldn't be laughing… I know it's only a matter of time before it happens to me. I ask my little guy everytime before he gets in the bath, "do you want to go potty in the toliet?" He shakes his head no at me and tells me no. So I proceed to take off his diaper. The second that diaper comes off… he pees… on the floor!!! Then looks at me and just smiles, sometimes even laughs. He totally knows what he is doing and I'm such a push over! We're going to be in for serious treats when we get serious on this potty training business.

stephanie
    April 8, 2011 at 1:59 pm

This cracks me up because even though I have a little girl we've had pee in some funny places!

[email protected]
    April 8, 2011 at 2:02 pm

Too funny, we had the very same experience, but out sofa was old and on it's last leg. But it happened again and again, my little charmer told me he loved the sound that it made, LOL!!!

Maria-Isabel @ Agape Love Designs
    April 8, 2011 at 2:43 pm

One morning I woke up to a strange sound. I go to find out what it is. I walk into the hallway and look into my sons room to see him standing on his dresser completely naked and aiming his pee at a pile of toys!

Life In The Thrifty Lane
    April 8, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Lately I have to deal with that same problem often!!! And not only that…!!!!

Dani
    April 8, 2011 at 3:06 pm

Girl… I am THAT mama too!

This would be great on my new BLUE PLATE SPECIAL linky. I will be feAturing first 5 to link up today!

Great weekend!
    Dani

nicole.
    April 8, 2011 at 3:15 pm

o.m.g.

Amy @ A Little Nosh
    April 8, 2011 at 3:34 pm

Uh oh! Time for a slipcover!

kate
    April 8, 2011 at 3:56 pm

haha! yep. pee happens.

Kristine
    April 8, 2011 at 4:14 pm

OMGoodness Ashley! That's too funny!! When we found out M was going to be a girl everyone was like "you wont get peed on." Flash forward to changing M's diapers… the girls pees UP! Like literally UP! Yeah she sure showed us them 😉

Lexie Loo & Dylan Too
    April 8, 2011 at 4:41 pm

LOL! What a little stinker!

Lexie Loo & Dylan Too
    April 8, 2011 at 4:41 pm

LOL! What a little stinker!

AMY
    April 8, 2011 at 10:07 pm

OH NO……LOL!
    Gotta love little boys and potty training!
    UGH…..hope it comes clean for you!

Dana
    April 8, 2011 at 11:29 pm

LOL and this is just the beginning!! My son has peed on everything and now, even though he is close to 4, he loves peeing out in the front yard for all the neighbors to see. It's lovely. And I can't catch him fast enough.

sasha
    April 9, 2011 at 8:01 pm

Great Blog! I am now following. I hope you will stop by my blog, stay a while and follow back 😉

Inessa

Erin
    April 9, 2011 at 8:55 pm

I so feel ya girl! Hope that is a removable/washable slipcover! lol

This is exactly why mine is microfiber + stain treated!

Sundresses and Smiles
    April 10, 2011 at 2:03 am

bahaha, thanks for making me laugh– sorry you had to clean up though! it looks like you can just take off the covers though and wash it easily?? I hope so!

Katie
    April 11, 2011 at 12:47 am

I have the same couch and the same stains although mine are red wine I can't blame the dog. We don't have one 🙁

Discount Louis Vuitton Handbag
    August 15, 2011 at 6:43 pm

This is a Mulberry Handbags outlet, you can find thousands of collection, including Mulberry Alexa Bag, Mulberry Antony Bag, Mulberry Bayswater Bag, Mulberry Briefcase, Mulberry Clutch, Mulberry Handbags, Mulberry Hobo Bag, Mulberry Holdall, Mulberry Messenger Bag, Mulberry Shoulder Bag, Mulberry Totes.

Louis Vuitton Handbags
    August 24, 2011 at 11:16 am

Great bag! What a deal! A+

timberland boots for kids
    August 25, 2011 at 6:56 pm

Great seller, item arrived quickly and was in perfect condition~

HERVE LEGER
    March 30, 2020 at 12:01 pm

So we love to add movement Beer Costume with these bands that emulate fringe,