live

The Art of Taking an Impromtu Family Portrait {with toddlers}

We tried,
we really did…
And yes, my child is the only one bouncing off the walls in every picture.

And for those of you who watch Modern Family,
you know why these are the best kind of family portraits.
And now, the cousins {two missing}.
These kiddos make me proud.

And on a smiliar note,
have you ever visited AwkwardFamilyPhotos.com?
Ha-Lar-Eee-Us!

Emily - faliLV
    February 27, 2011 at 7:12 am

HAHA That is super funny! But honestly – those are great pictures – I would probably pick 2-3 and put them in a multi-frame! Ahhh life with toddlers – and I bet your parents are loving it!!

Heather
    February 27, 2011 at 7:21 am

I LOVE these pictures! They make me ridiculously happy. So adorable! Pictures like these are the best.

emerson-j
    February 27, 2011 at 9:52 am

made me laugh!! your wee man looks like the wee girl behind you in the first photos..my 3 yr old is going through the huge fake smile thing so everything looks cheesy..

Natalia Lynn
    February 27, 2011 at 10:33 am

Oh my goodness, funny! Also, that funny family photos website is hilarious! Awesome!

Megan Darling
    February 27, 2011 at 12:18 pm

All the pictures are too awesome! My favorite family photos are the ones like these where they're not perfect at all but they're just right 😉

Tiffany
    February 27, 2011 at 12:52 pm

Hahaha LOVE Modern Family!! You've got some precious kids in your family!

Lisa
    February 27, 2011 at 12:54 pm

Your family photos are priceless! I have found over the years that the photos that bring the most joy are the ones that are imperfect. The crazy faces, expressions, little ones trying to escape – they just make the photos!

You have a beautiful family!

Mandi @ make it dear
    February 27, 2011 at 1:21 pm

those are great shots, i noticed all of the kids are being held on to! smart 😉

H is for Hillman
    February 27, 2011 at 2:16 pm

love how your husband looks the exact same in each photo, happy and smiling and there you are trying to wrangle your son! Lol, too funny and super cute!

Mallory
    February 27, 2011 at 2:52 pm

HAHA! I loved that episode of Modern Family!

Your pictures are fun even if they are not "pefect". I think they are more fun with a bit of character!

Jbenz
    February 27, 2011 at 3:29 pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has to take several (like 10 or more) tries for a family portrait… our clan is crazy and either is talking, blinking, sneezing, waving, yelling… etc during the photo. even though I put it on the tripod and there is the handy dandy ten second countdown… people (i.e. my dad) still don't understand when it's blinking faster, it's going to take the photo!!!! and I absolutely love the awkward family photo site, definitely super hilarious 😀 Have a happy Sunday!
    -JBenz

Ashley
    February 27, 2011 at 4:20 pm

These are best kind of pictures (in my opinion) they capture the realness…and taking pics with toddlers is hilarious, sometimes struggle hahaha…Happy Sunday to ya! Xoxoxo

Scribble Scrabble
    February 27, 2011 at 4:26 pm

Love the pictures. I'd take them over a stuffy posed perfect picture any day!
    Happy Sunday Funday!

Carmen
    February 27, 2011 at 4:49 pm

I love how your husband's face does not change in any of the shots! Great photos, looks like fun!

Sarah @ The Bird's Papaya
    February 27, 2011 at 6:21 pm

this is awesome. I love the parents going from super into it, to "okay we're done".
    ALSO LOVE akwardfamilyphotos.com! SOoooo funny.
    Almost as funny as http://www.damnyouautocorrect.com (SOOO FREAKING FUNNY!)

Romance In A Glance
    February 27, 2011 at 6:24 pm

These are actually some really great pictures! i love how you are looking at your hubs in the second one!

They are all very candid…I like that! Beautiful family, made me miss mine!

~Romantic Savy
    Would love to have you over at my blog!

mstalcup
    February 27, 2011 at 6:28 pm

Those are fabulous pictures! Your hubs looks the exact same in the first three pics. LoL! I love them all! You have an awesome family, everyone is so stinking cute!

Lindsi
    February 27, 2011 at 7:00 pm

Oh how I Love 'Modern Family'!
    You'r family photos turned out GREAT! 🙂

Justine
    February 27, 2011 at 7:34 pm

I guess now you can try that family picture cropping that I see on tv commercials =P

In the last family portrait, where your tot is on his belly on your lap, the other baby is like "what are you doing?" LOL! I love family portraits. Maybe when he's older…lol

Just Better Together

JessI J.
    February 27, 2011 at 9:38 pm

Oh Ashley… the cuteness of the kids… awww!

Claire
    February 28, 2011 at 1:55 am

I totally feel your pain re: family photos. The worst is when you try to take photos of grandparents and kids and the grandparents keep looking at the kids telling them to look at the camera then the kids smile but the grandparents aren't looking! That's my fave. Ayayay!

Ashley
    February 28, 2011 at 2:39 am

These are all so cute!!

I love Awkward Family Photos too! So funny!

Jayna Rae
    February 28, 2011 at 5:53 am

I love it!!!! They're fun photos. Baby W looks like he is quite energetic. Isn't that the best though? That's how my monster is, and we love it!!!!

Stacey
    February 28, 2011 at 7:16 am

Love it!
    I'm your newest follower!

Stopping by from:
    &

I hope you will follow me back 🙂
    I have some great giveaways going right now!

Joelle
    February 28, 2011 at 2:21 pm

adorable! .. I LOVE the family photos… I cannot get a good one to save my life..

Jenny! {www.alongthelei.blogspot.com}
    February 28, 2011 at 4:48 pm

TOOOOO CUTE!!! LOL i love your composure through each picture its great…lol Gotta love those moments!!

OH AND I ORDERED YOUR HAPPY RING AND AI GOT IT!!!!! IM SO EXCITED!!!! I will def feature it in my blog!!! I just dont want to open it until I can take pictures 🙂 (savoring the moment) and well I can't be a model without looking good for the camera lol!!!

LOVE YOUR ETSY SHOP!!!! Best of success to you always!!!

Sanwanya
    February 28, 2011 at 5:26 pm

Love the pictures sometimes(most)times pictures like these are the best!
    thanks for sharing!
    ♥sanwanya

Heather
    February 28, 2011 at 5:49 pm

When I first saw the first couple of pictures, I thought of Modern Family, then I went down farther. Too funny. Love the pictures and I am sure you will love the memories that they have created for your family.

Nina @ Momma Go Round
    February 28, 2011 at 7:15 pm

Can we talk about how it's obviously been too many weeks since I've seen W cause he has some SERIOUS hair going on now. Dang, I love that kid!

Blooming Mommy
    February 28, 2011 at 11:14 pm

I LOVE the family pictures!!! Isn't that so true when you take pictures with all the family??? LOVE IT!!!!

Lexie Loo & Dylan Too
    March 1, 2011 at 1:39 am

I think they're great pictures!

Lexie Loo & Dylan Too
    March 1, 2011 at 1:39 am

I think they're great pictures!

Jessica
    March 1, 2011 at 2:53 am

BAhahahahaha! This is so funny!! This happens every time we try too…and similarly, it is my son Lofton who is always bouncing off the walls!

Heather :: AFD Jewelry ::
    March 2, 2011 at 4:17 am

He is SO stinking cute!

Life with the Websters!
    March 2, 2011 at 4:12 pm

I think your family portraits are perfect!

I love awkwardfamilyphotos.com! I laugh histerically every single tim I see the pictures {even if it's for the 58th time}!

Franklin Fam
    March 3, 2011 at 3:06 am

Use to go to playgroups with your Sis-in-law… OH, Cheyenne I miss you! 🙁

hotpants™
    March 3, 2011 at 3:12 am

Outtakes make some of the best pictures.

I don't get people who don't watch Modern Family. It's the bestest ever.

Best family pictures
    August 18, 2011 at 7:31 am

[…] Little Miss Momma: The Art of Taking an Impromtu Family Portrait … Feb 26, 2011 … you know why these are the best kind of family portraits. And now, the cousins { two missing}. … […]

HERVE LEGER
    March 31, 2020 at 8:57 pm

So we love to add movement Beer Costume with these bands that emulate fringe,