craft

Pom Pom Necklace and Headband Link Partaaaay

I Wanna See Your Pom Pom’s
{link up your projects at the end of this post}
I like to party.
You like to party.
Why not party together?
Shall we?!
A Pom Pom Party to be exact!
I want to see what you’ve made using the Pom Pom Necklace tutorial or the Headband tutorial.
The other night I had the girlies from my Church Young Women’s group over to my humble abode, and we had a blast making tons of these little pretties.

We had lots of yummy junk food,

Got creative with our fabric selections,

Made a mess,

And I even came up with a new accessory using the pom pom tutorial,
a mini pom pom ring!
Now it’s your turn, show me your Pom Pom awesomeness!
And be sure to link back to this post so others can join the party!

Theresa
    January 15, 2011 at 7:24 am

Yay!!! I'm first!! I'm never first!
    This is a great party…thanks for hosting!
    Cheers!
    Theresa

Lesley
    January 15, 2011 at 7:56 am

The pom poms and rosettes are an obsession in my house! We are making pom pom curtains this weekend!
    We ♥ U!

Jennifer
    January 15, 2011 at 8:13 am

I love your cute ring, I have a gold chain that needs some gussying up, one of these pom pom flowers would be perfect! oh, and thanks for the lovely comment on my blog…you're so dang awesome if we lived closer I would probably stalk you in real life and not just on your blog. 😉 j/k

Aretusa
    January 15, 2011 at 10:55 am

Your blog is wonderful.
    I become your follower and add you in my blog's list of favourites..

Val
    January 15, 2011 at 11:42 am

This is some serious cuteness!!! I just noticed your comment on my blog and was floored that we live in the same city!!! I don't know why but, I just saw that comment today!! If you are ever near Dos Vientos, stop by for a cup of coffee/tea. Happy Saturday!!

Ali Rockwell
    January 15, 2011 at 11:59 am

super cuter!! I LOVE the little pom pom ring… what a fun pom pom-y party!

Katie
    January 15, 2011 at 12:52 pm

Haha..I meant pom pom necklace! I blame the typos on getting up with a baby who likes to wake up at 5 in the morning! 😛

Jessica
    January 15, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Oh my that looks like so much fun! The necklace is still on my to make list…I love it!

How cool of you to have them over for that! 🙂

Sanja
    January 15, 2011 at 2:30 pm

Obožavam pompone i zbog toga mi je ova tvoja ideja super! Sviđaju mi se ogrlice sa preslatkim ružicama :)))
    Odlično!!!

Michelle From Life Buy The Beach
    January 15, 2011 at 4:16 pm

too cute and I just love that shirt.

kate
    January 15, 2011 at 4:56 pm

Thanks for hosting this Ashley! I just made some last night with a little variation but I'm not sure I would have had the courage to post it without a good excuse!

Dominique from Craft Couture
    January 15, 2011 at 5:29 pm

thank you for letting me know about this! :). Love it!

Nichole E
    January 15, 2011 at 5:35 pm

I loved this tutorial!!! I have made 3 necklaces in the past 2 days 😀 I am going to try the headband and ring today!!! Thanks for sharing, and having this link party!! <3 ya LMM!!

Dani
    January 15, 2011 at 7:48 pm

We just did this Tuesday night because I seen your tutorial wish I took pics the girls necklaces turned out beautimous! and….they decided to make rings and hair things to match so freakin' cute!!! THANKS!!!

Ashley
    January 15, 2011 at 7:51 pm

SO freaken cute!!! Thanks for sharing 🙂 I love the ring!!!

Kandy
    January 15, 2011 at 8:21 pm

Ooooooo… I have just recently started making these fantabulous little cuties!! I make them into Vintage Styel hair accessories and broaches!!! Love, love, love this post and what you are doing with your little "pom poms" … Thanks for more inspiriation!!

Alexandra and Benjamin
    January 15, 2011 at 9:16 pm

Love your blog, store, and this tutorial. Yay! Hope it's okay if I do this with our YW next month. We might even sell some at our youth auction to pay for EFY & girls camp. Yayayayayayayayay! Your guy is so cute too. Um, now it sounds like I'm an online stalker. But no worries, I'm not. Thanks, thanks, thanks for posting this tutorial!

Jenny!
    January 15, 2011 at 11:44 pm

Very great idea!!! What a wonderful way to bring people together…especially when it comes to females and church groups…thats beautiful! 🙂

Thanks for the idea and motivation!

Liberty
    January 16, 2011 at 12:34 am

Thanks for the party; I'm all linked up!! I had a great day with my daughter making necklaces. 🙂

Anonymous
    January 16, 2011 at 3:19 am

These are NOT pom poms, FYI.

The Zeediks
    January 16, 2011 at 6:50 am

Isn't that funny that commenter #21, (who prefers to remain unnamed) is feeling a little bent out of shape that you named this creation of yours and she doesn't feel like that name fits. Maybe she is the cheerleader who actually invented the name pom pom? Or maybe she wants you to change the name now that she, the expert, has informed you that you've wrongfully labeled them. Or maybe she just plain wants you to feel bad. Or maybe she wants you to panic and quickly google the word pom pom, or flowers similar to yours so that you can see that others have not named them pom poms or that the pom pom definition does not have a picture of your flower next to it. Hahaha. I am having so much fun trying to understand this!
    Anyway, you name these little beaut's anything you want.
    ps I really want a pom pom ring. Can you teach me? Or better yet, make me one in all your spare time? I'll buy it 🙂

Brooke Anna
    January 16, 2011 at 6:59 am

Are those Dollar Tree headbands I see?
    I love Dollar Tree, if their not I still love Dollar Tree (though I wish my local one would be a great as my home-town one…)
    mommydoes…

beth joy
    January 16, 2011 at 7:33 am

soooo much fun!
    thanks for doing this.
    i love creeping on others masterpieces!

Everwys
    January 16, 2011 at 6:20 pm

Thanks for finding me! I linked up just now, and I'll put myself on my blog too, I had other requests to see it on! Great ideas, keep them coming! 🙂

syllatham
    January 16, 2011 at 10:20 pm

Thanks so much for the great idea! After I made myself a Pom Pom necklace all the girls at work said that we had to have a Pom Pom party so that they could make their own. So were planning our own pom pom party soon.

Jamie~
    January 17, 2011 at 12:58 am

Since I started following your blog last week, I've been coming up with all sorts of ideas for pom poms! I made my daughter a pom pom hair barrette and we both loved it. (unfortunately, she lost it that same night, but that's a different story) Thanks for your inspiration. I think I'm ready to try a necklace next!

I'm Stephanie
    January 17, 2011 at 6:38 pm

I didn't get a chance to make one in time, but I've loved going through them. I have to give my hat off to #10 (I believe), the vintage-y, over the top pom pom headband. That one was great. So creative.

PeaceLoveApplesauce
    January 17, 2011 at 8:37 pm

Super fun… very cute!!

Let's take a coffee break
    January 20, 2011 at 3:51 am

Thanks for the tutorial! I joined in on all the party fun and posted my pom pom bib necklace.

-Angelica

Daphne G
    August 12, 2011 at 12:43 am

Here is my project- thanks for being so wonderfully detailed so us less than crafty ladies can follow along!

Allison
    September 1, 2011 at 1:03 am

These necklaces are wonderful! I can’t wait to get started. Only problem…I can’t for the life of me figure out how to find the tutorial! I only see the pictures. Please help!

C Mae
    September 5, 2011 at 6:19 pm

Ashley, where is your striped shirt from? Love it!

Sewing Princess
    September 11, 2011 at 3:24 pm

Finally I made this fab necklace

Jerrod
    March 24, 2014 at 8:03 pm

I enjoy what you guys are up too. This type of clever work and coverage!
    Keep up the fantastic works guys I’ve included you guys to blogroll.

telecharger photofiltre
    March 26, 2014 at 2:30 am

Can I simply just say what a relief to discover a person that genuinely understands what they are talking about online.

You certainly understand how to bring an issue to
    light and make it important. More people must read this and understand this
    side of the story. I can’t believe you’re not more popular given that you certainly possess the gift.

mitsubishi klima
    October 7, 2015 at 7:36 pm

Thanks for bringing us backstage and for sharing the steps on how to get them!

Credo Blog
    September 17, 2016 at 9:12 pm

Miss Me Pom Pom

[…] sitive review, but if I like the product and think my readers will too – I often […]

HERVE LEGER
    April 1, 2020 at 8:11 pm

can be especially difficult to achieve with a knit because they’re all Herve Leger Bandage Dress going to be formed to the body.