craft

Locket Ring Tutorial {and then some extra goodies}

Locket Ring Tutorial and other DIY Rings
I went to Michael’s {my home away from home} today with no clue what I would be getting for my next project.  I decided to would wait for inspiration as I walked the isles.  As soon as I hit the jewelry isle I was “inspired” to create this Locket Ring Tutorial.
I love lockets,
and I love rings,
so whats not to love about a locket ring?!
And then I couldn’t help but throw a few extra goodies in my cart to create a whole family of fun statement rings to share with you!
Let’s get started.
Here’s what you will need:
Blank ring bases {purchased at Michael’s in the jewelry isle,
see package in above picture}
Any fun jewelry embellishments/locket you want to use on your rings {try Michaels, or any thrift store}
A picture of your favorite person to go inside your locket
Glue gun and hot glue
Scissors
Pencil
I am the world’s worst tracer and cutter, so I did the best I could, and when the picture didn’t fit perfectly in the locket I just glue gunned it into place.
Disregard my janky cutting job.
I used hot glue, but you may want to try other forms of glue {i.e. crazy glue, something water proof, etc} to make your ring more secure.
Be sure to press your locket and ring base together after glueing.  I suggest holding it in placce for about a minute.
And there you have it!
Too cute, right.
Open it up and you get a sneak peek at infant Baby W.
And now on to the extra goodies:
Here are the “extra” ring embellishments I picked up {at Michael’s}
{Plaque Ring}
{Smaller Locket Ring}
The complete line-up of ring awesomeness:
*Stay tuned for a future post on how to package up these rings in a super cute way so that you can give them as gifts*
{aka: where I link my projects}, click the link above.
Happy Crafting!

SocksAndMittens
    June 2, 2010 at 1:22 pm

Lovely post – thank you so much for the tutorial!

Love Stitched
    June 2, 2010 at 1:27 pm

cute rings… <3 it!

~*Jess*~
    June 2, 2010 at 3:09 pm

Those are fab! I need to start printing these out and head to Michael's!

Alycia (Crowley Party)
    June 2, 2010 at 3:21 pm

very very very cute Idea!

Amanda @ Serenity Now
    June 2, 2010 at 5:27 pm

Those are adorable!! Love this idea. 🙂 Would be great for Christmas gifts!!!

Miss Anne
    June 2, 2010 at 8:41 pm

I love this idea.
    So precious/trendy/fun!
    Thanks for the tutorial!

Laurie
    June 2, 2010 at 11:26 pm

I am ♥ing your locket ring! What a cute blog you have as well. I'd love for you to come see me at Scene of the Grime – I'm giving away 3 super glammy Sam Moon cuff bracelets and they're perfect summer accessories! Here's the blog addy:

Have a wonderful evening! ♥Laurie

Nevaeh
    June 3, 2010 at 2:46 am

These are so cute and I already know a few people to make them for as gifts, Thank You

Charlene Austin
    June 3, 2010 at 5:15 am

Too cute is right!! I have a ton of ring blanks that I have done nothing with!! Woohoo….thanks for such a great idea. Can't wait to find some fun stuff in my craft room and make some of these!

Justine
    June 3, 2010 at 6:24 am

super cute rings!

Theresa
    March 4, 2011 at 5:24 am

I just did a few alterations and made my own rings! Thank you so much for your post & tutorial!

I found the ring w/ pad at Hobby Lobby (so now I know I can get them from two stores). Instead of the hot glue I bought Jewlery & Metal Glue from Hobby Lobby for just under $5 (and it was on sale too)!

Again, thanks so much! I am so happy to have just discovered your blog last week. 😀

-T

Theresa
    March 5, 2011 at 5:09 pm

to go with the above… my friend 'The Girl Creative' suggested I blog my first tutorial. So I have been working hard on getting my blog set up. Posted the tutorial early this am… Not sure if I did it properly, but I cited you for my inspiration and wanted to let you know. Thank you so much!

<3 T

KW
    April 14, 2011 at 7:52 pm

Loved the results of this simple, sweet project! Here are mine, if'n you want to see…

Baby Food Jar Project {DIY Gift Packaging} - craft - Little Miss Momma
    September 23, 2012 at 4:52 pm

[…] DIY Gift Packaging aka Re-Purpose Baby Food Jars Last week I posted a tutorial on how to make your own statement rings, locket rings, etc. And as promised, I have included a how-to for some adorable and cheap gift packaging for your […]

ifyougotitpleasekeepthattoyourself
    May 13, 2014 at 9:06 am

hot glue? oh come on!

what about enameling the picture for water proofing?