craft

DIY Striped Baby Gift

It’s the 10th of the month and we are excited to have our group back together for another blog hop. This month the theme is STRIPES and we just know you are going to love each and every one of these projects.  We’d love for you to pin our collage below, check out our DIY Striped Baby Onesie and then go see all the other fabulous projects by some of our friends! Check out our past projects here.

To see each fantastic Striped Project up close, join the Blog Hop!

1 • Eighteen25 sharing a Be Amazing Striped Print
2 • Landee See Landee Do sharing DIY Striped Towel Hooks
3 • Lolly Jane sharing a Distressed Striped Wall Letter
4 • Little Miss Momma sharing a DIY Striped Baby Gift
5 • Or So She Says sharing a Stripes & Dot Birthday Banner Printable
6 • Six Sisters Stuff sharing a No Bake Éclair Cake
7 • Simply Kierste sharing her Library Books Crate
8 • Thirty Handmade Days sharing a Dirty Diet Coke Kit
9 • Your Homebased Mom sharing a DIY Anthro Inspired Red & White Striped Tablecloth
10 • Capturing Joy sharing a French Mille Feuille Recipe

And now, on to my project:

DIYstripedbabyonesie

I have a dear friend who is pregnant with her first baby right now–a sweet baby girl. And because one of the things that helped me get through my tough pregnancy were thoughtful tokens of love from my friends, I thought I would put together a little surprise gift for my pal. This project is super quick, fun and the possibilities are endless. It would also make a great “station” at a baby shower–for guests to design their own onesies for the new baby.

01-DSC_0120

I didn’t have painters tape, so I used some washi tape I had on hand to tape off my stripes.  And then I pulled out some of my favorite Martha Stewart colors.  I’m sure fabric paint would be a better option, but the color selections aren’t as good and I figure the new baby will only wear this onesie once before growing out of it anyway.

02-DSC_0122
Make sure to place a piece of cardboard in between the fabric pieces so that the paint doesn’t bleed through.

03-DSC_0125

I used some scrap wood I had to tape down the onesie so it didn’t move around while I painted.

04-DSC_0130

05-DSC_0132

06-DSC_0134

07-DSC_0136

09-DSC_0140

I made a second onesie and decided to add a pink stripe on the sleeve to girl-it-up a bit.

10-DSC_0145

Next, I started on a small muslin gift bag to package the onesie.  I followed the same process to create the stripes.

12-DSC_0151

13-DSC_0153

14-DSC_0160

You can find muslin pouches like this here on etsy.

18-DSC_0185

17-DSC_0182

Full shot

Leigh [email protected]
    July 10, 2013 at 2:11 pm

What new mom wouldn’t absolutely love this darling little onesie! So cute.

Stripes & Dots Birthday Banner Free Printable! - Or so she says...
    July 10, 2013 at 2:18 pm

[…] Hooks 3 • Lolly Jane sharing a Distressed Striped Wall Letter 4 • Little Miss Momma sharing a DIY Striped Baby Gift 5 • Or So She Says sharing a Stripes & Dot Birthday Banner Printable 6 • Six Sisters Stuff […]

Candice williams
    July 10, 2013 at 2:24 pm

Omg that onesie is to die for cute!

DIY Anthro Inspired Red and White Striped Tablecloth - your homebased mom
    July 10, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Jessica Humrich
    July 10, 2013 at 2:37 pm

Adorable! Thanks for sharing!

French Mille Feuille Dessert Recipe
    July 10, 2013 at 2:58 pm

Mariel @ Or so she says...
    July 10, 2013 at 3:02 pm

What a clever idea! I love it. Great gift!

capturing joy with kristen duke
    July 10, 2013 at 3:06 pm

You crafty girl! This is adorable;)

No Bake Eclair Cake | Six Sisters' Stuff
    July 10, 2013 at 3:37 pm

[…] 3 • Lolly Jane sharing a Distressed Striped Wall Letter 4 • Little Miss Momma sharing a DIY Striped Baby Gift 5 • Or So She Says sharing a Stripes & Dot Birthday Banner Printable 6 • Six Sisters […]

Melissa
    July 10, 2013 at 3:55 pm

So adorable! Love that!

esther @ cuteheads
    July 10, 2013 at 4:19 pm

LOVE this DIY!!

Mique
    July 10, 2013 at 6:49 pm

Hello smartest girl ever to use washi tape to paint this cute gift. LOVE it! The stripes, the colors, the whole shebang (yes, I just wrote shebang). So fun! Can’t wait to make a set for a baby gift- we’ve had 7 babies born in our ward so far this year. 😉 xoxo

Lolly Jane
      July 11, 2013 at 1:27 am

7 babies in your ward, Mique?? We’ve had FOUR new nieces born in 6 months…we will be copying, copying, copying, copying this, Ashley! Stinkin cute, washi is brill. Love the colors & the glitter!

Simply Kierste
    July 11, 2013 at 2:32 am

I’m in love with this idea, especially the matching bag! Darling!!!

Em @ And Nothing Else Matters
    July 13, 2013 at 2:49 am

Such a cute idea! I have a stack of plain white onesies that CJ never wears, I think I need to cute them up a bit.

Jessica
    July 15, 2013 at 6:11 pm

I love this onesie oh so very much.

Adrienne Penrod
    August 6, 2013 at 8:32 pm

Super cute! If you want the paint to be more flexible, try adding textile medium to it (also sold at Michael’s or whatever craft store). Turns any paint into at least a quasi fabric paint.

baby gifts Australia
    September 26, 2013 at 10:57 am

I love everything stripped..specially clothes. These striped baby gifts are too good. I loved them and got great gifting ideas. You have came up with a very useful post!

DIY Striped Towel Hooks
    September 27, 2013 at 4:00 am

[…] Hooks3 • Lolly Jane sharing a Distressed Striped Wall Letter4 • Little Miss Momma sharing a DIY Striped Baby Gift5 • Or So She Says sharing a Stripes & Dot Birthday Banner Printable6 • Six Sisters Stuff […]

Distressed striped wall letter
    October 17, 2013 at 12:37 pm

Lory
    October 22, 2013 at 5:37 am

Thank you for sharing this lovely project!
    Kisses from Spain, Lory

gift for her
    June 16, 2014 at 6:01 pm

It is a well-worn idea which gave rise to a lot of beautiful and inspiring stories of communication more than a distance.
    According to Chrissie Wildwood’s The Bloomsbury Encyclopedia
    of Aromatherapy, soap disturbs the effectiveness in the Epsom salt and will block the elimination of toxins from the body.

Give it for your sweetie while together in a very romantic setting, or
    leave it hidden as a surprise.

DIY Baby Onesie - Behind Blue Eyes Blog
    June 25, 2014 at 7:37 am

[…] by Little Miss Momma’s Striped Onesie, I decided to create some for a friend who is due to have a baby boy in a few […]

Luba
    July 9, 2014 at 1:57 pm

I love what you did with the onesies!! great job! 🙂
    can you please tell me where did you get the blue and gray onesies?

kid playroom
    October 9, 2014 at 1:56 pm

Hi every one, here every person is sharing these kinds of experience, thus it’s fastidious to read this
    web site, and I used to go to see this website all the time.

www.finewinegiftbasket.com
    October 13, 2014 at 9:56 am

When someone writes an paragraph he/she retains the image of a user in his/her mind that how a
    user can be aware off it. Therefore that’s why this post is great.
    Thanks!