craft

How to Make a Coffee Filter Wreath

Post by Michelle {Little Miss Momma’s Momma}

Ashers has been begging me to make her one of these for so long, and now she has one.
You may remember the lampshade I made her a few days ago, well I had lots of coffee filters left over so I decided to make her a fun wreath to match.  I’ve seen a bunch of these wreaths on pinterest, and I knew it would be fairly simple to make.

It’s so easy. This is all you need:
Styrofoam wreath (white)- Michael’s 12.99
glue gun and glue sticks
coffee filters, 2 packages Dollar tree
thick Sharpie with rounded tip (to avoid burns and help stick/push into the styrofoam)

1.  place the tip of the sharpie at the center of a coffee filter
2. gently wrap one coffee filter around the sharpie
3.  apply hot glue to the tip of the coffee filter
4.  holding the sharpie firmly, place the glued tip of the coffee filter into the styrofoam, hold for 3 seconds then remove the sharpie
5.  Repeat 300-375 more times
TIPS:
Place the filters as close together as possible
You may want to purchase special styrofoam hot glue. I used regular hot glue though.
Use a white styrofoam wreath so that it doesn’t show through.
Try not to put the filters to close to the edge of the inside circle of the wreath or it will not sit flush against the door.
I added a white ribbon to the back for easy hanging, if you don’t want a ribbon you can just attach the styrofoam directly to a nail.

Happy Crafting,

LMM’s Momma-Michelle

Sabrina
    September 5, 2011 at 5:09 am

Really cute!! I’ll have to try that for the Shabby Chic spare bedroom I have. Maybe hang it on the inside of the door. Thanks for the idea!

Erika @ Oops! I Craft My Pants
    September 5, 2011 at 5:38 am

Oh my goodness, I LOVE IT. That’s seriously genius to use to sharpie with the circle thing at the top.

Also, confession time.
    You’re my bloggy girl crush. There. Now it’s out in the open. I told my husband, and he said it’s okay that I want to BE you, because you make great things and you’re an awesome writer. How’s that for a stamp of approval?

Anna @ The Guiltless Life
    September 5, 2011 at 5:42 am

Such a chic and simple idea! I love your idea of hanging it in the shabby chic spare bedroom on the inside of the door, Sabrina. Thanks to Michelle for such a great post!

Mindy Harris
    September 5, 2011 at 5:50 am

it looks awesome! i love the little miss momma blog! i want to be successful like her one day.i am going to copy the wreath idear.

Summer @ Made By Munchie's Mama
    September 5, 2011 at 6:36 am

This is so cute! I am totally going to make one for christmas! Thanks for sharing.

Chrissy Boerman
    September 5, 2011 at 12:54 pm

Oh michelle so glad you are back to blogging.. missed you! Love the crafts you have been doing. can’t wait to see your finished home decor makeover you were working on a while back!

Jamie
    September 5, 2011 at 1:16 pm

Cute- and easy!
    And I am loving Ericka’s comment!! LMM is SO loved!

lindsay lee
    September 5, 2011 at 3:56 pm

AWWW I want one! Can Little Miss’s Momma make me one??? LOVE YOU GUYS!!

Ashley
    September 5, 2011 at 7:39 pm

Haven’t been on your blog in a while. Forgot how much I loved it 🙂 Must visit more often!!

ilene
    September 6, 2011 at 1:42 am

are you really little miss momma’s momma?! i love it!
    and this is such a great tutorial – super shabby chic!

Jennifer
    September 6, 2011 at 1:49 am

Love it! I loved the lamp shade a few days ago and after seeing this today I went out and got supplies to make the lamp shade. My 4 year old son says it’s “so girly”. Thanks for the idea!!

Steph
    September 6, 2011 at 4:59 am

I’m so excited to make this!!!! I bought the filters today and will get the styrofoam wreath tomorrow! It’s so pretty! I love it!! Thanks for the idea and how-to!

Erika @ Oops! I Craft My Pants
    September 6, 2011 at 5:57 am

Just realized this post was written by LMM’s Momma. Woops. I suppose I could develop a little bloggy crush on you, too. Only time will tell 🙂

ana {bluebirdkisses}
    September 6, 2011 at 3:38 pm

Hm I posted but it didn’t show up…maybe my comment was sent to the spam folder lol

I love this project! I love how it turned out and it inspired me to think of a fun Halloween project! Dyeing the coffee filtes orange and black …it could look super cool I think!

irene wibowo
    September 7, 2011 at 1:52 am

beautiful! so pretty! 🙂

Love Simple Green

Comeca Jones
    September 7, 2011 at 3:52 am

Too pretty!

Amanda Wagstaff
    September 7, 2011 at 3:53 am

I love this! Is it totally weird that i want to run to the store right now to get the supplies to make this. Hi my name is Amanda and I am a craft addict…..

Suzanne
    September 7, 2011 at 4:49 am

So pretty! I really want to try this myself! We are doing 5 Days of Giveaways on our blog this week if you or any of your readers want to stop by!

Em @ And Nothing Else Matters
    September 7, 2011 at 11:30 pm

Such an awesome idea. I tried a variation with patty cases (I have never used a coffee filter here in Australia!) and thick cardboard for the backing. I love how it turned out.

Kristin
    September 9, 2011 at 5:17 pm

So pretty! Thanks for sharing!

summer
    October 19, 2011 at 5:29 pm

This idea was so beautiful! I wanted to make one but couldn’t find a form at Walmart so I grabbed a couple cones and made candy corns! I linked back to your tutorial. Thanks for the inspiration, it has been a big hit!

Coffee Filter Wreath | Life Lessons from a Shopaholic
    October 20, 2011 at 1:27 am

[…] filters needed. What to do with 100 coffee filters you ask? idk, so I asked Pinterest and found a Coffee Filter Wreath tutorial. Easy enough right – yes, it actually was. It’s really cute and I think I could change […]

Christmas Paper Crafts and Gifts - {TONS of ideas}
    November 23, 2011 at 7:02 pm

[…] them again next year and maybe I’ll add this banner to it this year! Paper Flower Ornament Coffee Filter Wreath Reindeer Candy Bars Modge Podge Photo tiles Composition Notebook Christmas Planner Last year I […]

filter wreath (pin) « All Is Grace
    December 2, 2011 at 4:55 pm

[…] Here’s the tutorial: Coffee Filter Wreath Tutorial. […]

Aimee
    December 3, 2011 at 5:25 am

I am making mine now! I filled a small spray bottle with water and food coloring and am making a Christmas themed wreath with red and green. The only bad thing is that when they get wet they lose some of the crinkled look that I like but they still look good!

Shannon
    December 10, 2011 at 11:02 pm

I have featured your awesome wreath on my Countdown to Christmas and have given you credit.

Great work!

Lorraine Castellon-Rowe
    December 19, 2011 at 5:17 pm

Love this…it’s absolutely gorgeous. Gonna’ try to make one. Love the directions and your tips!! Thank you so much!!

KIm
    January 5, 2012 at 3:52 am

I saw this somewhere a few weeks ago and finally gathered all my supplies and tried it today. Your directions were super easy and it came out great. Thanks for sharing.

Valentine Wreath « creationsbynorma
    January 23, 2012 at 3:09 am

[…] And then I hot glued the filters on the styrofoam. I found the tutorial here. […]

Zion's Studio Photography » Post Topic » Merry Christmas!
    January 30, 2012 at 5:12 pm

[…] I’m definitely one for symmetry. In one of my craft blog roaming sessions, I came across this Coffee Filter Wreath tutorial and loved how it looked, I especially loved how easy it looked! And I was right, very easy […]

Jasmine
    April 10, 2012 at 4:44 pm

I am a wife, mother of 5 and we have a limited budget to say the least. But, Im a thrifty girl and like to dress things up and do what I can to make things nice. I follow your blog and love to get inspired. I got a little emotional looking at your wreath and thinking about all the people that don’t think they have the money to have nice things or make their homes feel warm and inviting. A pack of coffee filter are $1 and foam wreaths are everywhere, too. I feel really proud that there are people, like you, that find and make beauty out of such simple things that everyone can buy and do even on a tight budget. Even if it is one dollar at a time. Love your blog and appreciate your ideas and inspiration.

Jess @ The Colorful Ones
    July 30, 2012 at 2:50 pm

I love how huge and full this looks! Pinning for future reference; thanks! 🙂

Debbie
    October 5, 2012 at 2:11 am

I would like to make this with a group of children aged 8-11…..is there an alternative to using hot glue?

Como fazer uma guirlanda de forminha de papel | Cacareco
    October 8, 2012 at 5:00 pm

[…] e tutorial guirlanda com forminhas de papel por Little Miss […]

Elaine B
    November 1, 2012 at 4:42 am

Thank you so much for the tip of using a magic marker to place the coffee filters evenly. Not as many burns either! Do you trim the wreath so that it is even all around or just let it be?

Get Ready For The Holidays
    November 9, 2012 at 11:11 am

[…] How To Make A Coffee Filter Wreath by Little Miss Momma. This reminds me of when we’d “flower” the flatbeds for parades in high […]

stock market shares
    July 17, 2013 at 6:11 pm

You must understand how the stock market operates prior to investing in it.
    Supply and demand is how the stock market operates.
    The amount of shares of stocks is what makes up
    the supply. The demand is determined by the amount of shares
    that investors are interested in purchasing. Furthermore, be aware that with
    every shared that is bought, there is a person on the other side
    that sells the share.
    __________________________________________________________________________

I love stock market shares

profitable options trading strategies
    August 10, 2013 at 5:22 pm

Thank you for sharing your info. I truly appreciate
    your efforts and I am waiting for your further write ups thanks once again.

Mitchell
    November 5, 2013 at 1:08 pm

Thanks in support of sharing such a pleasant thought, paragraph is nice, thats why i
    have read it entirely

Ernestine
    November 12, 2013 at 7:57 am

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but
    I find this topic to be actually something that I think I
    would never understand. It seems too complex and very broad for me.
    I’m looking forward for your next post, I will try to get
    the hang of it!

Back exercises Dvd
    November 25, 2013 at 9:05 pm

I got this website from my friend who informed me
    about this website and now this time I am visiting this
    website and reading very informative content here.

ยาปลูกผม
    March 28, 2014 at 7:43 pm

Hi mates, good article and good urging commented here, I am
    truly enjoying by these.

доставка сборных грузов из сша
    July 22, 2014 at 11:42 pm

Thanks for any other informative blog. Where else could I get
    that type of info written in such a perfect approach?
    I’ve a undertaking that I am just now working on, and I have been on the glance out for
    such information.

modern coffee maker
    July 31, 2014 at 1:31 am

Everyone loves what you guys are up too. This
    kind of clever work and coverage! Keep up the very good works guys I’ve added you guys to my
    personal blogroll.

play candy crush
    August 10, 2014 at 3:08 am

Heyy I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I
    could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.
    I’ve been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was
    hoping maybe you would have some experience wijth something like this.
    Please let me know if you run intoo anything.
    I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

brazilian Hair products
    August 20, 2014 at 12:01 am

I was suggested this blog through my cousin. I am now not positive whether this post
    is written by means of him as nobody else recognize such exact about my problem.
    You’re incredible! Thanks!

adsense tutorial
    August 26, 2014 at 8:10 pm

Have you ever considered about including a little bit more than just
    your articles? I mean, what you say is valuable and everything.
    However think of if you added some great graphics or video clips to give
    your posts more, “pop”! Your content is excellent but with pics and video clips, this site could
    definitely be one of the most beneficial in its niche.
    Superb blog!

play terraria
    August 28, 2014 at 1:42 pm

Hello i am kavin, its my first time to commenting anyplace, when i read this article i
    thought i could also create comment due to this
    sensible article.

benefits of social media
    September 25, 2014 at 6:39 pm

Hello to all, how is everything, I think every one is getting more from this website, and
    your views are pleasant in favor of new visitors.

Jurgen Crum
    March 14, 2015 at 6:28 pm

Witam,
    bardzo udane miejsce, napewno chętnie odwiedze Cię tu nie raz, bardzo ciekawie piszesz twojego bloga – jest niewątpliwie dużo udani
    Pozdrawiam
    Daria

Adolfo Ragan
    March 15, 2015 at 8:39 pm

Siemka,
    bardzo piękne miejsce, napewno chętnie odwiedze Cię tu nie raz, bardzo ciekawie piszesz twojego bloga – jest rzeczywiście dużo udani
    Pozdrawiam
    Jowitka

Donna+Zoerner
    June 14, 2015 at 8:13 am

I am definitely going to add this to my list of things to try. I read somewhere that for the base of a wreath that those swimming noodle things can be used, and are a lot cheaper. Idk though since I am totally new to crafting. 🙂 I will pin this. Thanks!

fast proxy list
    June 22, 2017 at 10:38 am

Hi there,I read your blogs named “How to Make a Coffee Filter Wreath – craft – Little Miss Momma” daily.Your writing style is awesome, keep up the good work! And you can look our website about fast proxy list.

themoonatomicc.tumblr.com
    December 15, 2017 at 12:59 am

Having read this I thought it was really informative. I appreciate you spending some time and energy
    to put this informative article together. I once again find myself personally spending way too much time both reading and leaving comments.
    But so what, it was still worthwhile!