live

Dwindling Summer

It’s September.
More than half way through September, in fact.
And is it just me, or has this been the fastest Summer in the history of…ever?
While Fall is by far my favorite season, there is much I will miss about our simple Summer evenings.

Necklace c/o: Soleil Selene, Headband c/o: Just.Lovely.Things
Use the code: LMM15 for 15% OFF at Soleil Selene.
Use the code: misslove for 15% OFF Just.Lovely.Things.

Dwindling summer strolls at dusk with my little family…

wearing nothing but a diaper and t-shirt…

enjoying the fruits of the season…

smelling the fresh scent of blooming flowers…

taking in the moments…

watching the sun set at 8:00 at night…

And yet, despite all your beauty and goodness, dear Summer…
I welcome the smell of rain on the pavement,
glowing pumpkins,
falling leaves,
warm soup,
slippers,
fireplaces,
and of course…
Fall fashion.

What’s your favorite season?

misty
    September 19, 2011 at 7:20 am

Fall is my favorite season, for all the reasons you listed, as well as….football, thanksgiving, coats & jackets, layers, fall colors, dark polish, and scarves!!!!!

Jazmin Miller
    September 19, 2011 at 7:46 am

Fall is so my season!! :o)

♥Jazmin

Sarah
    September 19, 2011 at 10:19 am

Fall is my favorite season for many reasons!! To name some… my birthday, cooler weather, colored leaves, hot drinks, snuggling, warm blankets, crisp mornings… ahh, i can’t wait for it!! {where I live, Fall doesn’t arrive until at least mid-October.}

ana {bluebirdkisses}
    September 19, 2011 at 10:29 am

Fall is 100% my favorite season! I love fall boots, sweaters, tights with dresses, leather jackets, wellies! I’m so excited to watch the leaves change colors. Oh and ofcourse…halloween! is there anything cuter than little babies in halloween costumes?!

Tammy
    September 19, 2011 at 10:32 am

Fall/Autumn isn’t all that exciting here, not much happens except it gets colder. My favourite season is Summer, purely because it is the warmest, and it’s when I get my longest break. I find I have more fun in summer than any other season

Roberta
    September 19, 2011 at 11:16 am

I have recently moved, 8 months ago in fact from Sydney Australia to tropical North Queensland Australia. I now live in a place where there are only two seasons. Hot with humidity; due to rain at night and blaring sun in the day. Or warm weather with slightly cooler nights. We also live in what they call a ‘rain shadow,’ where it only rains in daylight hours about 20 days a year.
    I miss having seasons, wet and dry are not changes of season.
    I miss the first evening walk in autumn, smelling the scent of the first wood fire being lit. I miss cold rainy days where I can curl up inside with a pot of tea, block of chocolate and a good movie. I miss winter coats and boots. I miss waiting for summer days so I can feel breezes on my arms and legs and get into the sun after being covered up for months. I miss being anxious for warmth to go for a swim. I miss watching the world and the way we live and move in our neighborhood change.
    I miss change.
    To some people I sound crazy, but sunlight 340 days a year can be tiring and depressing. There is nothing changing, nothing to look forward to, no lifestyle changes to endure.
    In all of that I love all the seasons for a lot of different reasons. Each brings its own unique way of making my life different.

Pidg
    September 19, 2011 at 12:53 pm

Definitely a Fall person…I live for this season. See I would swear our Summer was 2 years long this year! Of course the humidity is what does me in. They always joke that in NC we don’t have Spring we go straight to Summer….I’m understanding that the longer I live here!

RadiomomRhetoric
    September 19, 2011 at 12:58 pm

Fall definately–I have to agree with the Cool and Crisp comments above! Love it.

Jamie
    September 19, 2011 at 1:12 pm

Favorite seasons: Spring and Fall. Both season bring on beautiful changes. It’s not WAY too hot or WAY too cold. Just lovely really.

Lindsay
    September 19, 2011 at 1:30 pm

SO I have a confession…. I think your amazing photos have convinced me to want to move by the lake now…. 🙂 Neighbors for real this time? I Think so 🙂

Aleyta
    September 19, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Fall for sure! My small town is famous for it’s Pumpkin Festival!

Brooke Anderson
    September 19, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Fall is my second favorite. But winter is my all time favorite. I love sitting on my back porch with a blanket and hot chocolate. The snow is always so beautiful too.

Andrea
    September 19, 2011 at 2:46 pm

I love fall, it is probably my favorite because I do love all the things that make up fall. I love pumpkin patches and apple picking. I love warm days and cooler nights. Bonfires and craft shows! I do love fall fashion too, let’s not forget that one.

However there is something simple and relaxed about Summer that makes it a close second to fall. I will also miss those Summer days. 🙂

ilene
    September 19, 2011 at 3:09 pm

i love summer but i have mad love for fall and can’t wait till it’s fall every day here in the south.

p.s. you look super pretty, friend!

Amanda
    September 19, 2011 at 3:41 pm

LOVE summer and LOVE fall. However, I am a Texan and WE.NEED.RAIN {BAD} So, hoping with the cooler temps and crispy air that fall will bring, rain will arrive also. Love your blog. You are SUCH an inspiration Little Miss Momma! Thank you for being YOU! Come visit me sometime, http://www.redbarncandlecompany.com. Just got my little business blog up and running and have BIG plans for this baby. 🙂
    xo~Amanda

Nicole
    September 19, 2011 at 5:02 pm

Fall. I love boots weather. And the summers here are too hot. There’s no relaxing in the evening unless I want to get eaten by mosquitoes. Fall is definitely better.

Elise
    September 19, 2011 at 5:33 pm

Fall is definitely my favorite season, but we don’t really get much of a fall here in Utah. Tragic.

michelle
      September 20, 2011 at 4:42 am

ohhh yes you do- we just moved to arizona,from utah, where there is NO fall. i will so miss utah’s fall this year! the leaves are beautiful!

Lindsay
    September 19, 2011 at 7:19 pm

Ashley, you are so beautiful! I am a fairly new follower, and I absolutely love your blog. Thanks so much btw for the coupon codes, I am a big just.lovely.things fan, and I’ll definitely be getting a few things today because of your post. Keep up the great work. You inspire me to be a crafty mom like yourself! Thanks again!

Libby
    September 19, 2011 at 7:24 pm

I cant believe that summer is almost over. We haven’t been to the beach one single time and it’s about to get cold! fail on our behalf! and the church in the background of your hubby is where i take the girls i babysit for every week for their catholic classes!

Stephanie @ Figments of a Mom
    September 19, 2011 at 7:39 pm

Without a doubt, Fall!! No humidity, cool nights, crackling fires, red wine, cashmere turtlenecks, snuggling up with a warm blanket and tea. I could spend all year in Fall.

Anna @ The Guiltless Life
    September 19, 2011 at 9:21 pm

I would say summer but I do have an appreciation for fall and winter having grown up in the Cayman Islands, where there is one season all year long (well, we feel the change in seasons but as it is only about a 10-20 degree temperature change from the coldest day of the year to the hottest, it wouldn’t count as a seasonal change by most people’s standards!). So I do appreciate getting to wear a new wardrobe… 🙂

Angela
    September 20, 2011 at 12:34 am

I am so so so excited for fall! Especially the fashion. 🙂 Just wish it would cool off faster and that Southern California had changing leaf colors!

~ Angela
    grahamandangela.blogspot.com

Melanie
    September 20, 2011 at 3:48 am

I LOVE fall! It is such a beautiful season with so many fun holidays! (Plus my Birthday). So it is a good time! Oh and the fashion is great too!

Kim @ Kim's Kreations
    September 20, 2011 at 4:36 am

Summer is my favorite, for sure. However, I LOVE Fall now too. I use to hate it, but I love it now. I love the smells, back to school supplies, pumpkins, pumpkin pie, the holidays, all of it. I am going to embrace the fashion this year! I very much look forward to it!

I wanted to write here and tell you that I gave you a blog-y award on my blog: http://kimbowerskreations.blogspot.com/2011/09/first-feature-and-first-blog-award.html

Also, if you look in the “Blogs I Love” section, you will find your button there. 🙂 Love your blog!

Kensley
    September 20, 2011 at 5:47 am

Forever and ever Summer has been my favorite season until recently. Last year was my first married fall, and I was IN LOVE with all the Halloween decorations along with the pumpkins. This year I have already been to Bath and Body to stalk up on all my fall candles and soaps. Let’s just say that the second you walk into the laundry room it smells like “Creamy Pumpkin” because I’m trying to hide them all from Hub until later this month! He just wouldn’t understand that when it’s on sale I have to buy it! I saved $27.00!! (that just tells you how much I really spent!)

dramaqueensmum
    September 20, 2011 at 7:35 pm

My fave season is Summer. It did fly by. I love Spring too.

cassie
    September 20, 2011 at 10:48 pm

Fall & Winter are by far my favorite seasons. Great pictures!! =D

Jackie
    September 21, 2011 at 12:34 am

i’m a summer girl forever and ever, but i am looking forward to fall this year. it’s always so pretty and i like cozying up in jeans and a sweater and some boots 🙂 and also, my deployed boyfriend comes home in the middle of october, so that can get here fast if it’d like 🙂

Stephanie
    September 21, 2011 at 2:47 am

Lil W is SO cute!

brittany @lovestitched
    September 21, 2011 at 1:26 pm

fall is my favorite! I LOVE all the colors and of course the clothes 🙂

Lindsay
    September 21, 2011 at 6:46 pm

I can’t wait for fall! It’s the best season for fashion! 🙂

All That Awaits On Your Tropical North Holiday – Scuba Diving Courses
    September 24, 2011 at 1:58 am

[…] right away. We provide the best variety in cairns hotels that you can find. There are not many places in the world like the region of Tropical North Queensland Australia, as a …e. To begin, the acres are of the amazing Daintree Rainforest, the World Heritage listed property, […]