A Peek into My Living Room

A Look Into Our Living Room
Originally my plan was to show you guys the craft room/office. Except there has been quite a bit of crafting {sewing} going on in that room as of late, so it is hardly picture ready.  So in the meantime, I thought we could take a look through the living room.  This is our version of the “fancy” room {although its not one bit fancy}–the one we don’t sit in as much–the one without the television–the one where I can put my cute pillows with less chance of chewed up goldfish ending up on them.
Some of my favorite handmade pillows.
And guess what?  I am going to put these pillows {and more styles} up in my shop again very soon! Sound good?
Above left to right: my knob collection, my great grandma’s vintage typewriter, burlap crown pillow.
Above left to right: tall white thing from Home Goods, Willow Tree figurines, wire basket and green moss circles were a gift, frame and stand with a picture of the temple from a swap meet years ago.
I got Ben this Christ statue for his “Groom’s” gift the night before we were married {from Deseret Book}. It serves as our constant reminder that He is at the center of our home.
{turquoise bowl: Home Goods}
For those of you who have asked how I keep my couches white with a Tasmanian toddler in the house…bleach baby!  These puppies are slip covers, so any time baby goop becomes visible, I just pop them in the washer and they come out like new.  These couches, chairs and ottoman are from Ikea.
1. c/o Barn Owl Primitives: Family Rules Sign
2. Local Surf Shop frame: recipe with love note written on it from our first date.
3. c/o Modern Bird Studios: hand painted Baby W portrait
4. Home Goods: typography word art that reminds me of Baby W.
5. Old frame that I removed the glass and backing from then spray painted. Heart wings purchased at TJ Maxx years ago.
6. Mod Podge heart made for Baby W by Love Stitched
7. c/o Barn Owl Primitives: Keep Calm and Carry On sign
Not sure which room will come next, I suppose whichever is the most clean when I am ready to take pictures.  If you missed a peek at my kitchen, click HERE.
Ashley Stock
I'm Ashley. Sometimes I craft, occasionally I cook, everyday I write, and I'm always Momma. This is my blog. I keep it real while still seeing the rainbows and butterflies in all of life's lessons.
Ashley Stock
Ashley Stock
Ashley Stock

Latest posts by Ashley Stock (see all)

Ashley Stock

Comments

1. Audrey Crisp says:

Looks great! I love it! How great are those pillows? Love it!

2. So...Look What I Made says:

Beautiful! And I love how peaceful it looks.

3. LaynahRose says:

Gorgeous room, thanks for the inspiration.

4. Comeca Jones says:

Its the cutest of course!

5. The GlamaMama says:

Your living room looks great (as usual!). It looks so fresh, peaceful, and warm! You are such an inspiration! How do you keep your house so picture-friendly? =)

Anyway, I've been an avid follower ever since I stumbled upon your blog. I just wanted to let you know your blog is like a ray of sunshine. Keep it up and God bless. =)

6. I love your living room! I also have white slipcovered furniture from Ikea…I think that means we are brave souls. :)

7. your living room is gorgeous!! i love all the white with the pops of color. fabulous job decorating :)

8. Maeve Rachel says:

I love it! Your house looks so pretty! =)

9. Bluebird Kisses says:

I love this room!! its so beautiful and tranquil. http://www.bluebirdkisses.com

10. rebecca says:

,,,your "fancy" room is lovely,,,the details compliment your style,,,love the pillow made for a "queen",,,(smile)

11. I love your house and your style…come decorate mine?

12. love, kate says:

i love it!!! i am a sucker for all white rooms!!

13. Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk says:

Dang, girl! I love it! It's "funcy" to me. Fancy and fun at the same time. I LOVE YOUR KNOBS. I told a friend last weekend how I wanted to start collecting something… maybe knobs? What made you start collecting those?

14. Romance In A Glance says:

This is gorgeous! You did an excellent job decorating!

15. james @ agirlcalledjames says:

its so beautiful

16. .sarah.marie. says:

O my word i have been looking for fun knobs like those…where did you get them?!?!

17. It's beautiful! Love it! And the photos on the wall are also lovely!

Have a nice day! xo

18. Whatever Dee-Dee wants says:

I love how bright and cheery it is. At first I thought white couches with a toddler, then read that they are skip covers- brilliant!

I think I have the same statue of Christ :)

19. Linda O. says:

i love the bright colored pillow on the sofa. the fabric is perfect for the baby nursery i am almost done with! please do let us know when they are up, especially if this little gem will be in there!
    :-)

20. Amanda M. says:

OOOOH! Love love love this room!

21. your wishcake. says:

Your decorating style is GORGEOUS. I'm in love. :) Can't wait until some of those pillows make it into your etsy shop! Would love to have one of my own…

22. Mommies & Chickadees says:

Super cute! How do you keep your couches so white? I have a white avouch and it looks cream. Bleach simply won't do it.

23. Mommies & Chickadees says:

24. Your room looks so welcoming, but what stands out to me is the knob collection!!!! What a fabulous idea! I lOve cute knobs but am always thinking "what will I put them on" or "those won't match my house" or even "how many different kinds of knobs can one house hold?". You just gave me license to lOve!!! Thanks!! If I can get pinterest to work consider your idea pinned!!!

25. It's so fresh and clean! Love it!

Kudos for keeping that couch so clean! wow!

26. Angela Negron Fulton says:

Your house is beautiful! I wish I could learn to decorate as well. I always have ideas, but you give inspiration! Great job! I'm looking forward to the additional photos! :)

27. Love the glass jar with all the pretty, colorful knobs!

28. Adorable. Love the wall art collage!

29. jamie @ kreyv says:

So white and bright, love it! Thanks for sharing!

30. Stephanie says:

SO bright and beautiful! I wish I had the courage to go white…I fear my husband's mess more than my child : ) HA! Looks really nice! NOW….I WANT CRAFT ROOM PICS!!! please ; )

31. So gorgeous of course. I am like a week behind you on the moving thing and so my new place is still just in the crazy mess stage. Hope to have mine just as adorable as yours!

32. Anto Gillies says:

darling! I love it! makes me wanna change up my entire family room!

33. Carol Alexandre says:

can't wait to see the craft room!!!

34. Your room is great. Love the colors you have used.

35. Oh my goodness it is GORGEOUS. I am in love. It is so….happy! If only I could style my future place like this. It is adorable, glad someone has great style :)

36. OH HOW CUTE!!!!! Can you come decorate my house when you are done!!!
    I love reading your blog and seeing your fabulous ideas!

37. Chelsea says:

ummm…. LOVE it all! thanks for sharing!

38. Alexis Kaye says:

I LOVE hoe clean and beautiful and finished this looks :)

39. How do you like your ikea couches? We tested them out and are undecided. They almost feel not quite deep enough. I know you are not so very tall dudette, but what does your hubby think?

Such a bright and happy theme you got going in this room. Like you should be serving lemon cupcakes and wearing a flower in your hair. And playing happy music. No screamo station in this room. Love it!

40. love your living room!! can i copy it?? seriously adorable

41. I love your white couches! I wish I would have gotten white! Looks so clean and fresh!

42. Shasta Looper says:

Love your style so much that I awarded you the Happy 101 Award!!!

43. Brittany@Love Stitched says:

aaawww LOVE this room and the WHITE theme and feel so special that the star I made for baby W so long ago is till apart of your home – HUNG UP none the less! I can't wait to come down and see it all in person! love you!

44. LaynahRose says:

I adore that keep calm/carry on pillow

45. Your living room looks so calm! Love it

46. Lexie Loo & Dylan Too says:

I love all the white, but whoa, how do you manage with a toddler?!?

47. Lexie Loo & Dylan Too says:

I love all the white, but whoa, how do you manage with a toddler?!?

48. Zsa Zsa says:

3 things I love here: the pillows, the flowers, the frames! Charming living room, Ashley! :)

49. dana @ wonder forest says:

very cute! love your decorating style!
    xo dana
    thewonderforest.com

50. How do you like the Ikea couches and chairs in terms of quality? I always think about getting them purely because of the slipcover thing, but I'm nervous about the quality.

51. Very pretty. What color paint is on your walls!? The ones I try all are turning pink in the light

52. Melissa, The Happier Homemaker says:

Wow! I am truly impressed with the level of white you are able to maintain with a small child, bleach or no bleach! Thanks for sharing!

53. Sinister Soaps says:

I'm loving all the new items in your shop! I've been a silent reader for a while now, but I noticed your giveaway on Tatertots and Jello, so I'm speaking up!

54. hotpants™ says:

I don't know how you can have so much white stuff with a toddler.

55. Brittany says:

Please come decorate my house, I am begging you! There's not one thing I don't like about these pictures. Bravo!

56. As well as price is very cheap, our website always the principle of high quality but lower price. So beautiful high fashion leather goods are no longer a small part of the “patent” and so that everyone can enjoy easily at any time.

57. Very happy with my purchae… thx seller. Will shop again soon!!!!

58. Veronica Carpenter says:

I love it! And I think I would like to start my own knob collection!

59. Company Focuses on Digital Media, Digital marketing collateral Opportunities Moving forward, Adobe will focus its research and development process.
    That’s why Causecast developed a technology platform to help their customers live a healthy lifestyle.

Trackbacks

1. [...] can see my craft room here. My kitchen here. My family room here. Leave a Comment Filed Under: Crafts, DIY, Home [...]

2. [...] Which means I do a lot of laundry around these parts. And I mean a lot. If you’ve seen my furniture (and now knowing how often I wear white button-up shirts), then you can understand why I’m [...]

3. gift Ideas for dads