Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Muffins

Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Muffins
{they will rock your world}
The other day Baby W was a bit under the weather and took an unexpected 2.5 hour nap.  NEVER before has he napped for so long–and I was like a lost puppy circling my house, unsure of what to do with this unexpected free time.
There were a million things I could have done {and should have done} around the house–but instead I decided to make my favorite Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Muffins…Mmmmm Good!
And now I want to share my Top Secret recipe with you.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 or 3 RIPE bananas mashed
2 cups flower
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 to 3/4 cup chocolate chips
1/2 to 3/4 pecans or walnuts
Your muffins will be all the more fabulous if your bananas are super ripe.
Beat the SOFTENED butter and white sugar in a mixing bowl
until light and fluffy.

Add the eggs and mashed bananas and mix well.
Add the flour, baking soda, brown sugar, salt and vanilla and mix until blended.  Add chocolate chips and pecans and stir until well mixed.
Spoon into paper muffin cups and place in a muffin pan.  Fill each muffin about 3/4 full.  Bake at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Don’t be jealous of my ghetto-fabulous oven!
Others call it out-dated, I call it vintage.
And if you too have a vintage oven, you will have to be sure to keep an eye on your muffins to be sure they don’t burn.  Perhaps even lower your temperature to 350 degrees.
Then enjoy their awesomeness.
Add a hunk of butter to enjoy this muffin Little Miss Momma style.
bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Happy Eating!
*Leave me a comment if you have any questions*
5.0 from 9 reviews

• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 tablespoons brown sugar
  • ½ to ¾ cup chocolate chips
  • ½ to ¾ pecans or walnuts
Instructions
  1. Beat the SOFTENED butter and white sugar in a mixing bowl
  2. until light and fluffy.
  3. Add the eggs and mashed bananas and mix well.
  4. Add the flour, baking soda, brown sugar, salt and vanilla and mix until blended. Add chocolate chips and pecans and stir until well mixed.
  5. Spoon into paper muffin cups and place in a muffin pan. Fill each muffin about ¾ full.
  6. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
  7. Remove the muffins from the pan immediately after taking them out of the oven and set them aside to cool for about 15 minutes.
  8. Then enjoy their awesomeness.
Notes
Your muffins will be all the more fabulous if your bananas are super ripe.

If you want to make this recipe as a loaf instead of muffins then spoon batter into a well greased 5 x 9 inch loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Ashley Stock
I'm Ashley. Sometimes I craft, occasionally I cook, everyday I write, and I'm always Momma. This is my blog. I keep it real while still seeing the rainbows and butterflies in all of life's lessons.
Ashley Stock
Ashley Stock
Ashley Stock

Latest posts by Ashley Stock (see all)

Ashley Stock

Comments

1. Lexie Loo & Dylan Too says:

They look delicious!

2. Lexie Loo & Dylan Too says:

They look delicious!

3. penelope perez says:

many thanks!
    I'm from Mexico and was looking for this recipe for a long time, your recipe sounds delicious and very easy, I'll do right now

4. Oh my goodness, those look amazing and I am starving right now so you’re KILLING ME!!!! here! Thanks for sharing, I’ll need to try these.

5. rachel foos says:

you make my mouth water!!!!! yummm

6. I have sad bananas sitting on my counter that have been begging me to turn them into bread for days!! And now, they will have new friends in the form of chocolate chips! He he thanks!

7. YUM. Sounds delish!! I have everything but the chocolate chips. Haha. But only becuz they are my go to snack. 😉

8. oh my gosh, those look so good! I wish I could make them now!

9. I have a cookie recipe similar to this and we love them…we’ll have to give this a try! Thanks!

10. April Dodsworth says:

I have made the muffins and they are the best I have ever had. I have now just made it into the loaf and can’t wait to taste it again! Thanks for the great recipe. It the only one I will make! They do rock your world! 🙂

11. Shasta Tudor says:

I stumbled on this blog while looking for a good banana walnut muffin recipe. I’ve made banana walnut muffins before and they were good but these ones are freaking fantastic!!! My boys ages 5 and 12 even said they were the best ever!! Thank you for sharing!

12. The best! Everyone lucky enough to have a bite loved the muffins.

13. Tried this recipe last night exactly as written and came out perfectly. Thanks for the recipe!!

14. I assume that makes 12 muffins? I tried banana walnut chocolate chip muffin recipe last night and although it had a wonderful flavor, it came out too dry. I will try this recipe although I won’t add as much sugar. I used only 3/4 cup of sugar and they tasted great and still sweet.

15. I made these for my daughter’s birthday for her 2nd grade class. Everyone loved them. One little girl even said these were the best muffins ever. They really were SOOO GOOD. Just delicious. I doubled the recipe and they came out great. I might make them for her end of class party. Thanks for this recipe. Will be making these a lot.

16. Just made these, they taste fantastic! So moist and just enough sweetness. I added a bit more walnuts and chocolate chips to my preference and cut the sugar to around 3/4 of one cup.

17. I made these for my grandson’s 1st Birthday party, they are truly delicious, I did leave the nuts out of course but I think the adults liked them more than the kids. Defiantly making them again soon.

18. I made these today for the second time and everyone loved them! I made it with whole wheat flour and coconut sugar. Thanks for sharing your recipe with us!

19. They look delicious!

20. You ain’t kidding these will rock your world, momma. The only thing better would be eating them with Mick Jagger. I used 1/2 PB chips and 1/2 min cc. I left out the nuts only because of the PB chips. They came out so huge and wonderful with a slight crunchy top and moist interior. This is the only pin I will save for banana cc muffins, all others will be deleted from my board, seriously these are that good. Oh the combinations I’m going to try. Thanks for the great big gobs of goodness.

Trackbacks

1. […] chocolate chip” and I found this recipe for Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Muffins on Little Miss Moma (she has great pics for each step of the directions). I have made these muffins a handful of times […]

2. […] evening snack. I had some too-ripe bananas, so made some banana/pecan/dark chocolate chip muffins (from this recipe, although I used Sucanat instead of white sugar), and Brian made some Pale Vienna decaf. He recently read Jack London’s THE ROAD, an […]