Life live

Playa Del Carmen, Mexico Vacation Part 1

Every November my Mom and Stepdad have taken a trip to Playa Del Carmen.  Over the years, they have fallen in love with the beach, the food and the people. A little over a year ago they packed up and moved to Playa into a dreamy home by the beach.  I was pregnant with Stevie when they moved and I wanted her to get a bit older before we traveled out of the country, so it wasn’t until this summer that we were finally able to take a family trip and experience the magic of Mexico for ourselves.

Much of my ancestry on my Dad’s side is from Mexico and when I stepped off the plane I couldn’t believe how much it felt like home.  I felt a soul connection to the land and the people that I never could have anticipated. As soon as we returned home, I got to work searching my family history so I  could learn more about my roots in Mexico (more on that in another post soon).

My parents live in a home steps from the beach and a quick walk to the infamous 5th Avenue (which is basically a LONG street of shopping and food and attractions and culture). We spent the majority of our trip out by the pool, enjoying the beach or exploring 5th Avenue shops and food.  My mom has become quite the Mexican chef and cooked us authentic dishes every day.

We also spent a day with the kids at Xcaret Park, which is basically like Disneyland in a tropical jungle where all the attractions are indigenous animals.  Wesley and Ben swam with the sharks, we were inches from Sea Turtles the size of my kitchen table, we snorkeled in the ocean as a family and played on the water slides.

We also spent the day snorkeling a famous cenote called Dos Ojos.  It was scary and exhilarating and truly one of the most incredible experiences of my life. Imagine snorkeling in an underwater cave with over 100 feet deep caverns below you. This is one of those once in a lifetime experiences that I highly recommend if you visit Riveria Maya.

Because my parents have been there so long, we were able to experience the BEST places for food because they had already discovered so many of the hot spots.  The food was SO out of this world that I’m dedicating an entire post to it.  In the meantime, you can follow my stepdad’s Mexico foodie account on IG, @tortillasol.

And now, for a complete overload of photos from our trip.  I realize other people’s vacation photos can be painful to endure, so thank you for humoring me while I document this trip for our family.

This amazing tree is smack dab in the middle of my mom’s neighborhood.

Click here for my moms recipe for authentic tomatillo salsa.

The street art alone is worth the entire trip!

Everywhere you go, iguanas and lizards and other wildlife roam free.

We had such a great time that Ben surprised me with a trip back for Mother’s Day and I brought Stevie along with me for a girls trip.  I was incredibly nervous to travel out of the country alone with her. But we were brave and we had the best time together! Plus we had more time to shop since the boys weren’t with us, lol.

Tricia
    July 11, 2018 at 10:31 am

I’m so glad you are back to blogging. I hope you will keep it up. Your family is so beautiful. I have been following you since Wes was a baby. He is so brave!

Ashley Stock
      July 13, 2018 at 9:11 am

Thank you so much for your kind words friend! I love connecting with people who have been around since the “Baby W” day, lol

Kathy Hanson
    July 12, 2018 at 1:49 am

We were just talking about Mexico last night and my friend was telling me how she won’t go because of all the crime that is happening. Were you nervous at all about this?

Ashley Stock
      July 13, 2018 at 9:11 am

I felt TOTALLY safe during both trips. of course i definitely recommend staying in well traveled tourist destinations and not adventuring out to unknown areas. Just take any precautions you would traveling outside the country regardless 🙂 Also, there were still a TON of tourists from the US and Canada and a bunch from South America.

gmail sign up
    July 16, 2018 at 4:16 pm

baby names
    July 17, 2018 at 5:37 pm

The photos are so beautiful! Your children are so beautiful~ little daughter look like an angel!

Amphasis
    July 18, 2018 at 4:11 pm

Lovely place, I hope that I got a chance to visit Mexico one day.

superfighters
    August 12, 2018 at 3:40 pm

I love it.very interesting and meaning full post.

bubble shooter
    September 10, 2018 at 4:11 pm

I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great experience for me.

Hotmail password
    September 14, 2018 at 3:13 pm

I love it.very interesting and meaning full post.

spider solitaire
    October 12, 2018 at 1:35 pm

The post you have shared is really nice and informative. Also here you can enjoy spider solitaire games.

Rose
    October 16, 2018 at 2:47 pm

Wow great photos.
    I hope i will go to mexico with my family too some day

klrnjece
    April 2, 2019 at 5:08 pm

I recommend you to check https://essaydragon.com/blog/exam-tips out if you want to get some exam tips. It’s important to know if you are going to pass your exams

Nathaniel Michael
    January 18, 2020 at 6:25 am

Watch you favourite pinoy channel replays online in hd. https://ofwpinoychannel.com.

Salman
    January 22, 2020 at 8:33 pm

Your share is the great knowledge I have gathered, you are an important person I admire, thank you https://pinoytvlambinganhd.su/

Bubble Shooter
    February 14, 2020 at 5:25 pm

very good

Michael Neff
    February 17, 2020 at 5:12 am

Its a great pleasure reading your post.Its full of information I am looking https://awriter.org/papercoach-net-review/ for and I love to post a comment that “The content of your post is awesome” Great work.

HERVE LEGER
    March 7, 2020 at 12:34 pm

“I love the idea of movement, but this White Bandage Dress can be especially difficult to achieve with a knit because they’re all

William Dudley
    March 23, 2020 at 9:37 pm

I’ve found an essay sample on this platform. I didn’t pay to read it. There are a lot of other templates of academic papers http://qweetly.com/.

Emma Velson
    March 28, 2020 at 11:17 pm

I have found a reliable writing service where I can get help at any time! Read my PayMeToDoYourHomework review and get your paper done by a professional. https://www.writingpapersucks.com/paymetodoyourhomework-review/

Sara Crower
    March 31, 2020 at 1:01 am

So glad I discovered Homeworkfor.me. They do a much better job with essays than I ever could. https://homeworkfor.me/homework-paper-help

Billywelchh
    March 31, 2020 at 11:09 pm

Thank you so much.

Erlichpslab
    March 31, 2020 at 11:11 pm

Grantsmithh
    March 31, 2020 at 11:12 pm

I love to post a comment that “The content of your post is awesome” Great work.

Laverneplab
    March 31, 2020 at 11:13 pm

I love it.very interesting and meaning full post.

Mattpslab
    March 31, 2020 at 11:15 pm

Robertpslab
    March 31, 2020 at 11:16 pm

Alex Bouy
    April 10, 2020 at 3:15 am

Looking for writing assistance? Visit https://essaysmate.com where you can get help with writing essay.

studyhippo review
    May 15, 2020 at 8:55 pm

I had a very good experience after reading studyhippo review. I am juggling a part-time job with school and have to take care of my son when I get home so its really impossible to keep up with schoolwork. This service is a real lifesaver and I dont think I could ever graduate without them. Five stars!

trustmypaper coupon
    May 15, 2020 at 11:39 pm

Some services even offer huge discounts. You just need to know when exactly they ptovide them. Not so long ago, I saw a tremendous trustmypaper coupon with a price reduction up to 20%.

Monika Jacob
    May 19, 2020 at 4:52 pm

After reading your post, I am so excited and Mexico might be next city for spending my vacations. Mexico is the way for Americans and Canadians to escape the cold winter. This is place where I really want to go right now. https://sites.google.com/view/dissertationhelpinuk/

Chat sohbet odaları
    June 17, 2020 at 3:26 am

Kaliteli bir arkadaşlık için https://www.sohbet.city/ sizleri adresimize bekleriz.

Quality Essays
    June 26, 2020 at 10:18 pm

Essays are not simple opinions provided in the form of a structured academic paper. This should be an organized piece of writing that presents a methodological analysis and opinions on a given topic or issue.

Walang Hanggang Paalam
    September 14, 2020 at 2:40 am

Watch all Pinoy Lambingan And Pinoy Tv Shows with us. Walang Hanggang Paalam

teleserye
    September 14, 2020 at 2:40 am

You can also watch the previous famous Pinoy Teleserye shows released on the ABS-CBN channel like Kadenang Ginto, Halik, La Luna Sangre

Yeh Rishtey Hain Pyaar Ke