Family Conversation Jars
This project has been at the top of my “excited-to-make” list for quite some time now. I love the idea of clever dinner conversation starters and I think these fun jars can also make the perfect little gift. These are super simple and I’m sure you guys can come up with far more clever ideas for decorating these jars, but here is the quick scoop on how I made these ones:
- Gather supplies: scrap paper, 8.5×11 card stock to print questions on, large mason jars with lid, fabric or ribbon trim, glue stick, scissors, hot glue.
- Take apart the two-piece mason jar lid. Trace out the inner circle onto a piece of your favorite scrap paper. Use the glue stick and glue the paper to the lid. Put the two lid pieces back together.
- Use the hot glue to glue down the trim around the perimeter of the mason jar, just below where the lid screws on.
- Print out your questions/trivia on your card stock and cut them out into strips. Fold and place in jar. HowDoesShe.com has a ton of FREE printable conversation starters all ready for you.
- And that’s it! You can embellish added goodies how ever you want. Maybe a cute gift tag or a label with the family last name. I would love to see pictures of whatever you come up with. Leave a link in the comments.
Love it! What a great way to get families to really talk!
Love this idea and love how the jars look! Thanks for sharing!
Oh wow – this is such a fantastic idea! It lookd fabulous. I wish you hours of fun for your efforts!!
These are so cute!!!!
I wish I would have thought of this when my children young (They are married). Thanks for sharing.
These are seriously adorable and so fun!!! I love when you craft!
This is such a great idea to go beyond the boring how was your day. I am going to employ my slaves…I mean kids to help create a fun jar for our dinner table.
Domestic Engineer’s Union
This really is a great idea. I recently bought a jar like this from Joliday Jars on Etsy. It was awesome!. I ordered the Bible Verses and it was filled with almost 400! Price was really low for all the work that goes into these plus they have tons of themes to choose from. thanks for all your wonderful work on this blog–you have great ideas:)
I’m thinking of adding something like this to my daughter’s wedding reception. I have to come up with just the right questions as it is a Christian gathering with lots of her college friends. 😉 It could really help keep the conversations going – even with the DJ and the food!
Right now am using this special feature of Microsoft and suggest other windows 10 users to come here and learn how to enable this amazing function in to their computer system.Click over this https://heycortana.me/ and get the access to activate this.thank you so much to share this.
nice and good lacaesr
Are you interested in an informative essay topics? Look here https://domyessaytoday.com/blog/informative-essay-topics for more details.
“I love the idea of movement, but this White Bandage Dress can be especially difficult to achieve with a knit because they’re all
Nice piece of art. I wanted to share a landlord deposit protection platform. It’s all about Landlords and Tenants.
I appreciate your work. Keep working on it. Peer To Peer Lending is giving a good interest rate on lending money. Try it reaching.
I’m impressed, I must say. Very rarely do I come across a blog that’s both informative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you‘ve hit the nail on the head.