live

We’re Moving

We’re Moving.

And we’re pretty excited about it.
We like change around these parts.
The hubs and I get the “itch” to move,
to try out a different neighborhood,
get a fresh start,
go on new adventures.
So we’re giving up our backyard,
in exchange for a quick walk from a back patio and down a greenbelt
to my favorite place in our little town.
The Lake.

And while I’m excited today,
I know that once all the pictures are off the walls,
all the boxes are packed
and our house is empty,
I’ll get all mushy gushy about leaving behind
the home where we started our little family.
The home where our son took his first steps,
got his first boo boo,
had his first visit from Santa
and said his first words.
The home where I burned my first turkey,
discovered my decor style,
and hosted my first BBQ.
This home marks our beginning,
and it will hold a special place in my heart forever.
Here’s to embracing the adventure that is change.

Mejia Mamma
    June 7, 2011 at 5:29 am

Oh wow! Congrats!! I love everything about moving…except the "packing" part. Next time I may hire someone to do it for me, haha! Though it is nice because it forces you to clear out all the crap you don't use/don't need/etc. I love unpacking though, that is THE best! Good luck with everything!!

Michelle
    June 7, 2011 at 5:30 am

I will be praying for you guys during this transition! I know what moving is like (air force wife/air force kiddo). I've moved every 4 yrs my whole life and what I love about it is how you can make everything new. I can't wait to see what you do with your new home – it will be beautiful – fresh – and perfect.
    πŸ™‚

Andrea
    June 7, 2011 at 5:43 am

i hate moving but i love new adventures! here's to yours! best of luck packing and moving and starting this new journey!

Audrey Crisp
    June 7, 2011 at 6:03 am

Congrats! Good luck with the move!

Tahnie
    June 7, 2011 at 6:13 am

Oh, excited for you!

Also, THANK YOU for donating and mailing the rings and mustache necklace. SO GORGEOUS in person. I need to email you the donation receipt/letter. Will get that to you asap. I'm crazy behind on everything, my health sucks lately.

lovelovelove.

Jayna Rae
    June 7, 2011 at 7:11 am

Congratulations! You truly live in a lovely place, and still will be. Keep the memories close. there are sure to be many more to come.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com
    June 7, 2011 at 8:30 am

How exciting!! I am excited to see the next chapter. It looks beautiful!

xoxoxox
    Jen

Rissy
    June 7, 2011 at 9:35 am

love that you are excited! moving can be so incredibly fun, but I've always found packing to be a little overwhelming… even if it's just for a week (oops did I just admit that!?)

can't wait to see what kind of adventures you have in the new home.

CarissaExplainsItAll

Ambrosia
    June 7, 2011 at 10:29 am

Congrats – that's very exciting! I'm NOT one that likes to move, but it is an adventure. We moved from OK to TX almost a year ago – love the change! Have fun at that gorgeous lake!

Kate B.
    June 7, 2011 at 10:56 am

Congrats!! Moving is exciting and fun…but hard too!! We moved from our first home 2 years ago, but to make it bittersweet we moved into my childhood home. We are now raising our kids in the place where I have such great memories. It's really kinda neat! Good luck with the move and I can't wait to see more pics!

Stacy P.
    June 7, 2011 at 11:08 am

Congratulations! And may I say, from someone who has lived within the same 10 mile radius for her entire life, that I'm EXTREMELY JEALOUS!!! Much luck to you and blessings in your new home!

Maeve Rachel
    June 7, 2011 at 11:22 am

Congrats! Best wishes for your new adventure! =) You must be so excited! Just think of all the new 'firsts' your new home will hold for you and your family!

amber
    June 7, 2011 at 11:24 am

awww congrats on finding a new home! i am sure it will be hard when you do leave your first house for good, but you will have many more memories to make in your new home πŸ™‚

radiomomrhetoric
    June 7, 2011 at 11:48 am

Ohhhhhh! sad and exciting! I remember packing up for our move from our first house….I can't wait to see your new diggs! πŸ™‚

rgronda
    June 7, 2011 at 11:56 am

Congrats on your new adventure. πŸ™‚

[email protected] 700sqftDesign
    June 7, 2011 at 12:00 pm

We just moved, it's a lot of work, but we also thrive on change and fresh starts. It was sad to say goodbye to the house of do many memories, but I know we will make many more at our new house!

[email protected] 700sqftDesign
    June 7, 2011 at 12:01 pm

Good luck, so many new inspirations in a new house!

james @ agirlcalledjames
    June 7, 2011 at 12:11 pm

It is just too cool that you are moving by a lake. I can assure you that the lake will be some of Baby W's best memories. The place we were living in when Zoe started walking and had her first birthday gave her lead poisoning, so when we moved it was a relief. We are now moving again from an apartment to a house and we are so excited. With all of the memories of his firsts at this place there will be so many more to experience at the new place!

jamie @ kreyv
    June 7, 2011 at 12:19 pm

How exciting, and what a great location! I like to move, because I love to dejunk and start fresh! Anywhere you live will be your home and feel right for your fam! Good luck!

Laura
    June 7, 2011 at 12:32 pm

How exciting!! Change is good! I love packing (AND unpacking)I– I know I'm crazy but it really makes you take stock in the things you have and it's a great time to purge all the excess! Much success in the process!

The Miller Five
    June 7, 2011 at 12:55 pm

Congratulations! I swear I am a moving expert. 4 homes and 3 states in 2 years. INSANE! Can't wait to see your new place. We get to see pictures right? πŸ˜‰

Lindsay
    June 7, 2011 at 1:11 pm

How exciting ASH! So much for being neighbors hehe! So does this mean your place is up for rent?????? CANT wait to see your new place!

[email protected] Stitched
    June 7, 2011 at 1:40 pm

I have to tell you I totally am bawling as I read this πŸ™ I am such a horrible friend to you right now that I didn't even know you were moving! I am so sorry Ash! I am going to call you today! I love you and we need to catch up!

PeaceLoveApplesauce
    June 7, 2011 at 1:48 pm

Aww– happy moving week! πŸ™‚

Jen
    June 7, 2011 at 1:57 pm

Good luck! It will be so worth it in the end!

Mindie Hilton
    June 7, 2011 at 2:00 pm

Can't wait to see pics of your new place. Jelous that you will be right on the lake.

Danielle D.
    June 7, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Congrats on moving! My husband and I are moving next week as well. It is bittersweet because this was our first real place together since we got married. But I know our next place will have memories made in it too.

Happy packing!

Betsy
    June 7, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Besides the actual work part, moving is so exciting! Being able to get a few new things to make the new place a home is my favorite! Can't wait to see some updates! Ps. that lake looks so nice

Jo Jo
    June 7, 2011 at 2:30 pm

Congratulations on the new place!

We JUST moved into our very first house. We're super excited a little bit intimidated to be homeowners.

I'm looking forward to making special memories with my little girl in our new house.

ilene @ muchloveilly
    June 7, 2011 at 2:47 pm

aw that's so bittersweet. we moved all of my life since we were a military family so we learned to cling to the memories and to be thankful to be with family, since we couldn't stay put in one house or place.

happy packing!!!!

ilene @ muchloveilly
    June 7, 2011 at 2:47 pm

happy packing!!!!

Lil Mama Stuart
    June 7, 2011 at 2:55 pm

I totally thought you meant to wordpress like everyone else! lol

how bittersweet, congrats!

Nikki Klaerner
    June 7, 2011 at 3:19 pm

Congrats on the move! That's such an exciting thing, however, I am not sure I could leave the house you live in now if it were mine. It is beautiful. I love all the natural light and all the windows. I hope you guys have many blessings in your new home and Baby W will have plenty of "firsts" in the new house too! He's such a cutie! Congrats again!

Hayley
    June 7, 2011 at 3:27 pm

Your first family home will always hold a special place in your heart. I know mine does.

Amanda
    June 7, 2011 at 4:31 pm

congrats!!! moving is a pain, but i kinda like the idea of getting a new clean slate to decorate and make "home" again! we've moved so many times, this past move from FL to CA was move 7 or 8 for my then 6yr!! We've been in the same place now for 3yrs here in CA and i *think* it's the longest we've lived in on place….and i gotta say…it's kinda weird!! i'm getting the itch to move again. good luck with everything!!!

Kelli
    June 7, 2011 at 4:38 pm

How exciting!! You will love decorating your new home and you will soon have a great memories at your new home as well!! Congratulations!!

Kelli @ Loveoursimplelife.blogspot.com

Laura
    June 7, 2011 at 5:02 pm

so bittersweet! good luck with the move, a new place will be exciting. i think i use to feed the ducks at that lake. πŸ™‚

Amy
    June 7, 2011 at 5:36 pm

I know several people who felt the same way when they moved from the house they brought their first baby home to – one idea is to write all the firsts you had in that house, or what the house meant to your family, on the wall inside a closet in a spot that can't be seen. Then you will know it is there, and there is a possibility that future residents may stumble on it & know that you loved living there!

Girl of The Grove
    June 7, 2011 at 6:01 pm

How exciting…can't wait to see the new digs…and adventures! : )

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane
    June 7, 2011 at 8:44 pm

I so know how you feel. I love the excitement of change and new surroundings, trying to figure out my new living space. (Although I've only lived in two places with my husband and family). Some days, MOST days I am SOOOOO ready to leave this dumpy, frumpy apartment in the dry ugly desert to live somewhere green and pretty in a house with wood floors. But then again, this home was the site of some huge stepping stones in my life, ones I will never forget.

Good luck with your move, the new area looks gorgeous!

becoming teacher misty
    June 7, 2011 at 11:18 pm

So happy for your little family! Even your boxes are organized and perfect. πŸ™‚

Miranda
    June 8, 2011 at 1:51 am

I was hoping this was going to say, "We're moving to Cedar City, UT".. ya know.. so we could be real life friends like I think we are. πŸ™‚

Good Luck with the move! Change is always good!

Tara
    June 8, 2011 at 2:21 am

WOW! This feels so fast and sudden although I'm sure it wasn't for you! I feel sad already and I'm not even the one moving. Although I also am feeling that bug.
    My family that I nanny for moved a few months ago and I cried! I still work for them but it broke my heart to know that their sweet 2 year old baby girl would never again see the house she was born into. There were SOO many memories we had created there and I just felt sad. In a way it reminded me that she may not even remember all the time I've spent with her.
    Ahh…. but I trust that this is going to be an amazing adventure for your little family and you'll make a beautiful NEW home!

Heather :: AFD Jewelry ::
    June 8, 2011 at 3:58 am

Congrats on your new adventure! You are far braver than me….I could never leave my little bubble!

Lexie Loo & Dylan Too
    June 8, 2011 at 5:04 pm

Wishing you lots of luck with the move!

Lexie Loo & Dylan Too
    June 8, 2011 at 5:04 pm

Wishing you lots of luck with the move!

The Drama Mama
    June 9, 2011 at 4:17 am

Awe, praying for you sweet girl! As I type, ALL of our belongings are being shipped to Iowa (from Texas) and it was very hard to look at those blank walls! Prayers on your new adventure! xoxo

Comeca Jones
    June 9, 2011 at 6:49 am

Not too happy about the start we have to make either but it should be fun as you said new adventures ahead!

Jenna
    June 9, 2011 at 6:17 pm

how exciting. new chapters are always good. you said perfectly exactly what i'm feeling as i just finished packing up my kids' toys. bittersweet to leave our home too, but excited for the next chapter of our life. πŸ™‚

Jamie
    June 9, 2011 at 9:00 pm

What a blessing!!! A lake in the back yard? Wow!

Karri
    June 10, 2011 at 11:00 pm

good luck! can't wait to see what you do with your new place!!!! i understand the bittersweet feeling — we're in house #3, so we left the newlywed house, where i started a pan or two on fire, and we also left the house where baby #1 lived his first year. Very bittersweet. (and we don't even rent!)

Kelly Rachel
    June 11, 2011 at 1:01 am

Best of luck with the move. Hope everything goes smoothly for you guys. I know how difficult it can be!
    Beautiful park shots!!

Burton
    June 15, 2011 at 11:16 pm

Good luck on the move. I love new adventures! And I totally love stalking your blog, hope you don't mind πŸ™‚

Aileen
    July 9, 2011 at 12:28 am

Good luck on the move! The lake is so nice. I actually used to work in the tan-ish building to the left in that last picture. So nice!

Replica Louis Vuitton Handbags
    August 15, 2011 at 11:09 pm

As well as price is very cheap, our website always the principle of high quality but lower price. So beautiful high fashion leather goods are no longer a small part of the “patent” and so that everyone can enjoy easily at any time.

mulberry purses
    August 24, 2011 at 11:17 am

great and faster than expected. thank you

HERVE LEGER
    March 29, 2020 at 2:02 pm

First and foremost, let’s get one thing straight: Herve Leger Dressesβ€œThere’s an incorrect assumption about Herve that it’s only for evening,”