live

I SPY: Neighborhood Edition

Eye SPY: Neighborhood Edition
Get the scoop on the I SPY series here.
This week Baby W and I took a stroll through our neighborhood
to capture all the little things that make this place home.
I loaded up Baby W in his stroller with some graham crackers, ready for our neighborhood adventure with crusty milk residue on his face.

All bundled up in his trusty B.O.B. stroller,
we were ready to snap our pictures.

Random worker sunbathing shirtless at the park, classic.

I love that I live in a neighborhood where random, well-loved soccer balls end up in my planter box at the end of the day.

And neighbor’s proudly display our flag.

Uber large oaks line the streets.
Remaining photos taken on my iPhone with the Instagram ap.

Baby W’s favorite day of the week–trash day.

Officially the neighborhood’s ugliest mailbox–but it makes me smile.
The hubby’s office, only a few blocks from home–Baby W and I walk there every day to give Daddy kisses.

Through the window of a local shop I pass on my way home from the hubby’s office.
The neighbor’s roses–I’m jealous.

Now show me what you’ve got.
And pretty please with a cherry on top, link back to this post so that other people can join our party.
note: I used Picnik {1960’s effect} to edit the pictures not taken with my iPhone.
Next week’s theme:
Favorite things in your home.

Leilani @ Soleil Selene
    April 13, 2011 at 6:26 am

I think this is going to be a fun series. Can't wait for next week, as I've got many favorites around my house! Thanks for hosting, Ashley!

Laura @ live.laugh.photograph
    April 13, 2011 at 6:34 am

looks like i'm going for a walk tomorrow! it was raining the last few days 🙁 boo. but i'll link up tomorrow… hopefully. if mother nature cooperates 😉

Audrey Crisp
    April 13, 2011 at 6:58 am

I love this post! Ps. I'm so annoyed with Photobucket right now… Oh and btw, I'm sorry I never got back to you about hanging out! I was pretty sick, then the weather sucked, then we were out of town again… We'll still have to get together someday!

Rissy
    April 13, 2011 at 7:00 am

Your neighborhood is fantastic! I live in a neighborhood with like 6 other houses. And that is it. Period.

You have such a cool cornucopia of things in your neighborhood! shops, offices, random sun bathers! Oh and a super cute Little momma and her precious baby boy!

CarissaExplainsItAll

Comeca Jones
    April 13, 2011 at 7:06 am

Looks like its a great day in your neighborhood.The roses are gorgeous you are right!

DieselMonkey
    April 13, 2011 at 8:34 am

When we first moved here, I took pictures on my walk to work so family could see where we lived. The city is so nice and peaceful at 6:30am.

Recently my son and I have started playing "I spy" on our 1/2 km walk home from daycare. He loves finding stop signs, "green man"', the moon and stars. It's amazing the things he finds.

The Popes
    April 13, 2011 at 11:18 am

Ugh, we have the same blog designer and my layout is jacked up too.

BOOOOO!!!!

Casey Martinez
    April 13, 2011 at 11:41 am

I love your captures! Very creative shots and the processing is so pretty! Gotta love those shirtless workers laying at the public park! lol

Shelley
    April 13, 2011 at 12:01 pm

What a great post! I'm totally going to do this! Such a wonderful way to capture those types of memories that usually get overlooked:)

Amanda
    April 13, 2011 at 12:16 pm

Going on a walk today to find some great shots! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Lindsay
    April 13, 2011 at 1:02 pm

This is such a fun series! I am going to work on this and link up 🙂 LOVE W's Elmo shirt. Landyn would DIE!

Aubrey
    April 13, 2011 at 2:02 pm

Miss Ashley- you just may have finally sparked my fire again. Bless you lady! I will do mine this week too! I love that you are doing this!!

Krysten @ After 'I Do'
    April 13, 2011 at 3:45 pm

What a fun series, I may need to join in sometime!

Mistakenly Misunderstood
    April 13, 2011 at 3:47 pm

LOVE the pictures! Mind if I put your button on my blog layout??

Ginger
    April 13, 2011 at 3:50 pm

Thanks for hosting the linky! I love your photos. Your neighborhood looks like a fun place to live. I can't wait for next weeks!

Jenae @ Wildflower
    April 13, 2011 at 5:05 pm

This is so fun! I will try and take some pics today!!

Carey C. Bailey
    April 13, 2011 at 5:07 pm

That mailbox is hilarious! Never seen anything like it. With Joy, Carey

melissa
    April 13, 2011 at 5:51 pm

Oooh I wanna play. I had some pics for this but I forgot to make them all cool looking using piknic (picnik?) So gotta do that first then I'll play! Random side note: It meant a lot to me when you posted a comment on my blog. I got all…giddy! So thank you.

Alyssa
    April 13, 2011 at 8:25 pm

Okay I don't have pictures for this quite YET! But hope to have some soon!! Super cute!
    Alyssa

james
    April 13, 2011 at 8:31 pm

I just wanted to say that you take amazing pictures. Thank you for sharing your beautiful neighborhood.

Lexie Loo & Dylan Too
    April 13, 2011 at 8:41 pm

I loved the tour through your neighborhood. That's so cool that you can walk to your hubby's work!

Lexie Loo & Dylan Too
    April 13, 2011 at 8:41 pm

Heather Mullin
    April 13, 2011 at 11:05 pm

I LOVE this project. I am a photographer and NEVER get to do fun stuff like this because I am always doing portraits. Do we have to use our phone or can I use my big camera? It would be a lot of fun practice but if you want me to use my phone, I understand! Thanks so much

Heather
    [email protected]

Ginger
    April 13, 2011 at 11:18 pm

How do you delete your link? I added a new link with different photos so #4 is no longer the correct link. Sorry to be a pain. Thanks!

~april
    April 14, 2011 at 4:24 am

that was fun! i love that you can walk to your hubby's work and "give him kisses!" how nice! i also love the 1960's photo app in piknic. i will have to see if that is a free one or not. i hope to join in on one (or more) of these!

What Sadie Did
    April 14, 2011 at 4:36 am

Great idea! I went for a walk two weeks ago and had taken loads of pics so this was the perfect chance to use them! 😀

Sadie x

the little wife
    April 14, 2011 at 1:58 pm

Thanks so much for hosting this! I went for a walk this morning to blow off steam, and fortunately brought my camera with me. Thanks for giving me an excuse to share all my pictures. And for sharing blog space!
    And I too, am very jealous of your neighbors roses! We live on the east coast, and springs isn't quite fully upon us yet.

pakosta
    April 14, 2011 at 5:18 pm

I totally want to go!
    wish I lived near you!
    tara

Kelley
    April 14, 2011 at 7:58 pm

Hello~ new follower! I love the Instagram app too…so fun!

Aubrey
    April 14, 2011 at 8:28 pm

hurrah! I linked up. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Heather
    April 16, 2011 at 10:57 pm

I love this. I'm adding my post in a few! Link up your fave camera phone pic w/ me here:

XO,

Heather

Lil Mama Stuart
    April 19, 2011 at 4:51 pm

my baby LOVES ga-ga (garbage truck) day too!

[email protected] Happy Nappers Review
    May 6, 2011 at 6:39 am

Hi there,

Great series, I am excited for your up-coming post. I wanted to live on your area to experience those.. :).. Keep safe!

Hayley
    June 17, 2011 at 12:46 am

Ok I just posted another blog linking back to you again. Hope that is ok! I loved the I Spy series and got in on it a little late in the game. Thanks for the inspiration!

Louis Vuitton Handbags
    August 15, 2011 at 10:56 pm

fast shipping,nice quality. I’m glad)))

mulberry handbags
    August 24, 2011 at 11:16 am

it’s nice to do business with you

harga besi beton 10 full
    March 22, 2016 at 7:04 pm

I think this is going to be a fun series.