grow

Once Upon a Time I Was Crazy

I’m writing over here today.
I wrote a story about those days when I was crazy.
When I think about it,
its actually amazing I still have friends after that phase I went through.
Read it, you’ll see.
{psst: it would make my day if you left a comment on their site about my article}

Rissy
    March 30, 2011 at 5:09 pm

hahaha I'm still crazy… but moving towards sane.. ya know if this was a bar graph I'd be smack dab in the middle

CarissaExplainsItAll

Lisa
    March 30, 2011 at 5:15 pm

That was excellent….fast forward to when your babe is 12 and in perfect health despite sticking his hand into the toilet, being licked on his mouth by a dog numerous times, and all the other grossness that comes with growing up!! Gotta love the immune system. 🙂 I used to feel like you did with a newborn too!

Stunning-
    March 30, 2011 at 5:17 pm

Your post was fabulous – I'm sure they'll ask you back again and again!
    Great job girl!

[email protected]
    March 30, 2011 at 5:18 pm

I love that your kid eats dirt too! I had a good laugh while reading it. Thanks!

[email protected]
    March 30, 2011 at 5:20 pm

I'm not even a momma yet and that is exactly how I feel about germs. How did you just give it up? That is what I need to learn. I am always always amazed by you!

BETH REMILLARD
    March 30, 2011 at 5:26 pm

This made me laugh so hard, because I too was a germ freak and then baby number 2 comes along….poor Baby 2! He's 4 now and my oldest is 8…I still do not let them on the Chick fila playground or at the park! If they want to do those things I can't know about it and Daddy has to take them! 🙂

Cathy
    March 30, 2011 at 6:19 pm

This is me 100%. I could have written this word for word (but I don't write — you have a gift with words, Dear! ) We think alike!!!!! Seriously, your article was ME. I think I DID scare all my friends and acquainances off.

I will never forget the panic when my MIL let my baby (my BABY!) drink diet coke (DIET COKE?!) from her same can (ACK! THE GERMS!). I held my breath, but my guts were shaking and FUMING!

I am definitely more relaxed now that my babies are 3 and 5 (but I still carry my hand-sani everywhere I go!)

Barn Owl Primitives
    March 30, 2011 at 6:32 pm

Love this quote…

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line."
    ~ Oscar Levant

We should all be that lucky…and that smart!

Love ya sista!

xoxo

Claire
    March 30, 2011 at 7:05 pm

Love your blog! LOVE LOVE LOVE your story @ babies.com. Thanks for keeping it real!

Erica @ Acire Adventures
    March 30, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Haha, such a funny post! I love your writing Ashley, somehow you manage to put such personality into all your stories. My son started daycare at 7 months old and after taking him to the doctor a record number of times that winter because of his perma-cold, I realized that kids and germs just kind of go hand-in-hand!

Andrea @ Keepin it Thrifty
    March 30, 2011 at 9:30 pm

You did such a great job…I stopped and left a sweet little comment! 🙂 I can only imagine how I am going to be when I have a kid. LOL

Free Pretty Things For You
    March 30, 2011 at 10:28 pm

You have such a gift! i couldn't stop laughing and reminiscing!!
    Left a comment! 😉
    Love ya!

Free Pretty Things For You
    March 30, 2011 at 10:28 pm

You have such a gift! i couldn't stop laughing and reminiscing!!
    Left a comment! 😉
    Love ya!

Fernanda
    March 31, 2011 at 12:00 am

I loved your article Ashley!!! I think that all of us mommas feel that way at one point…and I still do if someone is sick and wants to get close to my baby boy (because I am the one who has to stay up with him all night while he has a fever or a really bad runny nose) right?
    Our little ones are too precious, so it is completely understandable

Carmella
    March 31, 2011 at 12:32 am

What a great read! I am pregnant with number three and I am a nesting fool! Thanks for sharing, you always make me smile 🙂

Kate @ Diapers+SkinnyJeans
    March 31, 2011 at 1:47 am

Thank you so much for posting this, I'm actually going through the same thing so it's nice to hear an opinion like this. 🙂 Love your blog.

Wendy
    March 31, 2011 at 3:24 am

You are such a cutie! I loved your article…you have a great writing style and such a funny way of putting things.

Michelle Porth
    March 31, 2011 at 3:43 am

Just thought I'd let you know I posted one of your tutorials on my blog after trying it myself, and I gave your blog a shout-out! It's one of my favorites!

Shahny
    March 31, 2011 at 5:11 am

OMG Ashley I hadn't heard this side of you!

And I still love you 🙂 Great post!

Claire
    March 31, 2011 at 2:34 pm

love the article and left a comment there as well! but you're hilarious. just wait. if you have a 2nd you'll be sooooo less neurotic, mostly cuz you won't be able to control anything cuz you'll have the older one who will get the younger one sick ALL THE TIME!

Van Wynsberg
    April 1, 2011 at 2:33 am

I'm not a mom yet, but I have a feeling I'm going to be "crazy" like you. 😉

*I am [newer] to your blog, and I just read your "secret", just want to say, thank you for sharing and being honest. I think you are brave to share. I know what it's like to have something hiding.*

🙂

majece majece
    July 9, 2019 at 6:34 am

In my opinion, on https://anassignmenthelp.com/blog/harvard-referencing you can get really useful info about Harvard referencing. It will help you to achieve academic success