live

Do you remember the 80’s and 90’s: PART 2

After reading all your fab comments on my previous post about memories from my childhood, I couldn’t just leave it at that.  So thank you for your inspiration for this follow up post. Your comments and memories had me LOL {literally}!
 Ode to the Childhood 80’s and 90’s:
FASHION FLASHBACKS:
ESPRIT
Awesome Pegged Pant Legs
MC Hammer Pants
TV FLASHBACKS:
ALF {here kitty kitty kitty}
Doug
I bet you forgot about this little gem:
Dinosaurs
And my personal favorite:
Small Wonder
Scary Memories:
Favorite Books
Favorite Crush: JTT
Favorite magazine to cut out posters of my favorite crush:
Tiger Beat
Favorite Movie:
My Girl
{I cried every time I watched}
Toys I loved:
NERF Guns
Remember these classic McDonald Happy Meal Toys
Tamagotchi computer key chain pets
Rainbow Brite
Popples: those little stuffed animals that tucked into a ball
And of course, the classic Chia Pet
Favorite Snacks:
Slimer Hi-C
{I would put these in the freezer and eat them as slushies}
Don’t push me push a Push Pop
Sour Warheads
Am I forgetting anything?
BTW: I am 26 for those of you who were wondering!
1984 Baby

ilene @ muchloveilly
    August 16, 2010 at 3:54 am

girl, i loved this post! it made me wonder how you old were until i got to the bottom of the post. no wonder we had a lot of the same 80s/90s likes – we are the same age!! love it. 🙂

ilene @ muchloveilly
    August 16, 2010 at 3:54 am

Lexie Loo & Dylan Too
    August 17, 2010 at 5:19 am

I love this post! It brings back a lot of memories!

Lexie Loo & Dylan Too
    August 17, 2010 at 5:19 am

I love this post! It brings back a lot of memories!

melissa
    February 12, 2011 at 6:29 am

Half of those things I forgot about.. so many memories! Awesome that you made these post! Thanks 🙂

JoEllen
    February 12, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Oh my gosh! I was born in the same year and I totally remember every single one or those things! I think my favs from growing up were TGIF and Saved By the Bell :). Ah, the memories! Thanks for the trip down memory lane…

Stephanie {Luxe Boulevard}
    February 12, 2011 at 2:20 pm

This was fab! The only thing missing is Saved by the Bell.

You have to come join us for Throwback Thursday parties. Link up and add some old skool jams.

Jenny! {www.alongthelei.blogspot.com}
    March 25, 2011 at 3:20 pm

LOL 1981 here!!! Ahh some real memories!!! PRETTY DARN AMAZING!!! I LOVED THE SLIMER ECTO COOLERS LOLOL

Thanks for the rewind!!!

Maureen
    September 14, 2011 at 5:40 am

That just made me smile from ear to ear!
    I had that little cloud man from McDs…and rainbow brite, and the popples…and Esprit! Oh my goodness the memories!

nathania h
    September 14, 2011 at 6:02 am

Awh that made me smile! Some things I don’t remember, but I was born in 1988 lol. I used to love all the mcdonalds toys! The little dolls that made heart and star paper cut outs, and the flying fairies were all my favorite! Oh and My Girl made me cry each time to! Hehe thanks for bringing back old memories!

Jessie
    September 14, 2011 at 11:25 am

How could you forget NKOTB? LOVED them and My Buddy and Kid Sister. Great round up . . . I loved Baby Sitter’s Club and Sweet Valley High!

Mel
    September 14, 2011 at 2:25 pm

What about pogs? And slap wrist bracelets. And TGIF. We watched it every Friday. I also loved me some NKOTB. 1983 here.

Susan
    September 14, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Oh my goodness, this really brought me back. I am a little older than you, but I had most of those things too! NKOTB was definitely my favorite group. I also loved Whitney Houston, Debbie Gibson, and Paula Abdul. I’m so glad you included the show dinosaurs, my husband never saw it and doesn’t believe it existed! 🙂

Mandy
    September 14, 2011 at 3:41 pm

I was IN love with JTT. I saw a recent picture of him on TMZ the other day and he looks the exact same! Me and my best friend would watch My Girl all the time…and we cried every time too. I think I would still cry if I watched it today. Thanks for the flashbacks!

Erika Thompson
    September 14, 2011 at 6:47 pm

Ohh how I love posts like these! Fabulous and oh so entertaining!

Heather
    September 14, 2011 at 11:31 pm

I remember a lot of those!! I had a Popples…..think it’s still around actually! I’m from 1984, too, I just turned 27. 🙂

Anna @ The Guiltless Life
    September 15, 2011 at 10:04 pm

Soooo funny. We LOVED outfits like those MC Hammer pants – Kelly Kapowski wore all those kinds of crazy hairdos and colours on Saved by the Bell and we idolized her! (I was born in 85 so just a year younger!). And those electronic pets! Haha.

BUT does anyone remember Pogs?? Slammer and playing Pogs at lunchtime…no? OMG they were so huge in Cayman (I’m from the Cayman Islands) but I don’t know if they were in the States. So funny!

Alexis
    September 16, 2013 at 6:01 am

I know this is SUPER old, but I ran across this post while looking at other oldy-but-goody toys. I’m the same age as you so I hope you remember these… Cupcake dolls! I was obsessed with smelling the rubber skirt/cupcake. I tried to convince my mom and friends it was vanilla scented! 🙂

groupware open source
    August 13, 2014 at 9:27 pm

My partner and I stumbled over here from a different web page and
    thought I might as well check things out. I like what I see so i
    am just following you. Look forward to checking out your web page repeatedly.