craft

Doily Banner TUTORIAL

Paper Doily Banner TUTORIAL
So I have seen a few of these doily banners out there in the blogoshere and the world of Etsy–and I knew I had to try one out for myself.
And, I also think my button obsession is expanding into the doily arena–which means you can expect a few more doily tutorials out of me in the future.
Now honestly, this is perhaps the easiest craft project you’ll ever embark on–not to mention, its perfect for party decor {baby shower, bridal shower, luncheon, Easter, etc.}.
You can even spray paint your doilies any color you want.  Last Halloween I made one of these banners and spray painted all the doily’s black–very Gothic chic, lol!
Or you can add cut-out letters to your doilies to spell out something like “Happy Birthday”.  The possibilities are endless!
Shall we get started?
Here’s what you’ll need.
Supplies:
Paper doilies {from the Dollar Tree}
Ribbon in the color of your choice {at least 3/4 inch wide}
Glue gun and hot glue
STEP ONE:
Determine how long you want your banner to be and select how many doilies you want to use.  I used six–I wanted to use 7, but my ribbon was too short.  I suggest using an odd number of doilies. Now fold all your doilies in half.
STEP TWO:
You will glue down your first doily about 18 inches in from the end of the ribbon {leave at least 18 inches on both ends for hanging your banner}.  Lay your ribbon flat and apply a row of hot glue to the bottom half of the ribbon in the length of your first doily.  Now set your doily on top of the hot glue and press firmly in place.
**Important**: When you set your doily on the glue, be sure that you set it down exactly halfway through the ribbon {see picture below}.
Now follow the same steps with the remaining doilies.  For this banner, I placed my doilies about 5 inches apart.  Next time I want to try to place them touching each other {I think that will look cuter}.
STEP THREE:
Once you have glued down the first side of all your doilies, you are ready to move on.  Lay your banner flat on your work space.  Start with the first doily again, but this time apply hot glue to the top half of the ribbon.

And then fold the top half of the ribbon over the doily and press firmly into place.
Continue this step until the ribbon is glued down along the length of the banner.
I left the end ribbon pieces unglued so that they would be cuter and easy to tie when hanging {see picture below}.
And in just 15 short minutes, you have your very own paper doily banner to hang for your next party or holiday!
I will be linking this doily banner to
Happy Crafting!

Jessica
    January 3, 2011 at 8:50 pm

I love this idea and just blogged about it. It reminded me of Alice in Wonderland's apron and dress and inspired me to add playing cards for a Mad Hatter themed party. Thanks for your how to and sharing your fabulous idea!

Designer Handbags Sale
    August 15, 2011 at 9:01 pm

iOffer has since evolved into the fastest growing destination for interactive social commerce. A vibrant global community, we connect visitors from over 190 countries in every language via millions of item listings.

coach handbags
    August 24, 2011 at 11:16 am

A good bargain and a good transaction

wedding dresses
    September 2, 2011 at 10:08 pm

Bought 3 bags. Very satisfied with the products and service!

Creating a Reception, One Inspiration at a Time | Weddingbee
    November 3, 2011 at 12:15 pm

[…] Image via The Sweetest Occasion and Little Miss Momma […]

Fourth of July Backyard Party - Adventures, DIY, holiday, Party Ideas, Real Life - Little Miss Momma
    June 29, 2012 at 8:35 pm

[…] food , red white and blue, and 100 degree weather.  Star banner cut using my Silhouette. Doily Banner tutorial Flag Cake: store bought. Cake Pops Tutorial Burlap Table Runner Bows and Flags: Dollar […]

be
    July 2, 2014 at 9:47 pm

Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say
    that I have really enjoyed surfing around your blog posts.
    After all I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I
    hope you write again very soon!

Scrapebox Footprints And Other Backlink Tools
    May 25, 2016 at 5:03 am

This blog runs on WordPress, which is very easy to use and to implement.
    – A team of expert will be assigned to handle the task.
    By diminishing the credibility of the competitor, skate shop “A”
    will get to a higher authority module of search engine.
    You open your PC or laptop, type relevant keywords on Google to get the list of dozens of companies promising
    to offer the best SEO services. Every little thing must look
    natural and natural in any other case bad points sometimes occur.
    But before we get to this the Automatic Backlink Creator also claims to create longer
    lasting back links.

My BK Experience
    May 25, 2018 at 5:22 pm

To discover the degree of service. The customers should specify the truth about the solution of the employee. If they think that they were not treated appropriately, or if the personnel were not friendly, they need to discuss that to the authority in the survey.

marshal yadav
    September 25, 2018 at 2:46 pm

I love this game.

majece majece
    December 17, 2018 at 6:23 pm

Do you want to know more about cheap travelling? On https://pro-academic-writers.com/blog/travel-cheap you can read more about it, by the way