Baby, You’re a Firework

The Fourth of July makes me think of fireworks.
And fireworks make me think of this song.
And this song makes my heart race with inspiration,
and motivation,
and awesomeness.

And awesomeness makes me think of you,
of how much you matter–to me and to others,
and the difference you are making
without even realizing it.

Cuz baby, you’re a firework.
Come on, let your colors burst.
Ignite your light and let it shine.
Just own the night like the 4th of July.

So press play,
take a deep breath
close your eyes
and listen.

Because no matter who you are,
this song applies to you.
Trust me.

Ok, I’m stepping off my “motivational” soap box now.

Ashley Stock
I'm Ashley. Sometimes I craft, occasionally I cook, everyday I write, and I'm always Momma. This is my blog. I keep it real while still seeing the rainbows and butterflies in all of life's lessons.
Ashley Stock
Ashley Stock
Ashley Stock

Latest posts by Ashley Stock (see all)

Ashley Stock

Comments

1. I've been a fan of Boyce Avenue singing this for a while now! So good!

2. Beautiful version of the song! Love it!

3. Resourceful Red says:

funny u posted this!! I have been singing this song all week because everytime i go out i pass a fireworks stand!!
    haha!

4. The Sotos says:

Love this version! Thanks for sharing!

5. ilene @ muchloveilly says:

oooh a new version of this! love it – and love your post πŸ™‚

6. ilene @ muchloveilly says:

oooh a new version of this! love it – and love your post πŸ™‚

7. ilene @ muchloveilly says:

oooh a new version of this! love it – and love your post πŸ™‚

8. Danielle says:

I love this version!

9. PeaceLoveApplesauce says:

LOVE that song!! LOVED her performance of it for the Victoria's Secret runway show!

10. Kara @ Mine for the Making says:

Love this version πŸ™‚ Such a great post too.

My teacher friend (who taught next door to me the past 2 years) played this song every Friday while her students cleaned their desks and packed up for the weekend. I loved that when Id walk over to her room, every kid was singing this song while they were busy cleaning πŸ™‚ Too sweet.

11. Sara @ Struggling Happiness says:

I am absolutely in love with Boyce Avenue. They are simply amazing.

12. Luv 2 Smile says:

Like this version so much better! He has a great voice! Thanks for sharing. happy 4th.. enjoy the fireworks!
    Heather

13. The Miller's says:

Aw what a perfectly themed song for this awesome weekend coming up!! Love it! Gonna have to share it on my FB wall. πŸ˜‰ Thanks girl! AND thanks for the motivational words! Beautiful.

14. What Sadie Did says:

Ahh I would love to be in the US to experience 4th of July one day!!

Sadie x

~Giveaway on my blog!~

15. {andthisiswhatshesaid} says:

love this song!

16. thanks for posting a new version πŸ™‚

i had a question… will you be hosting any more of the 'i spy' series? i liked participating in it… πŸ™‚

17. Love this version!

18. I like this so much better than Katy Perry's version! :0)

19. I like this version better too!! Thanks for sharing!

20. Lindsey @ Inspiring Creations says:

Love Boyce Avenue! Thanks for sharing. πŸ™‚

21. Such a great version, I love that song.

22. Mindy Harris says:

i have never heard of that dude (i am a little behind on current events because i craft and blog 24/7…sortof) but that blew me away! needed to hear that tonight as i process some things in my heart. also i sent you an email about advertising but i am content to wait to hear from you as long as you need.
    you are adorable.

23. Awesome!! A New Favorite song- A New Favorite Band!!!
    Thanks:):)

24. super cheesy mommy-moment ahead: my girls (5 & 3) warm up to this song at their dance studio and it reminds me of them whenever i hear it. it's just the message i want them to hear. i get teary when it's on the radio, sappy, right?? love it πŸ™‚

25. taylore says:

I absolutely love this song and this version too!

26. Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk says:

I.Love.Boyce.Avenue!!

27. I actually get tears in my eyes whenever I hear Firework! I thought I was the only one…

28. Stephanie says:

Chill bumps.

29. I have to tell you — I have been back to tis post several times since you first put it up. LOVE LOVE LOVE

30. Great price. Excellent seller!! Thanks!