Button Headband Tutorial

What can I say, I am a sucker for buttons!
{Hence, yet another button tutorial}
I think this one would have been cuter if I used buttons that were a bit more “fun” or colorful…
**Note: If you have a project and/or tutorial using buttons, please leave a link to it in the comments section to be considered for an upcoming
feature in my Button Round Up**
the Button Headband Tutorial:
Here’s what you’ll need for this project:

Supplies:
Headband {and plain headband @ Target}
Buttons of your choice
Glue gun and hot glue
Ribbon {similar color as buttons}
STEP ONE:
Glue down the first button in the center of your headband.
Working from the center button, continue gluing down your buttons.

STEP TWO:
Now that have finished gluing down your buttons we need to add the ribbon to keep the buttons and glue from sticking to your hair.  I suggest using a ribbon in a similar color as your buttons.  Also, make sure your ribbon is not wider than your buttons {you don’t want the ribbon to show}.
Trim the ends of your ribbon and then you are done!
This is what the underside of your headband should look like:
And here you have it:
My attempt at taking pictures of myself wearing my new “cute as a button” headband:
If you make a headband using this tutorial I would LOVE to see pictures of the final product!
ALSO, I will we doing an upcoming BUTTON ROUND UP, so if you have a project and/or tutorial using buttons, then leave your link in the comments section to be considered for a feature.
{Click HERE to check out the awesome blog parties I link to}
Happy Crafting!
Ashley Stock
I'm Ashley. Sometimes I craft, occasionally I cook, everyday I write, and I'm always Momma. This is my blog. I keep it real while still seeing the rainbows and butterflies in all of life's lessons.
Ashley Stock
Ashley Stock
Ashley Stock

Latest posts by Ashley Stock (see all)

Ashley Stock

Comments

1. Liz @ Sugarplum Creations says:

I love buttons too! That headband is super cute!! ­čÖé

2. Anonymous says:

So simple yet so clever. Brilliant idea. Thanks for sharing it as I know my daughters will love it too.

Louise

3. Stunning says:

Love it!
    How cute – thanks for the tutorial!

4. ~*Jess*~ says:

So cute! I need to try this one. I love all the cute headbands but I'm always too cheap to buy them, for fear that I look like a dope and never wear them!

5. Love Stitched says:

ohhh i love this idea!! cute headband!

6. Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} says:

Really cute! I love it with the simple buttons. It makes it more everyday. I could see making another one with "special" buttons for a special occasion. Love the blog makeover, too!

7. Amanda @ Serenity Now says:

I love that headband. ­čÖé Very simple but chic project…a grown-up or a little girl could wear it and look sweet. I have a link for a project I used buttons with. The buttons ended up making the project for me! ­čÖé

8. mywifesstudio says:

Thanks..I need a couple of these for myself!!

9. Love the headband! And it looks super easy to make too!

10. This is such a fantastic idea! The headband looks fabulous! I love headbands, so I
    definitely want to give this tutorial a try. Thank you Ashley.
    Your blog is so beautiful =)

11. Love it.. it is so cute and simple plus with all the buttons out there it can be so versitile

12. CINNIBONBON says:

Pretty cool. Aren't buttons just the best crafty tool?! Thanks for sharing.

13. Heather says:

LOVE it! TFS!

14. Andrea @ TheTrainToCrazy.com says:

This would look great with mismatched buttons as well. Such a cute idea! Thanks for sharing.

I have a weekly Thursday blog party especially for people to share things they've made to be worn. Stop by if you'd like! It is called Make It Wear It and I host it at TheTrainToCrazy.com

15. That is great!!! This is headband I would actually wear! Thanks for the idea!

16. Jessica says:

This is a super cute idea! I'm starting a feature on my blog–if you'd like to be featured, visit me at homeandholidaykeepsakes.blogspot.com
    I'm a follower! Thanks!

17. nannykim/spindlecottage says:

This is so cute. I have never been able to wear headbands…they tend to hurt. But this is oh so cute.

18. Beverly @ FlamingoToes.com says:

Oh this is very cute! I really like it – thanks for the tutorial!

19. Kari @ Ucreate says:

Simple, yet oh so cute!
    I'll be sending my readers your way!

20. So adorable! Yet it still looks so elegant in all black.

I heart buttons too, especially covered buttons. I made this heart in an embroidery hoop recently (scroll down the post to find it). Thanks for the chance! http://sillypreciouspiggies.blogspot.com/2010/05/big-room-little-updates.html

21. Justine says:

This is super cute! It is definitely simple. I am going to try it after I collect some buttons ­čÖé

22. kirstin & jordan says:

Ooooh, LOVE this! Great blog, great tutorial…
    We'll be featuring you tomorrow, so come on by and grab a button!

23. kirstin & jordan says:

Ooooh, LOVE this! Great blog, great tutorial…
    We'll be featuring you tomorrow, so come on by and grab a button!

24. In 2002, iOffer revolutionized eCommerce by launching a transparent, negotiable marketplace.

25. Love it. Thanks for sharing

26. I wanted to write you one tiny observation in order to thank you as before with the beautiful guidelines you have shared here. It was certainly generous with you to deliver extensively all that some people would’ve made available for an electronic book to get some profit for themselves, certainly given that you might well have done it in case you decided. The advice additionally acted to provide a good way to know that some people have the same dream much like my own to find out a great deal more on the topic of this issue. I am sure there are some more fun sessions ahead for those who view your blog post.

Trackbacks

1. […] ┬áBayanlar ! kendimizin veya k─▒z ├žocuklar─▒m─▒z─▒n ta├ž modellerinde yeniden k├╝├ž├╝k bir de─či┼čikli─če gitmeye ne dersiniz ? Hayalinizdeki gibi diledi─činiz renkli ├ži├žekli, fig├╝rl├╝,d├╝─čmelerden ve ufak bir kuma┼č ┼čeridinden tutkal ile ta├ž modeline d├╝─čmeleri yap─▒┼čt─▒rmak isterseniz metal ta├ž modelinin ├╝zerini siyah d├╝─čmelerle yeniden ┼čekillendirmi┼čler. Nerede ? Burada yapm─▒┼člar. […]

2. Ask.Fm tracker