nest

Whatever Craft Weekend Part 1: The House, Swag & Crafts

giantchalkboard

You guys, I don’t even have words to describe this past weekend that I spent in Kansas at the Whatever Craft Weekend. I’ve attended many “events” and “activities” in my day, but this…THIS has been hands down my best experience yet.  Not a single detail was missed.

photo

We enjoyed several yummy-beyond-words meals made with love by this girl and were encouraged to embrace our creativity through several inspiring crafts by this girl. We were pampered to say the least (we weren’t even allowed to put our dirty dishes in the sink!). Best of all, we were amongst friends–many of whom had been strangers only days earlier.

6a00d8341c469c53ef017d42a0646b970c-650wiGroup Photo Cred to Meg.

I was lucky enough to be able to fly out with my dear friend Mique.  We arrived in Kansas (never thought I’d type those words) on Friday afternoon, were greeted by Meg at the airport, and drove to what would quickly become the most charming and inspiring home I have ever set foot in.  The Craft House–oooohhh, ahhhh.  For more photos of the craft house, check out this post. It was a bit overwhelming as I walked from room to room gawking over all the happiness.

mantle

stairs

crafttableThat awesome gum ball canvas is available in Meg’s shop–in case you adore it as much as I do.

snacks

Some midnight snacks. Craft fuel food.

shelf

With every turn there was something new to be discovered.

turquoisebed

This sunflower canvas is also in Meg’s shop.
Notice that little bee to the left of the flower–perfection.
After checking everything out downstairs, we ran up to see where we would be sleeping.  I had no idea it could only get better. Here was the room I stayed in with my pals: Mique, Kristi and Heather. We giggled every night until 3 am…yep, 3 am.

ourroom

Every bed had a vintage quilt and there was the best swag waiting on our pillows.   I get giddy just re-living these moments as I type. Details on all the swag will be posted on Meg’s blog–but I can vouch that it was all awesome.

bedswag

hoopart

nametag

My name tag was waiting for me at my designated craft area downstairs.

swag

And there was even MORE swag waiting for us in the craft area.

map

This sweet map shows where all the past attendees have traveled from. I’m so bummed that I forgot to add my own flag.

roommirror

Day One: airport and apron day.

whiteshirt

Day Two: antiquing, barn sale and crafting day.

sweats

Everyday: sweatpants and wolverine shirt day (my crafting attire). Comfiness encouraged in the craft house.

miqueapron

The first night is spent making the infamous ruffle apron.  Above is Miques–it’s incredible, like her!

dinnertime

This is a closer look at the massive, stunning, barnwood kitchen table where we ate our meals.

fabric

And here are the beginnings of a creation I made for my bedroom out of vintage sheets.

feltballs

I made a fun garland for my fireplace with these felt balls from Felt Foxes.
There were many more crafts, I was just too in the “craft-zone” to remember to take pictures.

miquemeg

Mique watching Meg teach us how to make a flower from old tee-shirts.
On the last day we all put on our aprons and took pictures before the treck home, sigh…

miqueandkristi

Mique, Kristi

megandashley

Meg, Me

roomies3

The roomies: Heather of Whipperberry, Mique of Thirty Handmade Days, Kristi of Barn Owl Primitives.
I know y’all have heard me gush about Mique’s blog and Kristi’s shop–but I’ve got to tell you that you will be equally impressed with Heather–her blog is bananas.

pamgarrison

Pam Garrison, Me.
This gal, Pam…let’s just say she inspired me.  Her motto: embrace the imperfections of our creative process.  Her crafting philosophy is also a life philosophy–and I love that.

roomies

More roomie pics.

roomies2

littlemissmommaapron

And a closer look at my ruffle apron, out front of the craft house.
Stay tuned for Part Two–the post about our Barn Sale, trip to a dairy farm and an antiquing outing.
A BIG BIG thank you to my pal Kristi for giving me this opportunity–meeting you in person was just what my life needed. Now move to Cali will ya?!

Mique
    April 10, 2013 at 12:55 am

Let’s go back tomorrow!! Love you. xoxo

kristi quill
    April 10, 2013 at 12:57 am

I want to go back! tomorrow! so happy that I finally met you in real life…three years…it was more than worth the wait!
    LOVE you! xoxo

Sarah M.
      April 11, 2013 at 12:34 am

Ummmm…how do I get invited to this? It looks so fun!

jeannett
    April 10, 2013 at 1:30 am

eek! can’t wait for my turn!!!! but what fabulous ladies will be there???!!!

joelle
    April 10, 2013 at 1:43 am

I was literally JUST talking to my husband and saying that someday I NEED to attend this weekend….I am so jealous!!! I need to add a NY flag to that map!! Hopefully sooner than later

SarahK
    April 10, 2013 at 1:44 am

Craft weekend was seriously one of the BEST weekends of my life….when I look at each new weekend, I get giddy with memories!! That house had the best spirit about it! Love love love!!

Cathy kelemen
    April 10, 2013 at 1:46 am

How does one get an invite to a weekend like that….sounds amazing!

karri
    April 10, 2013 at 1:55 am

I would love love love to go to a craft weekend sometime. It just looks phenomenal!

peta
    April 10, 2013 at 1:58 am

one day i might add a flag from Australia to that map …. 🙂

can I ask where your jeans (airport day) are from Ashley? Love them.

Michelle Jones
    April 10, 2013 at 2:34 am

No Kristi may NOT move out to CA! I need her and her creative inspiration here! 🙂 What a wonderful weekend, thanks for sharing so many photos so I can picture all the fun Kristi was telling me about today.

jodi
    April 10, 2013 at 2:52 am

How fun!!! I have just recently found out about Meg’s super cool weekends! I want to go so bad, hopefully someday I will be able too. What a fun experience!

jodi

Jeannette
    April 10, 2013 at 3:14 am

Where in Kansas were you? I live in Kansas! Overland Park…about 20 minutes from Kansas City.

Liz
    April 10, 2013 at 3:51 am

that looks like so much fun! i have seen posts from others at that same house. i love it! wish i could pack it up and make my house look like that. 🙂 i guess it’s the love in the home that matters… not all the awesome art, quilts, and thrift finds (those last things do make it nice, though). 😉

Nazzia
    April 10, 2013 at 5:20 am

Talk about creativity overflowing! This place looks awesome. I wish I can add flag on that map from India some day. Can’t wait for Part II.
    BTW, I have the same sweatpants in grey!

amy s (OH)
    April 10, 2013 at 1:27 pm

What an amazing experience! I’m so jealous.
    P.S. Where did you get your cute tennis shoes from?
    Love your blog!
    ~amy

Ashley Stock
      April 11, 2013 at 4:02 am

i got my shoes from Nordstroms in the kids section. Converse run in kids sizes but they will fit most adults up to a size 7–check them out 🙂

Amy S (OH)
        April 11, 2013 at 1:34 pm

Thanks!

Lisa
    April 10, 2013 at 2:56 pm

That looks like so much fun! I want to go! 😉

meg duerksen
    April 10, 2013 at 3:42 pm

it was a FABULOUS time! i am so glad you made it all the way to little old kansas! 🙂
    i am so happy you felt inspired at Craft Weekend.
    it’s such a fun place!

Kassi @ Truly Lovely
    April 10, 2013 at 4:35 pm

This sounds like the BEST time!!! I have attending something like this on my bucket list… someday! 🙂

Monica
    April 10, 2013 at 5:16 pm

You are so cute Ashley. I always leave your blog wanting to be happy and only see the good in life and in people. You are inspiring.

Kristen W
    April 10, 2013 at 6:10 pm

Looks like it was so much fun! Love the pics… And all of your outfits 😉

Kirsten
    April 10, 2013 at 6:41 pm

That looks like so much fun! If only it wasn’t so far away…I live in Washington state, which makes that quite the hike… 🙁

Sabrina
    April 10, 2013 at 7:04 pm

Is that a Bob Dylan tee you’re wearing????? If so, where’d ya get it?!?!?!?

Kati
    April 10, 2013 at 7:07 pm

Where in Kansas is this? Tell me more! I live in Kansas and I didn’t think there was much here other than KC….and I’ve seen your barn pics (on Instagram) and fell in love. It might be worth a drive to wherever that is!

Rachel
    April 10, 2013 at 7:28 pm

Yay I’m glad that you had such an awesome time!!

pam
    April 10, 2013 at 8:43 pm

You are soooo cute! Loved meeting you and know I’ll be seeing you and your gang of creative gals soon! Great photos, loved your recap here. Don’t you wish we were doing it from the start all over again? Went too fast. xoxo

Lis
    April 10, 2013 at 9:45 pm

Man, I don’t even craft and this experience looks amazing!

Ariane
    April 10, 2013 at 9:53 pm

Thanks for sharing, Ashley! I’m so psyched that something this awesome exists in real life! How cool!

kymberley fraser
    April 11, 2013 at 5:12 am

What an amazing trip you had! It looks like so much fun!! xo Kymberley

stefanie ann
    April 11, 2013 at 2:08 pm

brown wedges?!? LOVE. where are they from/maker?

Christina
    April 11, 2013 at 4:32 pm

I’m also in the KC area and would love a weekend like this! How do we sign up?!?! Who’s the craft house host? Thanks for sharing – my day has now been inspired!

Video2Brain – The Art of Craft Photography Tutorial
    April 11, 2013 at 6:12 pm

[…] Video2Brain.The.Art.of.Craft.Photography.part1 Video2Brain.The.Art.of.Craft.Photography.part2 Video2Brain.The.Art.of.Craft.Photography.part3 Video2Brain.The.Art.of.Craft.Photography.part4 Video2Brain.The.Art.of.Craft.Photography.part1 Video2Brain.The.Art.of.Craft.Photography.part2 Video2Brain.The.Art.of.Craft.Photography.part3 Video2Brain.The.Art.of.Craft.Photography.part4 Video2Brain.The.Art.of.Craft.Photography.part1 Video2Brain.The.Art.of.Craft.Photography.part2 Video2Brain.The.Art.of.Craft.Photography.part3 Video2Brain.The.Art.of.Craft.Photography.part4 Video2Brain.The.Art.of.Craft.Photography.part1 Video2Brain.The.Art.of.Craft.Photography.part2 Video2Brain.The.Art.of.Craft.Photography.part3 Video2Brain.The.Art.of.Craft.Photography.part4 […]

Michelle
    April 13, 2013 at 9:28 am

Awe!!!! So exciting you two finally got to meet in real life! (you & Kristi) and yeah for new friends! Looks like a blast and I’m so happy you got to experience it 🙂
    Now if only I could get some of that creative gene you have….

xoxo

Tracy
    April 15, 2013 at 3:36 am

Do they host these every year? I used to go to a few in PA but all the girls I go with have now moved and we don’t ever get to go. I would be very interested in finding a new one. (Also because most of my crafty blogging friends are in the UK!)

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke
    April 29, 2013 at 10:16 pm

What a fun summary! I love Mique, myself, and Heather puts out some fab blog posts…

issuu.com
    April 2, 2014 at 5:43 am

This will assist you to undock all of your features like
    plug ins, transport, and mixer so that you’ll be able to concentrate on your own track view without all
    of your panels inside the way. Technology and engineering methods are constantly evolving.
    One number of speakers maintain a clean and accurate sound, while the second group
    reproduces the sound with “color”.

Stacey
    September 17, 2014 at 2:30 am

Where are your adorable brown suede booties from? Love them!

www.museuvirtualbrasil.com.br
    November 9, 2014 at 7:15 am

The plain downside is its reaction to acidic and alkaline foods resulting in corrosion and spoiling the style
    of the food cooked. Also, food doesn’t brown as well in a nonstick pan. Washing
    seasoned iron cookware with soapy water will remove the non-stick coating.

Melissa M.
    November 23, 2015 at 11:42 am

Hi Ashley! I’m new to your Blog and I just love it! Random question but what brand are your blue sneakers in the photos above? I love them!

rshopweb