live

Three Days

Only three more days until Sawyer’s arrival. I had no idea I could be as excited and eager the second go around as I was with Lil W, but boy am I ever!  Sawyer’s room is still awaiting some fun goodies in the mail before I share it with y’all, but here is a little look into some of the details. I am pretty much obsessed with these elephant curtains c/o Drawstring Studios. I’ll show a full length shot of them when I do the complete room post. But for now, y’all can get 10% off Drawstring Studios with the coupon code: LITTLEMISSMOMMA (valid until July 15th). All the patterns are glorious and customizable. Good luck narrowing down a favorite.

I remember newborn diapers being super small. Or at least I thought I remembered. And then I opened this pack of Huggies and nearly cried at the adorableness of these tiny things.

Oh and baby Converse, yeah there’s pretty much nothing cuter.

**********

We’ve been spending our final days as a family of three in last minute preparations for our new addition. Sterilization, loads of laundry, diapers, wipes and of course Lansinoh.  We enjoyed a family BBQ on the Fourth of July, complete with watermelon and corn on the cob. We celebrated Lil W’s official 3rd birthday with a homemade strawberry cake.  And even took him to pick out a new Lightening McQueen backpack for his first day of big boy preschool tomorrow. Life is changing around these parts. And we’re just trying to keep up.

Adorable “Celebrate” banner from Lisa Leonard Designs.

Trisha @ 3 Four and Under
    July 9, 2012 at 4:36 am

Only 3 more days! So exciting! Those lemon bars look so good! Congrats! Hope everything goes smoothly on Wednesday! And the glimpses of the room look great! My husband and I have started a new business, and I have something to add to Baby S’s room soon!

[email protected]
    July 9, 2012 at 4:39 am

Love all these pics! That cake looks so good! And I LOVE tiny little diapers. Makes me want another baby. Good luck! Can’t wait to see pics!

Jennifer Dawn
    July 9, 2012 at 4:43 am

How exciting. Those pictures of the nursery got me all excited for you! Sawyer will love his new room, but most of all…I’m sure he will love his sweet family!

Alissa Circle
    July 9, 2012 at 4:45 am

Awww I love all these pictures!! Drawstring studios have some amazing picks for curtains, they do such an amazing job!!! Get some rest friend!

AbsoluteMommy
    July 9, 2012 at 4:50 am

I’m so excited for you and the details are perfect!!
    Enjoy these last days as three, but the best is yet to come.
    And I’m sure you’ve noticed but Lil W is one handsome guy! He’s getting so big.

jackie
    July 9, 2012 at 5:14 am

oh my GOSH, he’s so big! i can only imagine how your heart must have swelled looking at those tiny newborn diapers and remembering when little W was that tiny. i’m so excited for you and your sweet family to meet the new baby boy!

Alyssa
    July 9, 2012 at 5:19 am

I am so excited for you! Looks like he is going to have the best room ever! Good luck with delivery! I wanted to see if you would like me to make you a special little blanket! I crochet blankets and there is a super cute chevron pattern that I make! Let me know if you are interested!! (:

Emily
    July 9, 2012 at 6:16 am

I can’t wait to see the finished nursery! It looks fabulous already from the little pictures. Btw I have that same chevron pillow and it’s funny because mine was handmade but it looks exactly the same as yours.

Greta
    July 9, 2012 at 10:54 am

You always inspire me with your pretty style! I can’t lie – Sawyer is on my top 3 list for boy names — I have always loved it! Good luck with the birth — God bless you and your sweet little fam!

Michelle {the Momma Bird}
    July 9, 2012 at 11:18 am

Oh Ash, how can you post those food pictures for all of us to see (especially me, pregnant with twins!) and not have a link to the recipe! lol
    The room details look so adorable – fresh & bright – love it 🙂 I can’t wait to see the whole reveal!!
    xoxo

kendall
    July 9, 2012 at 12:50 pm

3 more days! Wow! SO exciting! Oh, and can I just say – the nursery looks so cute – I can’t wait to see the full photos! xo.

Colleen @paisleyblvd
    July 9, 2012 at 1:25 pm

You deserve a speedy and safe delivery after your pregnancy girl. Best of luck to you all and we can’t wait to see your new adorable addition to your gorgeous family! ps tiny chucks and toms are pretty much the cutest of all time. all time.

ashley
    July 9, 2012 at 1:35 pm

When did W get so grown up?! Crazy how time is flying.

Can’t wait to hear all about Sawyer’s arrival. 🙂

Hannah Odarve
    July 9, 2012 at 1:44 pm

I am sooo excited for your family and for Baby S. Will continue to pray for you! God bless you lady!

Kristin @ The O.C.D. Life
    July 9, 2012 at 1:58 pm

How exciting!!! I am so excited for you and your little family. Can’t wait to hear that Sawyer has arrived. I pray that you have a smooth delivery. ; )

Meagan
    July 9, 2012 at 2:36 pm

I’m so excited for you! I haven’t had a baby yet but I can imagine when that day comes, I will be over the moon. And I swear little W is getting cuter by the minute. I didn’t even know that was possible 🙂 Thinking about you this week and hoping that everything goes great with your delivery!

Andrea Worley
    July 9, 2012 at 3:00 pm

awe, so exciting! his room is beautiful so far! happy blessings to you and your family.

Jen
    July 9, 2012 at 5:04 pm

I really want a piece of that cake. Strawberries are my favorite. Sawyer is going to be born on our anniversary. What a great day 🙂

Liz
    July 9, 2012 at 5:53 pm

Oh boy, your little man is so handsome! Good luck with the birth!

Raven
    July 9, 2012 at 5:58 pm

The baby diapers!! I also forgot how small they are. Congrats on almost being a mom of TWO boys!

Carolyn
    July 9, 2012 at 6:20 pm

Wow, only 3 more days?! That went fast, but maybe not for you 🙂
    It’s easy to forget how cute the little diapers are! And then your little one becomes a giant when the new baby comes!
    Have fun becoming a family of 4!

Aleyta
    July 9, 2012 at 7:13 pm

We have those same animal blankets! (swaddles) They are the BEST!

Katie
    July 9, 2012 at 7:18 pm

3 more days?!? You must be so excited. I wish you a safe and speedy delivery and can’t wait to see little Sawyer.
    Did you make the sign “3 {days until} baby? It’s so cute!

Monkey
    July 9, 2012 at 7:28 pm

Counting the days by the minute… I am so excited to see my new grandson. Love you Baby, <3 Mom

Tara
    July 9, 2012 at 7:28 pm

Thank goodness I’m headed to the post office with your hoop today!! I’m so excited!!

Dani @ Me and My "new" Life
    July 9, 2012 at 9:07 pm

melt.my.heart…those diapers!

Sandy Ang
    July 9, 2012 at 9:59 pm

Congratulations ! How wonderful that the baby is coming soon.

Brittan
    July 9, 2012 at 11:09 pm

Oh my gosh he looks so grown up! He’s going to be such a great big brother!

Liz
    July 10, 2012 at 3:14 am

So fun! I know you *know* this, but you’ll never know how much your heart can grow until he’s in your arms. I’ll never forget that moment with Avery. Savor it.

LB

School Sparks Renee
    July 10, 2012 at 4:28 am

Super cute!! Can’t wait to hear the great news! Renee

Melanie
    July 10, 2012 at 5:06 am

WOW! How did the time go SO fast! I can’t wait to see him and his little nursery!!!! Rest up!! 🙂

Annie andersen
    July 10, 2012 at 4:45 pm

Hurry post your next love story segment before baby comes! 🙂

sims
    July 10, 2012 at 4:57 pm

The cake looks delicious. I guess it will be very exciting for you. Waiting for more posts on it.

Heidi
    July 10, 2012 at 8:02 pm

I can’t wait to hear the news and sending you lots of prayers and well wishes for a successful birth and healthy baby boy!

Rachel @ Polka Dots and Lemonade
    July 10, 2012 at 8:36 pm

I LOVE the sneak peek of the nursery decor! I have the ABC rug for my two girls, and it is absolutely adorable. Congratulations on baby number 2. My girls are 15 months apart exactly – it’s one heck of a ride, but super fun! 🙂

Angie
    July 10, 2012 at 8:54 pm

I am SO excited to see pics of this baby! Get lots of rest in the meanwhile! xo

Kassi @ Truly Lovely
    July 10, 2012 at 9:25 pm

AH! He should be here soon!!! Exciting! So that little red suitcase in one of the photos, I have that same one from when I was little!!! Only mine was blue! It was my go to grandma’s suitcase! 🙂

Jayna
    July 11, 2012 at 12:48 pm

I’m so excited for you! Good luck today, and CONGRATS! I can’t wait to see pics of your new little one 🙂

Trinnah
    July 11, 2012 at 1:18 pm

What an exciting time!! 🙂 I’m sure you’re ecstatic for the day to come. The nursery is looking good! Take care!

Jennifer
    July 12, 2012 at 6:45 am

I am uber excited for all of you!! God bless.
    ps. I read your blog all the time. When you started to share your love story and then you would end the post I wanted to hear more. You really know how to write.
    I hope these words make you feel good because that is my intention.
    I hope that you write and publish your book. I really would love to read it! whatever topic you write about i’m sure with your writing skills it will be magnificent! 🙂

here is a link about writing a book and getting it printed: (no advertising intended just sharing love. I don’t get money for link 🙂 )

Summer @ Made By Munchies Mama
    July 12, 2012 at 7:10 am

I can not believe how grown up W looks! Where does the time go…really, I want to know! The thought of Gav being in primary in January just blows my mind. He is still a baby in my eyes.

HERVE LEGER
    March 23, 2020 at 1:38 pm

As a signature French fashion brand, Black Bandage Dress has proven its worth in the fashion industry for catering nothing but high quality line of bandage dress.