celebrate

Our Valentines Day {moustache style}

This year I decided I wasn’t going to let
Valentines Day get the best of us.
No matter how simple our evening would turn out,
I was determined that we would do something romantic.
And that something romantic
{making chocolate covered strawberries together},
got a little out of hand.
Apparently the hubs decided
chocolate moustaches were much more romantic.

{still learning how to open his eyes for photos, but his dimples totally make up for it}.
How was your V-Day?
Wild and crazy?
Do tell, I must live vicariously through you…

Chrissy @ Boerman Ramblings
    February 23, 2011 at 7:40 pm

Mine was spent home sick with kiddos! and sick kiddos to make matters worse!!

I did receive a chic flick to watch while I was sick and some chocolates!

Your date looks way more fun!
    My husband never has his eyes open in photos either!

Karri
    February 23, 2011 at 7:41 pm

so cute and fun!

ilene @ muchloveilly
    February 23, 2011 at 7:45 pm

hahah this is so funny and cute! love it. vday was so fun – ryan came to visit so i enjoyed the time i spent with him 🙂

ilene @ muchloveilly
    February 23, 2011 at 7:45 pm

Erin
    February 23, 2011 at 7:48 pm

I made a nice dinner for hubby and the kiddos and had chocolate covered strawberries for dessert. I also got my new DSLR camera!!!

Ani
    February 23, 2011 at 7:48 pm

So cute!!! I had such a fun Valentines Day!!! Me and my hubby attempted to have a Romantic Date Night in our living room but we kept getting interrupted every half an hour by little footsteps!!! We had to keep it PG-13!!

Hoosier at Heart
    February 23, 2011 at 8:34 pm

I gave my husband a really stupid card, we ate popcorn for dinner, and watched some show about Nascar highlights on tv. Oh come on, don't be jealous!

Amanda
    February 23, 2011 at 8:52 pm

We went out to dinner the Saturday before V-day, and on the day, we ordered pizza and watched The Bachelor. hehe Gotta love life with kids!!

Life with the Websters!
    February 23, 2011 at 9:07 pm

It looks like you Valentine's Day was just perfect! We went to P.F. Changs and home to snuggle up and watch the Bachelor!

Mandi
    February 23, 2011 at 9:16 pm

We spent Vday at home with our kids! It was pretty lame and nothing like it was before the kids but there wasn't anywhere else I would have rather been!

Pedey @ Do You Smell That!!?
    February 23, 2011 at 9:49 pm

My hubs was on a 24-hour overtime shift so it was just me & the 4 kids… so I took them to the McDonald's PlayPlace. Ahhh… the romance you have to look forward to once you hit 10 years of marriage! LOL

You can call me...Beffie
    February 23, 2011 at 9:59 pm

At least HE opens his mouth! My guy smiles with his eyes wide, but will NEVER show his nice pearly-whites! How sad. 🙂 I think chocolate moustaches are very romantic. 😛

Audrey Crisp
    February 23, 2011 at 10:48 pm

So fun and cute!! Ours was not that wild…. I made heart shaped pizzas and that's about it…

Kassi @ Truly Lovely
    February 23, 2011 at 10:51 pm

I'm only telling you this to make you feel better… haha. My Valentine's Day was spent at home. In bed. With the stomach flu. Seriously! I would've taken the chocolate mustaches ANY day! 😉

Lori
    February 23, 2011 at 11:04 pm

Those chocolate strawberries look DELICIOUS. I was in godiva on valentine's day (late minute buying for my mom) and the strawberries were RIDICULOUSLY priced! But so many men were buying them..

penelopeblue.blogspot.com

Jennifer
    February 23, 2011 at 11:21 pm

Ahhh….I remember the days when we used to go out dressed to the nines to a chic spendy restaurant. Ever since having kids, we did what we have done every year for the last 8 years. Take the kids out to McD's w/playplace, fun meal for them plus they get worn out…then take them home and put them to bed early or at least right on time. Then order and pick up take-out from our fave restaurant and eat it on the floor on a blanket-picnic style, while watching a new release from the redbox! This has become our V-Day tradition….and I don't miss crowded restaurants with exhorbant prices any more.
    Jen

Jessie K
    February 24, 2011 at 12:15 am

My Vday… Hmmmm… Can't remember… Oh yeah! Hubby worked and didn't get home until 8 PM! Argh! He was pretty upset about it, too, so that made up for it a little bit. Luckily we'd spent quite a bit of time together the weekend right before.

Jessie K
    February 24, 2011 at 12:17 am

But we did go out to eat with the kids. And I made a heart shaped brownie pizza. I forgot that until now. It was short and sweet! 😀

kristy.lynn @ kristy.makes
    February 24, 2011 at 2:25 am

mine wasn't fabulous either… it surely didn't involve chocolate mustaches.. that certainly would have made things better.. but i did blog about it, if you really want to make yourself feel better 🙂

Hattie
    February 24, 2011 at 3:43 am

How cute! Looks like y'all had a great Valentines day! Those strawberries look sooooooo good!!!

Lexie Loo & Dylan Too
    February 24, 2011 at 3:45 am

Those pictures are so funny!
    We actually went out to dinner while my sister watched the kids. It was nice!

Lexie Loo & Dylan Too
    February 24, 2011 at 3:45 am

Those pictures are so funny!
    We actually went out to dinner while my sister watched the kids. It was nice!

Heather :: AFD Jewelry ::
    February 24, 2011 at 5:15 am

Too funny! You guys are a cute couple!!

Melissa Geoghegan
    February 24, 2011 at 6:32 am

So fun! I have to keep that in mind for next year! 🙂

Charisa
    February 24, 2011 at 6:59 am

just found your blog and I will be visiting often. :o) I have 3 wee ones, E1 is 4, K is 2 and E2 is nearly 4 months. I love being a momma and it's pretty dern obvious that you do to!!

Aretusa
    February 24, 2011 at 9:14 am

Your family is oh so beautiful!

melbry15
    February 24, 2011 at 2:05 pm

hubs went away a few days after VAlentines Day to see his family for a day. During the 27 hours he was gone, I finished our kitchen remodeling as a surprise for him! Here's the write-up:

The WholeFamDamily
    February 24, 2011 at 4:29 pm

um i made those on valentine's day…AND again last night, i may have an addiction for chocolate covered strawberries. your hubby is too funny and dimples ALWAYS make up for anything, you guys are so cute!!

Heather
    February 24, 2011 at 4:48 pm

I was at work interviewing an executive director candidate. SO ROMANTIC, right? Pffft.

Hope Zoll
    February 24, 2011 at 10:00 pm

So I've been stalking your blog for a couple of weeks now and I thought it was time to show some comment love! My hubby and I couldn't get a sitter so we had to drag a 2.5 yr old and an 8 month old out with us to dinner. We made no reservations and tried about 3 "nice" places that are kid-friendly (aka O'Charley's & Outback lol). All of which had hour and a half waits! With 2 hungry kids…? ummmm no thanks. SOOOOO we had a romantic V-day at chic-fil-a ;)Ahhhh to be parents

Hope Zoll
    February 24, 2011 at 10:03 pm

P.S. My hubs can't keep his eyes open for pics either! What's up our men ladies!?

Sabi
    February 24, 2011 at 11:58 pm

Although I don't really put a lot of effort into Valentine's day (it's just not that big of a deal to me), I do like to make it a little bit special. I also did a post about it onmy blog, check it out if you want 🙂 ( http://boladepensamento.blogspot.com/2011/02/dia-dos-namorados-st-valetines-day.html ). I thought your husband dah a great idea 😛 Your evening looks like a lot of fun! I'm glad you could enjoy your valentine's day 🙂

Amber
    February 25, 2011 at 4:43 am

I wish I could tell you that I had an amazing Vday—oh wait, I did! My son and I spent the night together eating Dino Chicken Nuggets and watching The Bachelor. Other than my husband being in Poland, it was a great night. Holidays change when you have kids and you just have to make them fun for them! I can't wait until we get to make Valentine Boxes for school!

Amber
    February 25, 2011 at 4:47 am

P.S I hope that you licked his chocolate mustache off for him!

.mommy.maui.
    February 25, 2011 at 6:21 am

Mmm! I love chocolate covered strawberries! I think they should have their own food group! HeHe! My Hubby surprised me with a night out! My mom watched our little boy and we went to The Melting Pot and stayed the night in a hotel! I love that I married such a romantic guy! 🙂

PeaceLoveApplesauce
    February 25, 2011 at 8:20 pm

Oh, how cute!!
    I had a great vday!!
    2 bouquets of roses delivered at work, a nice romantic dinner at my fav resaturates, a walk on the river.. it was perfect!!

Peacefully Hooked
    February 26, 2011 at 5:20 pm

my v-day was super fun! My honey and I made a fort in our living room and slept in it for almost a week!!

xoxo,