Sponsored Post spotlight

Petunia Pickle Bottom Launch Party

03-DSC_0594

I recently had a special opportunity to get together with a bunch of my favorite Southern California bloggers to take a trip down to the Petunia Pickle Bottom  headquarters in Ventura for a celebration of the Grand Opening of their flagship store AND the launch of their new Spring line. My Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag helped me feel pretty again after a pregnancy that took it’s toll on my body. So I can’t even begin to put into words just how exciting it was to be behind the scenes, in the mix, a part of the action–of a brand I have loved and admired since my induction into the Hall of Motherhood.

The bloggers met at my house before the party for some catching up and light refreshments. And best of all–each blogger got to pick out their very own PPB Train Case from the Spring Line.  I picked this one.

PPB, Home Details, Planter

Some little bites. Recipe for this yummy Farro Salad coming soon.

01-DSC_0633

Many of us bloggers hadn’t seen each other in a long time and some of us hadn’t even met in real life yet–so after all the hugs and how-do-you-do’s we loaded up into a few cars and drove up the coast to the new Petunia flagship store–right across the street from the beach in Ventura!

006

Above photo credit: Raya Carlisle Photography

039

Above photo credit: Raya Carlisle Photography

019

Above photo credit: Raya Carlisle Photography

087

Above photo credit: Raya Carlisle Photography

The PPB founder (DeNai Jones) and her team made all of these fun decorations by hand. Feathers, arrows, streamers galore.

085

Above photo credit: Raya Carlisle Photography

Pattern wall

My favorite photo of the evening. The beautiful design wall. I felt my creative wheels turning just looking at all these fabulous patterns and prints–and now I feel the need for a brick wall in my home.

The evening described in a single word–inspiring.
This event was about so much more than celebrating a handbag/fashion/accessory line.
This evening marked the celebration of  a dream realized.
Of a captivating and energized creative environment.
Of beauty and craftsmanship at it’s finest.
And of a new journey about to be embarked on…
Because Petunia Pickle Bottom isn’t just about diaper bags anymore.
And on the night of the party, we had the opportunity to see and touch firsthand, the new women’s collection of designer handbags and accessories launching this Spring. It’s safe to say I wanted everything! And I mean everything!

group 1

Andrea, Summer, Alissa, Me, Gillian

group 2

Mique, Me, Nina, Trisha

group 3

Lindsay, Me, Gillian, Jacqui

laptopcase

On my wish list, this laptop case.

24-DSC_0903

Jen, Andrea, Gillian, Jacqui, DeNai, Summer, Alissa, Lindsay, Me, Trisha, Mique, Nina, Nat

26-DSC_0933

Gillian, Jen, Me

laylagrayce

A bit of an added bonus to the evening was when this girl and I started chatting. It started when I told her that I was swooning over her outfit from across the patio, then we kept chatting… and come to find out she is one of the founders of Layla Grayce.  THE Layla Grayce! She could not have been more humble, down-to-Earth and real.  Such a gem! It was great to meet you Tiffany!

140_2

Above photo credit: Raya Carlisle Photography

But perhaps my favorite part of the evening was sitting down with the founder/head designer of PPB, DeNai Jones, and listening as she answered each of our questions about her new line, her creative process, and her insights about business and motherhood.  When I first met DeNai a few days before the party, I nervously held out my hand to shake hers as an introduction. She ignored my outstretched, trembling hand, and instead she gave me a big, warm hug.  She didn’t have to hug me in that moment.  In fact, most people probably wouldn’t have.  But her hug was deliberate–she was subtly telling me not to be nervous, reminding me that she is a real person too. Aside from being an inspiration and creative genius–she is a mom, a wife, a daughter and a friend.  My nerves vanished and my respect and admiration for her magnified in that moment.  Such an important lesson to be learned in the simplest of hugs. Thanks Denai–it was a pleasure!

135

Lifelong friends Korie Conant, Chief Marketing Officer, Petunia Pickle Bottom, and DeNai Jones, Founder and Head Designer, Petunia Pickle Bottom. Above photo credit: Raya Carlisle Photography

You can join Petunia Pickle Bottom here:

BlogFacebook /  Twitter / Pinterest

And I’m just loving this behind-the-scenes look at the new Spring line:

A Peek Behind the Scenes, PPB Spring 2012 from Petunia on Vimeo.

Kimmie
    February 16, 2013 at 5:54 am

I’ll have to swing by this store since I’m so close to it! It looks beautiful! (And so do all of you ladies!)

Krystal
    February 16, 2013 at 8:10 am

What a fun night! Any opportunity to get away with other moms sounds like a great time to me and the bags all look amazing

Caroline
    February 16, 2013 at 2:30 pm

what a lovely store!

Anna Vollmer
    February 16, 2013 at 3:09 pm

How fun! I’ve always loved their bags. My momma just ordered my diaper bag from them last week (she owns a baby and childrens boutique in Northern California and has carried petunia for years) Can’t wait to get it and can’t wait till our little one is here….only 20 more weeks or so!

Lisa
    February 17, 2013 at 2:58 am

What cute products! It looks like you all had a great time…

Heather
    February 17, 2013 at 8:58 pm

What a fun event! And I love your outfit and how you styled it! (And your hair looks amazing too.)

Lora Knight
    February 18, 2013 at 8:08 am

You are Gorgeous! I’m a friend of Jen (Delightful Deets) who only has wonderful things to say about you : ) I can only imagine how much fun all of you ladies had. Love the blog!
    xo
    Lora

kathy hanson
    February 18, 2013 at 6:17 pm

You look beautiful. Wish I looked that good after having a baby! Please, please tell me where you got that cute jacket!!! I’ll be waiting….

Bianca @ Track Pants and a Tot
    February 20, 2013 at 6:35 am

Looks like such a fun event! I wish I lived closer. I love Petunia & it’d be awesome to check their store out.

angel
    February 20, 2013 at 6:28 pm

I adore the table runner, Is that a weird thing to notice in the background? I wonder how she made it?

Sabrina
    February 20, 2013 at 7:20 pm

LOVE Petunia Pickle Bottom!! These bags are pricey (around $180), but worth it. They have a built in changing pad, can convert to a backpack (which is way more comfortable), and they don’t get dirty because you can wipe off the outside.

I recommend to everyone.

Summer @ Made By Munchie's Mama
    February 21, 2013 at 7:11 am

I seriously can’t thank you enough for the opportunity to come spend some time with all these great women! I had so much fun and could have stayed at dinner forever. Bonus: I got myself a brand spankin’ new diaper bag and matching wallet at half off!!!! Double bonus: I won the Ipad case they were giving away!! Made for an amazing night!

Mique
    February 25, 2013 at 9:29 pm

Totally missed this post- what a fun night! Thanks for including me! xoxoxo

Kimber
    March 1, 2013 at 2:18 am

This looks like a dream! What a fun time with some truly beautiful people! It doesn’t hurt that it is a brand I drool over daily 🙂

My Guy - grow - Little Miss Momma
    March 25, 2013 at 3:55 am

[…] me goodbye before I left for this […]

Julie
    April 14, 2013 at 3:19 pm

I have to admit after your post awhile back, I got a PPB Satchel. LOVE! I joked with my mother how it’s a diaper bag that makes me feel “like a REAL woman again”, (not a Mom that carries around a mammoth bag because that’s what you have to get to hold all the things you need to carry). No more worries about decking people (or little kiddos) when I turn around! I love it and it definitely carries all I need in a stylish way that even fits my kindle fire for an occasional second of me time. I’ve also had quite a few compliments on it and spread the word. Thanks again!

chinchilla rescue nc
    August 18, 2014 at 10:48 am

Since the admin of this web site iis working, no doubt very shortly it will be well-known, due to its quality
    contents.

how to blog commenting
    August 26, 2014 at 11:42 pm

Thank you for every other great post. Where else may anyone get that type of info in such
    a perfect way of writing? I’ve a presentation subsequent
    week, and I am at the look for such info.

Las Vegas Refrigerator Repairman
    August 31, 2014 at 8:21 pm

Link exchange is nothing elose except it is only placing the other person’s website link on your page at proper
    place aand other erson will also do same for you.

cost to charter a jet
    September 25, 2014 at 7:15 pm

WOW just what I was looking for. Came here by searching for private plane rental

tips for sell your home
    September 26, 2014 at 6:22 pm

Attractive portion of content. I simply stumbled upon your site and in accession capital to
    assert that I acquire actually enjoyed account your blog posts.
    Any way I will be subscribing for your feeds or even I fulfillment you access consistently quickly.