craft

Mod Podge Wall Art: display kiddos artwork

Lil W and I started Mommy & Me preschool.
And with preschool, came art projects. Art projects that make a Momma proud.
I decided I needed a cute way to display the precious pieces I bring home each week.

I also mentioned how I am slowly but surely re-doing Lil W’s room. Primary colors. Cars. Trucks. Balls. All things Boy.  So I thought this project would be the perfect way to hang up his goodies in his room–once my fridge iscompletely covered, that is.

3 wooden plaques {purchased at Michael’s}
Mod Podge
Sponge brush
Scrapbook paper
Crayon
Hot glue
3 clothes pins

1. Place the paper pattern side down on top of the wood plaque.
2. Use the edge of the crayon to trace around the edge of the paper in the shape of the plaque. This is so you know exactly how big to cut the paper.
3. Cut out three squares.
4. Apply Mod Podge to the face of the plaque.
5. Place the paper on the plaque and smooth out the bubbles.
6. Hot glue the clothes pin into place.

And that’s all there is to it–seriously.  I still need to add one of those thingies that lets me hang the plaque on the wall–and I probably should have done that before I made them, but I tend to work backwards, ah well.

My son, the artist.
Who ever would have thought that a little sponge painting and stacked square papers could bring tears to my eyes.
I guess that’s motherhood.

Happy Crafting!

Aileen Billdt ~ Lil' Buckaroo Designs
    September 16, 2011 at 7:54 am

Super cute idea!!! Jake and I started Mommy & Me preschool this week too and we are LOVING it!! I must say it never gets old to either read about (from awesome mommas like you) or talk to other moms that are going through the same phase in life as me! And I had to smile because we haven’t picked up a lunch box for Jake yet, but we saw the Elmo one like Lil W and that was the one Jake wanted to get. 😉

ana {bluebirdkisses}
    September 16, 2011 at 11:13 am

I love this! So cute!

Chrissy Boerman
    September 16, 2011 at 11:41 am

those are awesome.. great idea. thanks for sharing Ashley!

Jamie
    September 16, 2011 at 12:17 pm

Great idea! I might have to make some for my daughters playroom! Love the artwork!

aubrey
    September 16, 2011 at 12:45 pm

love, love this!

Aneta Kudasik
    September 16, 2011 at 12:51 pm

So adorable!!! I want to remodel my boys’ room. I have enough rooms for them to have their own, but I want them to share for now. I’m always looking for inspirations!

Thanks

Lindsay
    September 16, 2011 at 1:28 pm

Such gorgeous work Wesley 🙂

simle life
    September 16, 2011 at 1:34 pm

so adorable!! I love reading your blog for inspiration and simple thoughts of being a mom. you always inspire me!
    I would be honored if you would stop by my page and follow me
    thanks

Kristin
    September 16, 2011 at 1:35 pm

What a great idea! They turned out so cute.

Chrissi H
    September 16, 2011 at 2:03 pm

Cute craft! I think that I’ll do something similar to display my boy’s artwork. Have you ever posted pictures of W’s bedroom? I’m getting started on creating my son’s big boy room and need some more inspiration!

Lindsey S
    September 16, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Such a cute idea!

Katie @ My Darling Days
    September 16, 2011 at 2:34 pm

So stinkin’ cute, yet easy peasy. Great idea!

Maria-Isabel @Agape Love Designs
    September 16, 2011 at 3:08 pm

This is precious!

Jackie
    September 16, 2011 at 3:18 pm

oh that’s a great idea! and i can do that with any scrapbook paper to make it match my kitchen or something and put up different papers.

Malinda
    September 16, 2011 at 3:29 pm

Oh I love it!! I have one on my wall that says Every Child is an Artist and I hung picture wire then clipped mini clothes pins on it. I love displaying my girls work!

Mollie
    September 16, 2011 at 3:42 pm

This is adorable! my almost two yr old and I just started mommy & me preschool too! I’m with ya on the art, tissue paper on a cut out apple can make a girl SOO proud. wink wink.

Come check out our blog if you get the chance! http://www.yellowmedaisy.com

Thanks!
    Mollie

PeaceLoveTerri
    September 16, 2011 at 3:42 pm

Awwww…precious!!

Anna @ The Guiltless Life
    September 16, 2011 at 4:38 pm

Hahaha it’s so true! Things become so much more precious when you know they were created by someone you love! And that idea is adorable – I might make one for my room with a more grown-up scrapbook paper pattern and just use it to display purses or anything! Thanks!

Dyna Ly
    September 16, 2011 at 5:41 pm

LOVE IT!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Meli
    September 16, 2011 at 6:56 pm

I simply adore this. I can handle this project. And I must!!!! We have crafts and art work coming outta the wa-zooooo!!!!!

Kristen
    September 16, 2011 at 7:17 pm

Since I am horrible with crafts I usually just live vicariously through you but this one I may be able to tackle and I love it. This would be perfect for both of my girls and all of the many things they want to display.
    Thanks to sharing!

Simplegirl
    September 16, 2011 at 7:27 pm

Cute, cute, cute! I must do this for my little guy. Have a super weekend !

Mindy Harris
    September 16, 2011 at 8:47 pm

too adorable. i so need something like that. wildman and i did a flower artpiece where we used cupcake liners as the flower part…it needs hung!
    love your cute self and your cute blog. trying to talk the hubs into parting with me long enough for creative estates. would love to meet you but i’ll be at blogsugar too.

Stephanie @ 4eighteen.com
    September 16, 2011 at 10:36 pm

I love this idea. I’ve been trying to decide how I want to display My Girl’s art work too, this is perfect. I’ve never heard of mommy and me preschool. I like that idea, I’ll have to see if they have that near me.

mama marchand
    September 17, 2011 at 4:31 pm

Oh, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! I’m saving it for when my little N is big enough to make masterpieces. 🙂

brittany @lovestitched
    September 19, 2011 at 12:06 am

I think what kills me is that he is OLD enough to be doing “art” for a “preschool” aaaahhhh stop growing lil w!
    ps – HOT necklace 😉

Alyssa
    September 20, 2011 at 5:25 pm

So cute!! I have an idea….maybe you could paint a section of his “new” room with magnetic paint, then cover with his wall color…make these mod podge blocks into magnets and hang them there instead of putting wall hangers on them and hanging them on the wall that way? Just a thought, that I figured would be easier than trying to put hangers on them now that they are done…almost:)

Dopey LaRue
    September 21, 2011 at 5:43 am

These are SO cute! I can’t wait to make some for myself 🙂

How to Make a Fabric Memo Board - Little Miss Momma
    October 4, 2011 at 6:05 am

[…] room–a fabric memo board. Click here to see the DIY truck wall art project. And click here to see the DIY Children’s Artwork […]

Tia Perons
    October 12, 2011 at 10:28 pm

I’m in charge of crafts at my MOPS group, we just made something similar at our last meeting! We took a Lowe’s brand yardstick, drilled a hole at each end, glued 2 clothes pins–each pin had 3 silver rhinestones, then we gave each mom 3 clothes pins and they glued wooden shapes to those and painted them. We had metallic and primary colors. It turned out cute<3 we sent each mom home with 2 dry wall screw that way they had everything they needed.

Mod Podge kids art display - In the kids room
    October 14, 2011 at 8:52 pm

[…] Mod Podge kids art wall display […]

Boy's car and truck room: little miss momma - Little Miss Momma
    October 16, 2011 at 12:52 am

[…] Lil W painted this canvas and then I had it framed at Joann’s. Mod Podge Wall Art tutorial. […]

Elke Martinez
    October 16, 2011 at 4:42 am

Love all your idea! I’ll be breaking out the modge podge!

Elke Martinez
      October 16, 2011 at 4:43 am

oops! ideas:)

Mod Podge Amy
    November 10, 2011 at 1:13 pm

I really love these little plaques Ashley! What a great idea.

Melanie Cantelmo
    December 7, 2011 at 5:19 am

I really need to do something like this! We have art work everywhere 🙂

Freestyle Friday: The Princess Room « superMOMdel
    January 20, 2012 at 4:09 pm

[…] scrapbook paper with a clothespins attached, so the girls can hang up artwork. I got the idea from Little Miss Momma’s Blog. This is so easy and super cheap to […]

Freestyle Friday: The Princess Room | Home Electric Repair
    January 21, 2012 at 9:38 pm

Display your children's artwork. - Mod Podge Rocks
    December 24, 2012 at 2:33 am

[…] five kids? I have a sneaking suspicion! If you are a kids’ artwork keeper, then Ashley from Little Miss Momma has a great way to hang it using plaques and Mod Podge. I think these little plaques look fun and […]

Hold the Office
    September 15, 2013 at 3:54 pm

This is such a cute idea. I am just about to update my boys’ rooms as well and may want to do this:)

Nicole