grow

I Want to Be Your Super Mom

I want to be your Super Mom.

I want to be the Momma who finds the perfect balance
between being your parent
and being your friend.
I want to be the Momma who says yes
when you ask me to go out and jump on the trampoline,
or to build sand castles with you at the beach,
or get my hair wet at the pool,
or Ooo and Ahhh over your latest magic trick.
I want to be the Momma who throws the ball around in the backyard,
sings into a wooden spoon with the radio blasting,
and uses fun voices when I read your favorite books.
I want to be the Momma whose not afraid to make messes,
get my hands dirty,
or create a bit of chaos
all in the name of having fun with my little guy.
Then when you grow up and tell childhood stories to your own little family,
I hope that you will have fond memories
of my after school chewy chocolate chip cookies,
my perfect spiral football throw,
and the fridge I made sure was always overflowing with your artwork.
Because, thanks to this Momma’s Momma {your grandma},
I know how much the little things make a difference.
{our day trip to Underwood Family Farm}
*******************************************************
For updated information regarding
promotions on Little Miss Momma,
please visit my Advertising page HERE.
A limited number of sidebar button advertising will be available.

Lindsay
    May 22, 2011 at 3:18 am

I want to be a super Mom too!! It is so hard sometimes to find a healthy balance with all the pie slices of life.

-CUTE pics

Jamie
    May 22, 2011 at 3:18 am

I agree. I want to be supermom too. And the little things do count.

Ashley
    May 22, 2011 at 3:34 am

Same here. It's so hard to find the balance. So nice to know I'm not alone!

The Balch Bunch
    May 22, 2011 at 3:54 am

I think all good mommas want to be super mom. I think that means we care! Little things in life are what make up the big things! Finding a balance is so stinkin hard… if someone does it I hope they let me know how! 🙂

What a sweet day… Looks like yall had fun!

Amanda
    May 22, 2011 at 4:02 am

You are a super momma cause you spend every chance you get with him!!!! Underwood Farms is a great place! Have you ever been during the fall? It's really pretty 🙂

AlexandraRose
    May 22, 2011 at 4:26 am

You really did take the words right out of my mouth! I remember when I was growing up I always wanted to be the mommy who took time to play with her children, didn't care if her hair got messed up, and had yummy snacks in the kitchen 🙂 My hubby and I always say that we hope we're the cool parents when our son gets older…we want all the kids at our house 🙂

Lauren
    May 22, 2011 at 6:32 am

I was a big fan of your writing when I first found your blog but you have sucked me in more with each post. Its like you are writing from my heart on this one. I hope I can live up to being a mama like this one.

Meagan at Fairly Fabulous Blog dot com
    May 22, 2011 at 6:47 am

I LOVE Underwood! We used to live 10 minutes from there. Looks like you had a fun day. thank you for the sweet post reminding us all to focus on the little things.

Casey Martinez
    May 22, 2011 at 1:21 pm

You are a super momma!!! These pictures are too cute! love the queenie cow cart!! Looks like a really fun place!

The Balch Bunch
    May 22, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Also just wanted to say I am trying to win the stash necklace!! It would be perfect for the stash themed 30th bday we are going to!!

[email protected] Stitched
    May 22, 2011 at 4:06 pm

you are a super mom! you do it ALL and always so well! I think you are amazing! xoxo

becoming teacher misty
    May 22, 2011 at 9:02 pm

What a sweet momma. 🙂

Amanda
    May 22, 2011 at 9:32 pm

Such a sweet post!! Love those pictures too. You look blissfully happy, as does Mr. W.

ilene @ muchloveilly
    May 22, 2011 at 9:58 pm

when i grow up i want to be a supermom like you!!

p.s. love those boots!

ilene @ muchloveilly
    May 22, 2011 at 9:58 pm

when i grow up i want to be a supermom like you!!

p.s. love those boots!

Erin Elliott
    May 23, 2011 at 3:20 am

This is how I feel and I don't even have a little one yet!
    I can only imagine how this feeling will multiply when I have my own 🙂
    You are an inspiration.

AND I hope I can be HALF as fashionable as you when I am a momma!

Tracy @CherryBlissPhotography/AvaMarieCreates
    May 23, 2011 at 4:15 am

LOVE IT Ashley !!!! 🙂

Kristen Duke Photography
    May 23, 2011 at 1:10 pm

It is a tough balance, but keeping a little paper with something like this written down in a nearby spot, is a great reminder. I think I may just print yours out;)

Jessica
    May 23, 2011 at 2:39 pm

you look like rachel bilson in that first photo..(that's a compliment I think she's gorgeous)
    I agree, it's hard to find the balance, but it's the most important thing, even if the house is left a mess, they are going to remember the fun and not the chaos!

Laura
    May 23, 2011 at 4:18 pm

Darling post! Looks like you had a fun day with your little cutie! UF is such a great spot for kids, my in laws live five minutes away. PS I ordered two rings last week…LOVE them!!! Thank you!!

a boy a girl and a pug
    May 24, 2011 at 2:38 am

Love this so sweet…hope to be a super momma too one day. Also i just have to ask where your lovely sweater came from? Too cute

Erica @ Acire Adventures
    May 24, 2011 at 5:10 am

Super cute! We went to a farm last fall that had a "cow train" (as my son named it) like the one in your photos. It was his most favourite thing ever and he still talks about it to this day, eight months later!

Lexie Loo & Dylan Too
    May 25, 2011 at 6:37 pm

Great post! Baby W is blessed!

Lexie Loo & Dylan Too
    May 25, 2011 at 6:37 pm

Great post! Baby W is blessed!