craft

Anthropologie Lace Flower Necklace DIY

REPOSTED from a Guest Spot I had on Tatertots & Jello
{one of my favorite bloggy peeps of all times, just so you know}
I think I’ll spare you all the mushy details about the admiration, respect and general happy feelings I have towards Jen and the fabulous Tatertots & Jello  blog.  She is basically pure awesome {but you all know that}, so I’ll skip to the real reason I am was asked to guest post today…
To teach you how to make this super duper, crazy easy, Anthropologie inspired, lace and pearl bib necklace.
And this is me, Little Miss Momma {aka Ashley}, wearing said necklace and taking photos of myself through the bathroom mirror {I kinda do that a lot}.
I have a little blog where I like to write about my life lessons as a Momma-in-training {with some occasional crafting during nap time}.
And now, lets make a necklace together:
Here’s what you need:
Beige felt {about a square foot}
Pretty Trimming/Lace
Necklace chain {mine is 24 inches, but 18 works well too}
Pearls or other embellishments
Glue gun

First, cut out three felt circles in the size you want your lace flowers.
Cut one circle larger than the others–this will be the middle flower.

Apply a circle of hot glue around the border of one of the felt circles.

Apply the edge of the lace to the the glue.

Continue this process until you have glued down the lace spiraled all the way to the center. Cut the extra lace and glue down the end.

Glue down your pearl embellishments into the center of your flowers.
Now, lay out the flowers on top of the felt in the shape of your necklace.
Glue down the middle flower first.

Next, we get the chain ready.
Here is the chain I ended up using {not the same as the one in the supplies picture}.

Cut the necklace in half.

Apply hot glue to the back of the flower and lay about 3/4 inch of the chain in the glue.

Repeat the same step with the other chain piece.

Now turn over the flowers and glue them into place on either side of the center flower. Lastly, trim the remaining felt from around the flowers.
And that’s it!

Here is another necklace I made using a similar tutorial {click here}.
Happy Crafting!
xoxo,
-ashley

Jennifer
    December 31, 2010 at 7:25 am

OOh i remember this one! What a great tutorial! I have this bookmarked to make later =) Thanks girl!

xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

elise
    December 31, 2010 at 7:29 am

I used your grey necklace tutorial to make a necklace for my cousin for Christmas. She LOVES it. Actually, I loved it so much that I wanted to keep it. I'm going to have to try this cute lace one now.

nicole.
    December 31, 2010 at 7:37 am

i <3 the gray necklace.

Pink Princess
    December 31, 2010 at 8:02 am

Love them both ♥

Audrey Crisp
    December 31, 2010 at 8:40 am

This is how I first found your blog! Love love this! I could even make this and I'm not really crafty! Thanks for such a great tutorial! You rock!

nicole ...given
    December 31, 2010 at 9:13 am

um ashley you are probably the cutest girl i have ever seen. how did i not know about your blog before!

Mindy
    December 31, 2010 at 2:36 pm

How cute!

Stunning-
    December 31, 2010 at 4:31 pm

Super Cute!
    This will be my first craft of 2011!

Happy New Years Eve to you!

Sarah
    December 31, 2010 at 5:42 pm

Wow that's so cute!

Ashley
    December 31, 2010 at 6:49 pm

Thanks a million Miss Ashley, I had other plans today, but I think I will be making these necklaces instead hahahah these are fabulous!!!! Xoxoxoxo

amycornwell
    December 31, 2010 at 7:34 pm

Love it! I just made this one too. I'm a little hot glue crazy today. Thanks for the idea!

Mama Jill
    December 31, 2010 at 8:22 pm

ok can i just say shutup! ok 1. You look super cute in your green sweater! 2. I love this necklace!!! eeeek! 3. I am absolutely in LOVE with your blog! {not like stalker in love… haha} It is my new favorite blog! 🙂

Mrs Montoya
    December 31, 2010 at 8:35 pm

I found you b/c of the first necklace and now I want to make them both. SO cute! Happy New Year to you!!

Autumn
    January 1, 2011 at 4:44 am

So cute! Some day when I have time for all of these cute crafts….

AliLilly
    January 1, 2011 at 6:37 pm

WOW!! What a handsome lil man!! 🙂 I have to do this with my Alie!! Thanks for the inspiration! 🙂

Taren
    January 2, 2011 at 5:04 am

Gorgeous little guy you have!! He looks like a little Gap model 🙂

Kissy
    January 3, 2011 at 1:45 am

Where do you buy the chains for your necklaces?

Kassi @ Truly Lovely
    January 3, 2011 at 4:32 pm

Loved this the first time on Tatertots & Jello! Congrats on that by the way!!! 🙂 Happy New Year!

Ashley @ Little Miss Momma
    January 4, 2011 at 6:06 am

hi Kissy,
    This particular necklace I took from an old charm necklace that I never wear anymore. BUT usually I buy my chain from the jewelry section at Michaels or JoAnn's–they have tons of options 🙂
    hope this helps!
    ashley

Genevieve
    January 6, 2011 at 6:38 pm

Wow. Super cute and super crafty! I <3 your blog!

{:miss v:}
    January 19, 2011 at 7:27 am

Hi Ashley!

When I saw this I just had to make it! I went ahead and did so this evening and I'm having problems with the way it lays. The buds don't face the same, the middle one does fine but the outer ones face up and when I move it all falls forward and you can see the backside. Any tips on how to fix? Thanks so much! 😉

J Falker
    June 20, 2011 at 2:02 am

I just made it and had the same problem as miss v, I think I didn't use enough hot glue. I ended up flipping it over and hot gluing any part of the flowers to each other and to the felt that lifted up. I even cut another piece of felt (slim rectangle) and glued it to the back to add more security. It was way easy to make and can't wait to try others. Thanks so much!!!

Savero
    July 13, 2011 at 6:35 pm

try to imitate the way for this beautiful flower necklace. seems easy but once I start it needs a little special skills

Vikki (@shehascuteshoes)
    September 3, 2011 at 9:54 am

Made one sort of like this tonight thanks to your tutorial. Linked it up here.

Also am going to make the grey one when I get more hot glue sticks !

Love your blog too. Have been going through and reading random posts all day. 🙂

Vikki

jennifer adams
    September 15, 2011 at 1:24 am

thanks for sharing with us how to do this! I love these! Cant wait to do this myself! But I must ask where did you get that green sweater???

Beth
    September 26, 2011 at 8:11 pm

I would love to have the tutorial for the gray necklace too but when I click on your link it says the page is not found. Do you still have it on your site?

Susie
      January 2, 2012 at 7:49 pm

I would like the link to the grey one too! 🙂

How to make a jewel bib necklace and free template download: little miss momma - Little Miss Momma
    October 20, 2011 at 6:42 pm

[…] to use the template to make some other bib necklaces. Maybe a pom pom one, a button one, or a lace embellished one. If you use this template for a necklace, I would love to see how your project […]

Chelsea
    February 6, 2012 at 10:57 pm

I see other people are having trouble accessing the grey necklace tutorial as well. I would love a link to that one if you still have it available!

Anna
    February 15, 2013 at 7:02 pm

Loving this DIY! Am going to make tons of these and gift to all my friends!

Lace flower necklace | Stina's Visuals
    June 15, 2013 at 8:41 pm

[…] is the tutorial, image and link I followed to create my own […]

Lace Craft Roundup | Oops! I Craft my Pants
    May 13, 2014 at 10:46 am

[…] I am loving lace crafts lately! I love how it makes things feminine and dainty. Perfect combo. 1. Necklace.2. Pumpkins.3. Skirt. (she’s also my blog crush, FYI.)4. Headband.5. Balloons.6. Blue […]

Lace Craft Roundup
    May 13, 2014 at 11:33 am

used car reviews
    June 24, 2014 at 8:58 pm

used car reviews

Anthropologie Lace Flower Necklace DIY – craft – Little Miss Momma

lpntorn101.com
    August 23, 2014 at 3:17 am

I feel that is among the such a lot vital information for me.
    And i am satisfied reading your article. But should remark on few common issues, The
    site style is perfect, the articles is really nice :
    D. Just right process, cheers

store coupons
    September 14, 2014 at 3:13 pm

I’m not that much of a internet reader to be honest but your
    blogs really nice, keep it up! I’ll go ahead and bookmark your website to come back later on. Cheers

Structural Home Inspection Colorado Springs CO
    September 23, 2014 at 6:19 pm

That is really fascinating, You’re an overly skilled blogger.

I’ve joined your feed and look forward to in the hunt
    for more of your excellent post. Additionally, I have shared your web site in my social networks