craft

Scrunch Fabric Flower Pom Pom Headband TUTORIAL

Scrunch Fabric Flower Pom Pom Headband Tutorial
{NOsew step-by-step instructions}
{{featured on Headband Week}}

Ready to learn how to make your very own Flower Pom headband?!

Here’s what you’ll need:
About 20-30 circles cut out of the fabric of your choice {about 1.5 inch circles}
Elastic Headband {purchased at Target}
Hot glue and glue gun
Scissors
Felt
Let’s get started!
Cut out one felt circle in the size you want your pom pom to be.
Take one of your fabric circles and scrunch from the middle.

Add glue to the end of the scrunched portion.

Place glue-side down on the center of the felt circle.

Continue to add the scrunched fabric circles around the center one.

…and add some more.

and some more…

and more…

Until voila! You have a full and fluffy pom pom!

Now flip over your pom and grab your elastic headband.

And glue your headband to the center of the pom.

Then apply the second felt circle on top of the headband to cover the band.

And now you have a fun pom headband!

Stay tuned for more fun tutorials on HEADBAND WEEK at Little Miss Momma!  And come back on Friday to link up to our first linky party EVER, for all things headband related!
Happy Headbanding!
I will be linking this project up to these fab link parties!

t & e
    August 31, 2010 at 8:09 pm

k so if you make these for me i will send you money, haha! i'm so not crafty-still haven't finished the headband i started at the beach house. i love it all!

t & e
    August 31, 2010 at 8:09 pm

Emby The Brat
    January 21, 2011 at 8:11 pm

you have NO idea how long I've been searching for this tutorial!!! THANK YOU

Stephanie
    February 20, 2011 at 10:16 pm

Thanks for the tutorial! I used your idea for the pom pom flowers to make flowers to embellish a shirt! Here's how it turned out! 🙂

jamie.
    March 26, 2011 at 11:19 pm

love this! definitely going to be using it to make some hair clips in the near future 🙂

jamie
    somedreamingstate.com

Anna
    March 28, 2011 at 12:07 am

do you glue the scrunched pieces of fabric all in the center at a certain point? or does it matter where you put the pieces?

Ashley @ Little Miss Momma
    March 28, 2011 at 4:46 am

start glueing from the center and then work your way out. hope this helps!

xoxo, ashley

Anna
    March 30, 2011 at 1:02 am

Yes, Thanks! I tried making it before, but they ended up very tight. I tried it again after you responded and they turned out super cute! You are so creative and you always seem to make everything look perfect! 🙂

Liz
    May 5, 2011 at 3:37 pm

I just made this last night and I blogged about it on my blog. I linked you yours just so you know. Thanks for the lesson!!

Kristina
    May 15, 2011 at 4:43 am

I found your blog and the pom pom headband tutorial from Keepin it Thrifty. As I clicked the link to head over to your blog I was chanting in my head, please, please, be no sewing. AND THERE WASN'T, WOO HOO. So you have totally Inspired ME to try something new. I have a daughter who I am going to make some version of this for. Oh and a necklace for ME!

Thank you for sharing your ideas. I have soo much to read on your blog, your newest follower…..
    ~Kristina @ inspiredgoods.blogspot.com

Mrs. Sassy Crafter
    June 9, 2011 at 2:00 pm

I looooove this headband! I'ma new follower, found you at Fabric bows and more. Have a great day!

Adam Thomas
    June 27, 2011 at 10:31 am

Thanks for post..
    findmeaflorist.com.au is a local Australian business florist directory. It provides the better quality florist and flowers (send flowers and find flowers).
    Flowers

Anonymous
    July 5, 2011 at 10:15 pm

I just made this with white denim and LOOOVEED IT! I love all the great craft tutorials u put up!

Perfect Wedding
    August 7, 2011 at 6:32 am

I will be back soon and follow up with a response.

August 22, 2011 at 9:49 am

Websites we think you should visit…

[…]although websites we backlink to below are considerably not related to ours, we feel they are actually worth a go through, so have a look[…]……

buy celexa
    August 24, 2011 at 4:40 am

Really great article with very interesting information. You might want to follow up to this topic!?! 2012

Carrie
    September 15, 2011 at 12:45 pm

Off to make my own…Love this and it looks so easy. Found this on Pinterest and just repinned. Thanks so much!!!

Laura Lambie
    September 28, 2011 at 12:05 pm

thank you, I will be making one of these today

Pom Pom Bib Necklace Tutorial: Little Miss Momma - Little Miss Momma
    October 15, 2011 at 7:40 am

[…] Miss Momma * 102 Comments Pom Pom Bib Necklace Tutorial {totally anthro-esk} Do you remember my Pom Pom headband tutorial a while back? It was kinda a big deal {hehe}. So, after a craft fest with my girl Brittany, I was […]

summer
    October 19, 2011 at 5:31 pm

Thank you so much for this tutorial. I use these pom poms all the time in my crafts now! I always make sure to link back to your tutorial and give a shout out!

DIY Pom-Pom headband! | Thankfully Thrifty
    November 19, 2011 at 11:23 am

[…] used this tutorial from Little Miss Momma that I found on Pinterest. It was super easy. No sewing required. Took me 15 minutes […]

kendell
    November 29, 2011 at 10:44 am

Thank you ever so much for sharing this tutorial. It is really appreciated.
    I am sure my grand-daughter will love these ie, when I get time to make them. Kindest regards

Heather
    December 4, 2011 at 2:28 am

This is so cool! I have lots of fabric and a baby girl who will look so cute with these flowers. Where do you get elastic for the headband?

Fabric Flower Pom Pom Headband « Glue Gun Queen
    December 21, 2011 at 7:58 am

[…] resist myself and made a bunch of these adorable headbands. I found the Pom Pom Headband Tutorial here on the Little Miss Momma Blog. Here are some of the headbands that I made…I think they […]

Sarah Kallio
    January 17, 2012 at 5:52 pm

What fabric did you use? Does it fray and is that ok? Love them!

phil
    February 6, 2012 at 3:18 am

Super cute. Love it

Ramya
    February 14, 2012 at 5:20 am

Beautiful… nice choice of color…clean tutorial

Pom Pom Hair Clip – Pinterest Challenge
    March 22, 2012 at 1:49 pm

[…] up, maybe the pom pom headband. Or making more pom poms and embellishing a […]

utamii
    January 3, 2013 at 9:41 am

woooow… it looks very pretty 🙂

utamii
    January 3, 2013 at 9:42 am

wooow… it looks very pretty 🙂

explainer videos dubai
    April 23, 2014 at 2:20 pm

Hi this is kind of of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to
    manually code with HTML. I’m starting a blog soon but have
    no coding expertise so I wanted to get guidance
    from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Las Vegas Refrigerator Service
    August 30, 2014 at 11:28 pm

Hello i am kavin, its my first occasion to commenting anywhere, when i read this piece of writing
    i thought i could also create comment due to this good
    piece of writing.

Throw a Sustainable birthday party for your child
    March 6, 2015 at 7:38 am

[…] an alternative to hats make these cute no sew fabric head bands or pom pom head bands for girls. You can use other natural materials for the head band as […]

harga besi plat strip 4mm
    March 22, 2016 at 8:19 pm

k so if you make these for me i will send you money, haha!