eat

Grandma’s Authentic Tomatillo Salsa Recipe

This is Grandma Michelle. She’s my Momma. And she lives in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. We had the chance to visit her twice this year and both experiences have been magical (more on those visits in a future post, stay tuned).  In the last year and a half that she has lived in Mexico, she has spent time learning to make authentic Mexican dishes from scratch. And there’s nothing I love more than authentic Mexican food.

Her salsa is NEXT level! Today I’m sharing her fresh tomatillo salsa recipe. I LOVE a good green salsa!

4.0 from 3 reviews

• 1 jalapeño
  • 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
  • ½ large white onion
  • Juice from 1 lime
  • Salt to taste
Instructions
  1. Steam chilis and tomatillos for 10-15 minutes until they turn olive green.
  2. Blend tomatillos and jalapeño and lime juice until puréed.
  3. Add chopped onion and cilantro and pulse 3 times.
  4. Salt to taste.
  5. Enjoy!

Hannah
    June 13, 2018 at 11:22 am

I’m so glad you’re back!! And congratulations on your sweet little girlie! Looking forward to more posts. 🙂

Movies 123
    July 4, 2018 at 1:11 am

Wow, this looks delicious. Thanks, will try it for sure.

Gina Alexander
    July 6, 2018 at 1:00 pm

Hi, Ashely, I was one of your nurses when Sawyer was born, then I “visited” you when Stevie entered the picture. We just got back from Riviera Maya, and visited Playa del Carmen. We had SUCH an amazing time, me, my husband, and 15 and 18 yr old daughters!!! We want to go back asap!! Stevie is such the feminine version of your handsome boys!!! I love following you and your adorable family, and I am so glad you started posting again 🙂
    Much love to you!!!
    Gina

Ashley Stock
      July 13, 2018 at 9:13 am

Oh sweet Gina, I think of you often! So so so nice to hear from you! And wasn’t Playa the absolute BEST!!! Where did you guys stay? Miss you! Are you still at Los Robles?

Gina
        November 26, 2018 at 11:08 am

Hi, Ashley, so sorry but just seeing this…. we stayed at the Hard Rock in Riviera Maya. Everything about our stay was positively magical, from the pyramids to the cenotes, and everything in between. I just celebrated 15 yrs at Los Robles….. and meeting people like you and your adorable family is one of the main reasons I love my job!

world4ufree
    July 27, 2018 at 12:22 am

wow great everyone should give it a try

Hotmail.com
    September 4, 2018 at 3:13 pm

very good. Thank you for sharing!

Christopher
    September 5, 2018 at 7:20 pm

It is very important that what you write.