craft

Quick DIY: Faux Gold Deer Bust

deerbustgold

golddeerbust

This golden faux deer bust only took me 5 minutes to put together. Sorry it isn’t styled or hung up yet, but I’m saving it for over my mantle at Christmas time. I stumbled upon this paper mache bust at Joann’s and HAD to have it.  Then I grabbed a can of gold spray paint and this cool log plaque (both also from Joann’s).  I spray painted the bust and then used hot glue to apply it to the plaque. Done and done. Now imagine this bad boy with bunting tiny draped from his antlers.

02-DSC_0909

03-DSC_0911

04-DSC_0915

05-DSC_0916

deerbustinframe

BROOKE WHITE
    October 17, 2013 at 11:53 am

smarty! This is so great! Good work, i’ll be over next week to make one 😉

Bridget Goldsberry
    October 17, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Where did you find the paper mache deer?

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss
    October 17, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Love this!! I already have gold spray paint and a wood slice – looks like I’ll be making a trip to Joann’s tomorrow for the deer! XO!

anne
    October 17, 2013 at 5:22 pm

Dear Ashley,
    I’m French and follow you for many years now ! I’ve even ordered a “Keep Calm” cushion from you etsy shop !
    I’d like to know where did you find this perfect deer I wish it was mine ?!
    I’m desperate to find something similar, French are less crafty than you I guess…!
    I really like reading your blog,
    Cheers, Anne

Sara @ it's good to be queen
    October 17, 2013 at 7:13 pm

I *love* this!! what a fun project. I have been wanting to have some kind of antlers and this is perfect. Thank you for sharing. 🙂

Krista
    October 17, 2013 at 9:36 pm

Love this idea!! Looks super easy too. I’m going to have to try something like this for the holidays!

Melissa
    October 17, 2013 at 10:33 pm

Ashley,

Thanks for sharing..I’m going to run out and get this bust!…..lol

Jenna
    October 17, 2013 at 11:00 pm

Where did you get that amazing frame? I’m constantly looking for frames like that and can never find them.

Erin
    October 18, 2013 at 2:26 am

I’m hitching a ride with Brooke.

Melanie @ Last Legs
    October 18, 2013 at 3:58 am

I absolutely adore this idea! It is so cute and I love how you paired it with the pretty yellow frame.

Michelle
    October 18, 2013 at 8:26 am

I love this! I checked our Joann’s in Oceanside and they don’t carry the deer busts. I don’t see that they sell them online either. If you don’t mind which Joann’s did you find it at and which section was it in? Thanks

Holly
    October 18, 2013 at 10:30 pm

Perfect and love it!!! I might have to go to JoAnns now!! 🙂 Hope you have a great weekend! xo Holly

Sarah
    October 22, 2013 at 11:14 pm

I just went out and bought this last night – half off with a coupon too!. I’ve been looking for an affordable deer bust for awhile. It will be getting some paint and glitter and going above our bed. I’m so glad you found this or I might still be hunting for one of these.

Heidi
    October 26, 2013 at 10:26 am

Love this! Just went on the Joann website yesterday and bought three. Went back today to get a couple more and it says item no longer available 🙁

Mine for the Making Pinterest Feature Friday » Mine for the Making
    August 8, 2014 at 10:06 pm

[…] Faux Gold Deer pinned from Little Miss Momma is so super fun and I love that bright frame around it! I need to hunt up a paper mache […]