It’s that time again! Welcome to the blog hop featuring 10 of our favorite creative bloggers. This month’s theme is all things HONEYCOMB. There are so many fun projects to choose from- recipes, decor, Halloween related and more! We’d love for you to pin the collage below, check out my Honeycomb Dish Cloth Project and then go see all the other fabulous projects created by some of our friends. Make sure to come back on the 10th each month for more.
To see each fantastic HONEYCOMB project up close, join the Blog Hop!
- Happy Fall Printable with Honey Popcorn from Thirty Handmade Days
- White Honeycomb Pumpkin from eighteen25
- Flavored Honey Butters from Your HomebasedMom
- Honeycomb Frame from Landee See
- DIY Honeycomb Dish Towel from Little Miss Momma
- Triple Honeycomb Crunch from Capturing Joy
- Honey Lemon Sugar Hand Scrub from Six Sisters
- Utah’s Top 10 Family Activities ~ The Beehive State! from Or So She Says
- Honeycomb Patterned Pumpkin from Lolly Jane
- Honey Nut Pie from Simply Kierste
This is just about the quickest and most simple craft ever–my favorite kind of project. And the perfect way to add a little flair to an ordinary dish towel. It’s not perfect and I like it that way
A simple dish towel. I bought this one from Ikea for super cheap.
Fabric paint or acrylic paint combined with a textile medium (also found on the paint aisle).
Sponge paint brush.
Thick cardstock to make a honeycomb stencil.
Craft cutter such as a Silhouette.
I used my Silhouette to cut out a Honeycomb stencil with cardstock.
I used washi tape to secure the stencil in place. Painters tape would also work well.
I was out of sponge paint brushes so I actually put paint on a paper towel and dabbed it onto the dish towel. Because the stencil had such thin lines I had to be very carfeul to work slowly and hold down the skinny pieces with my hand as I painted.
Then I lifted the stencil carefully and allowed the paint to dry. That was it. I would love to make a set of these in a bunch of different colors. I think it would make a fun house warming gift.
Latest posts by Ashley Stock (see all)
- Multi-Tasking - January 27, 2015
- This Is My Year - January 2, 2015
- A Beautiful Mess: Tour of My Happy Place & HUGE Giveaway - December 18, 2014