craft

Family Conversation Jars

how to make conversation jars collage

table topics

This project has been at the top of my “excited-to-make” list for quite some time now. I love the idea of clever dinner conversation starters and I think these fun jars can also make the perfect little gift. These are super simple and I’m sure you guys can come up with far more clever ideas for decorating these jars, but here is the quick scoop on how I made these ones:

1. Gather supplies: scrap paper, 8.5×11 card stock to print questions on, large mason jars with lid, fabric or ribbon trim, glue stick, scissors, hot glue.
  2. Take apart the two-piece mason jar lid. Trace out the inner circle onto a piece of your favorite scrap paper. Use the glue stick and glue the paper to the lid.  Put the two lid pieces back together.
  3. Use the hot glue to glue down the trim around the perimeter of the mason jar, just below where the lid screws on.
  4. Print out your  questions/trivia on your card stock and cut them out into strips. Fold and place in jar. HowDoesShe.com has a ton of FREE printable conversation starters all ready for you.
  5. And that’s it! You can embellish added goodies how ever you want. Maybe a cute gift tag or a label with the family last name. I would love to see pictures of whatever you come up with.  Leave a link in the comments.

decorate mason jars tutorial

family conversation starters

family dinner conversations

mason jars decorated

how to conversation mason jars

Sabrina
    August 7, 2013 at 8:28 pm

Love it! What a great way to get families to really talk!

Shadia Brown
    August 7, 2013 at 8:32 pm

Love this idea and love how the jars look! Thanks for sharing!

Holly Nelson
    August 8, 2013 at 3:56 am

Oh wow – this is such a fantastic idea! It lookd fabulous. I wish you hours of fun for your efforts!!

Melissa
    August 8, 2013 at 1:52 pm

These are so cute!!!!

Shirley
    August 8, 2013 at 9:43 pm

I wish I would have thought of this when my children young (They are married). Thanks for sharing.

gillian greding
    August 9, 2013 at 3:14 am

These are seriously adorable and so fun!!! I love when you craft!

Shannon (@DESUnion)
    August 10, 2013 at 7:40 pm

This is such a great idea to go beyond the boring how was your day. I am going to employ my slaves…I mean kids to help create a fun jar for our dinner table.

Shannon
    Domestic Engineer’s Union

Sammie L.
    August 18, 2013 at 5:33 am

This really is a great idea. I recently bought a jar like this from Joliday Jars on Etsy. It was awesome!. I ordered the Bible Verses and it was filled with almost 400! Price was really low for all the work that goes into these plus they have tons of themes to choose from. thanks for all your wonderful work on this blog–you have great ideas:)

Carla Bosteder
    August 19, 2013 at 8:01 pm

I’m thinking of adding something like this to my daughter’s wedding reception. I have to come up with just the right questions as it is a Christian gathering with lots of her college friends. 😉 It could really help keep the conversations going – even with the DJ and the food!

Eddie_the_Eagle
    January 18, 2018 at 4:52 pm

Right now am using this special feature of Microsoft and suggest other windows 10 users to come here and learn how to enable this amazing function in to their computer system.Click over this https://heycortana.me/ and get the access to activate this.thank you so much to share this.