grow

captainadorable

bike1

7-DSC_0829

momsawyersplash

sawyersplash

1-DSC_0781

I’m not sure who loves the new chalkboard lunch box most–me or Wes.  I get to write him a new note every day. And every day he comes home with a big smile on his face and “reads” me the note.  I feel so blessed that he has teachers who take the time to read my notes to him so that he can know how much he is loved.
1-BYB Lunch Box, Sheet, FoxChalkboard lunch box c/o: Rockey Paper Company
15% 0ff with the code: LMM

photo copy 2Crib sheet c/o: Ivie Baby
Ninja shirt c/o: Bobo and Coco

These boys.
Wesley turns 4 on Monday and Sawyer turns 1 on Thursday.
I’ve had so many mushy-gushy, sentimental momma-thoughts swirling around in my head these days.
Something about impeding birthdays does that too me–makes me think, a lot.

Thoughts about time passing by too quickly.
Thoughts about the boys growing up too fast.
Thoughts about bottling up their baby smell and their high pitched voices.
Thoughts about working to see the beauty in the daily mundane.
Thoughts about doing whatever it takes to be the momma they deserve.
Thoughts about living in the moment.

And something I’ve learned in the process of all this thinking…
That there’s a fine line between thinking too much,
and filling yourself with thoughts that remind you what matters most.

Here’s to a week of recognizing what matters most.
Two special birthdays–and our 7 year wedding anniversary.
A week spent celebrating the three BEST days of my life.

Holly Nelson
    July 7, 2013 at 10:21 am

Love that chalkboard lunchbox idea! Your little boys are adorable. It is nice to be aware of the things that matter in life! It is sad that time goes by too quiCKly but you are such a great Mom and are making memories those little boys will never forget – little ones grow up but their feelings towards their Mothers never materially change!!

Lisa ~ The SweetTalk Shop
    July 7, 2013 at 12:21 pm

Your boys are adorable!!! Makes me wish blogging was around when they were small so I could have captured all that was going on in thier lives through the computer. We have tons of photos and I could fill a room with scrapbooks and my bank account with the money I spent on them all.
    Happy Celebrations to you and your adorable family!!!

Ariel @ Dreams To Do
    July 7, 2013 at 3:15 pm

What?! I’ve been following your blog for a couple years now and I never realized that Wes and my daughter Leila have the exact same birthday! I can’t believe she’ll be 4!! I’ve been a little bit emotional about it and I can’t imagine having a kiddo turning 1 the same week! So bittersweet! But such a special week for you. Soak it up. And happy anniversary, too! I always love and appreciate your words so much!

Erin @ The Grass Skirt
    July 7, 2013 at 5:15 pm

These are beautiful pictures. My 8 month old has a Captain Adorable shirt, and I just love it. 🙂

brenda
    July 7, 2013 at 6:26 pm

while each and every stage a growing child enters is an exciting adventure , this 4 yo one is so wonderful. be prepared.. I would venture to say from the photos it is already begun!!

Meghan
    July 7, 2013 at 8:10 pm

Happy Birthday to your boys!

kashoan
    July 7, 2013 at 8:54 pm

Wow! Time sure does fly. How is Sawyer going to one? 🙂 I love reading your Mommy posts on here. I am proud of you and all that you are doing with your sweet family. Keep up the great work. Enjoy your week of celebrating!

Mique
    July 7, 2013 at 10:23 pm

I’m plastering this ——–> ” there’s a fine line between thinking too much,
    and filling yourself with thoughts that remind you what matters most” on my wall! It’s easy as an over-analytical thinker to think WAY too much. I need to stop, take a deep breath, and focus on the most important things.
    Here’s to a fun week! Lots of love to you and your cutest family!! xoxo

Tahnie
    July 8, 2013 at 1:40 am

Oh Ashley, how I needed to read your sweet words today. Not only are they a reflection of your life and where you are right now, I’m reading and relating them into my own little world of thinking too much and stressing too much about the future and the scary heavy stuff. Happy Birthday to your boys and Happy Anniversary! Enjoy the big moments, remember the details and embrace everything in between.

Much love and many blessings to you!

Tracy
    July 8, 2013 at 2:15 am

I can absolutely relate to all of the above and how birthdays bring so much reflection. My boys, who just turned 5 and 1 in April, are constant reminders of that. It’s so bittersweet to see them get bigger and more independent, and I want to bottle up every single moment, no matter how small. Being a mom is the best but also the most emotional job on earth.
    Happy Birthday to your boys! And Happy Anniversary to you and your husband as well! 🙂

Sabrina
    July 8, 2013 at 3:58 am

I feel the exact same emotions, as my baby Penelope’s birthday is coming up on Tuesday. It’s hard to let go, but at the same time I look forward to watch her continue to grow. My baby will officially be a toddler, but always my baby girl!

Sabrina
    July 8, 2013 at 4:07 am

Rocky Paper Co. Discount code is not working 🙁

Ashley Stock
      July 8, 2013 at 5:21 am

I am so sorry about that! the correct code is LMM, not LMM15.
      Let me know if you are still having trouble.

Sabrina
        July 8, 2013 at 7:15 pm

Works now….thanks! I just had to get this for my nephew who is starting Kindergarten this year 🙂

Michelle
    July 8, 2013 at 10:58 am

awe what a beautiful time for you!!! Birthdays are such special occasions and now I understand why my Mom always got so sentimental on ours. Nothing will ever be better than celebrating the life of your little ones each year 🙂

[email protected]
    July 8, 2013 at 4:18 pm

Oh my goodness! July is a busy (but fun!) month for you. Congrats on the anniversary and happy birthday to your boys 🙂

Melissa
    July 8, 2013 at 5:30 pm

Aw, they are so adorable! Those grins! And I love that lunchbox, what a cute idea!!

misty
    July 9, 2013 at 9:04 pm

Those are the 3 best days!!! So far I have 2, with one on the way. Such a sweet post!!

xoxo, Misty

Julie @ Living on the Ledge
    July 10, 2013 at 7:30 pm

Just found your blog via Living in Yellow. So sweet – I love it. I’ll be following you now! Your boys are adorable – how blessed you are!

Wendy Orme
    July 10, 2013 at 7:31 pm

That lunchbox is too cute for words! Have a very happy week with your darling boys!

Stefanie
    July 11, 2013 at 4:22 am

Your boys are adorable!!! Enjoy celebrating them!

Bianca Duarte
    July 12, 2013 at 12:37 am

Oh my gosh! how beatiful they are!
    Happy B- Day to your kiddos 😀

BriAnne
    January 23, 2014 at 5:06 am

You are so inspiring, thank you for sharing even the most vulnerable of moments with the world! I hope one day I can be half the mom you are!