eat

Easy Chinese Chicken Salad Dressing Recipe

chinese chicken salad dressing title

Easy Chinese Chicken Salad Dressing Recipe

3/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
4 1/2 tbl. rice vinegar
4 1/2 tbl. sugar
2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
Combine and mix well (shake).
Will stay good in the fridge for about 2 weeks.

So here’s the scoop on this dressing. This Chinese Chicken Salad is a staple at every single family gathering we have. My aunt always grabs a container  from a small restaurant by her house before heading over. This weekend the shop was closed and she had no other option but to sit down and figure out the recipe once and for all. And folks, she nailed it.

We always use fresh iceberg lettuce, lightly salt and peppered chicken (really easy if you buy one of those already cooked rotisserie chickens), diced green onion and yummy wontons.  Toss with the dressing and then enjoy one of the best salads ever.

2-DSC_0314

4-DSC_0317

Absolute Mommy
    April 3, 2013 at 6:01 am

Thank you! I’ve been looking for a recipe for this dressing! My kids love Chinese chicken salad. Will be trying it out soon!

Robyn
    April 3, 2013 at 3:03 pm

oh I LOVE asian chicken salads, but the dressings can be killer, this one looks healthy and simple enough I would not be intimidated to try it! YUM

Carla @ Sweet Little Nursery
    April 5, 2013 at 2:20 am

This salad look so delicious, I was just looking for a different recipe to do tonight, I think I just found it!

Becky s
    April 5, 2013 at 3:34 am

Yum! That sounds delicious. I definitely will be making this soon!

Leslie
    April 7, 2013 at 2:44 am

I totally LOVE Chinese Chicken salad. So, I decided to learn how to make it
    myself. I tweaked this recipe jus a lil by adding mandarins, chopped green onions, and finely chopped cabage. But I must say: The dressing was spot on!! Very simple and tasty. Loved it!

Karen
    April 11, 2013 at 3:33 pm

I love salads… especially at this time of year! I just threw this together yesterday with my lunch and it was great. It’ll be a repeater, for sure. Thank you!

Kelly
    May 22, 2013 at 2:17 am

I am 100% trying this salad!!! Looks good, and simple, high five!!

Social Lady
    May 28, 2013 at 8:17 pm

What a fabulous recipe! I adore Chinese Chicken Salad and this sounds simple to make. I will have to make it for my next potluck function. Thanks for sharing!

Wendy
    June 1, 2013 at 1:12 am

Can’t wait to try this dressing – and I make mine the way Leslie does, with cabbage and mandarin oranges and add wonton crisps to it – YUM!

Wendy
    June 1, 2013 at 1:19 am

Oh – and toasted, slivered almonds too.

paleo diet cooking
    September 2, 2013 at 2:57 am

This dish also makes a wonderful addition to any potluck as it is served at room temperature and
    is not harmed by waiting to be enjoyed. As you can see, there
    is an ongoing theme here of protein (Omega 3 eggs,
    peanut butter, low fat cheese) and a complex whole
    wheat or multigrain carbohydrate (toast, bagel, bran flakes).
    It is believed that our wild ancestors lived much healthier, more energetic lives than man does today,
    which proves its importance.

Gayle Shepherd
    September 18, 2013 at 12:40 am

I need the recipe that was PENTREST FOR YOUR BEST BURGER RECIPE EVER WITH SECRET SAUCE? Itried to find it agin but, lost it. thanks if you can help me.

Read This
    November 11, 2013 at 2:10 am

Thanks regarding supplying such substantial
    data.

cindy
    June 2, 2014 at 8:10 pm

This is a recipe I used years ago, and had lost it. I stumbled upon this one, and decided that it was as close to the one I had been using, so I made it yesterday. It was fabulous!! I did make some slight changes to it: To the salad, I added a head of bok choy, and a handful of slivered almonds. To the dressing, I used ‘stevia in the raw’ instead of sugar, and split the vinegars between apple cider vinegar and rice wine vinegar. I also fried up some wonton skins and crunched them up as opposed to the store bought strips.
    The salad was gone in 30 minutes! It was a huge hit.

instagram online
    August 29, 2017 at 7:26 pm

So easy and fast for a lazy night 😀 Thank you for sharing the recipe!! Gonna try it right today!
    instagram technology