grow

20% OFF with coupon code: LMM20
Bracelet c/o: Neon & Nude

Dear Sawyer,

Me and You.
We’re BFF.
We have a rhythm.
A beat we follow throughout the moments that fill our days.
I know what you want before you have the chance to give a second grunt.
And you know, just from the look in my eyes, when I’m about to make everything all better.

I give you comfort,
and you bring me peace.
Peace in motherhood.
Peace that I’m not actually half bad at this whole mom thing.
In fact, your beaming dimples remind me that I’m pretty darn good at it, in fact.

Because imperfections make for a better parent.
I’ve learned that over the last 3 years.
It’s probably the greatest gift I can give you–my imperfections…acknowledged.
As lessons to learn. As an example of a life lived honestly.
Because I have no intentions of tricking you into believing I’m perfect.
My love for you is perfect.
But I am not.

I am, however, more confident this go around.
And I can see that you recognize my confidence.
You respond to it–are put to ease by it.

I don’t hesitate to take you on adventures with me.
I throw a diaper in my purse, strap you to my chest, and we’re off.
You chew on my necklace, pull at my hair, and leave suck marks on my collar bone.

I keep you close.
In my heart, in my thoughts, and in my arms.

Just yesterday, I was cuddling you close to my chest and smothering you with kisses.
I paused for a second to look into your eyes and beamed with pride at the beauty I saw staring back at me.
Then there was a tug on my sleeve.

I looked down to see Wesley staring up at me with a gentle smile on his face.
Wes: Mommy? You happy?
I was caught off guard by his thoughtful and unexpected question.
Before I could answer, Wesley looked in my eyes and back over at you…
and then he answered for me.
Wes: Yep! You happy Mommy.
And then he squeezed my hand and skipped off into his room to build train tracks.

My heart melted in that moment.
Because your brother was right.
Since you joined our family,
I’ve discovered a new level of happy.
And it’s written all over my face.

My sweet Sawyer. I keep you close, and I always will.

Love You to the Moon–and Back, Mommy

happy wrap4_edited-1

I am a proud baby wearing Momma. And I’ve tried every carrier out there. THIS is my favorite–by far. Stretchy, organic, ultra soft, fits neatly in my purse, and doesn’t have all that extra hanging material that so many other designs have. I also have it in yellow (and now I want the white one too). Get 20% off with the code: LMM20

lauren @ me and mine
    February 6, 2013 at 7:17 am

this is my LIFE. I love your blog so much, I have 2 little boys and they resemble the personalities of yours a lot. everything you write makes me so happy- I know I am not alone! xoxo

Whitney Ulrich @ A mommy's life with a touch of yellow
    February 6, 2013 at 7:18 am

Thank you so much for sharing this awesome product I think I am going to get one. I have been wanting one for so long. For sure the yellow one for me. Oh and you are just so adorable. Love ya lady.

Lindsey
    February 6, 2013 at 1:31 pm

Last night, after a particularly difficult day with my 21 month old son, I read a few of your blog posts and felt reassured of myself as a mother. I love how you bring light to the good things, and remind us that as long as we’re loving our kiddos with all our hearts, we’re doing a good job.

Thank you!

Liz
    February 6, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Love this post!!! Does this wrap work with infants too? I’m trying to figure out which one I want, but they all seem so confusing to use!! Sawyer is one handsome little man too 🙂

Beth
      February 6, 2013 at 2:49 pm

Hi Liz,

This style of wrap works very well for infants. It can be a little confusing to tie at first but after a couple times it is super simple.

kate
        February 6, 2013 at 5:47 pm

You’re a sweet momma! Thanks for sharing the coupon code! i’ve been wanting to get a wrap like this and i think i just might with this great price! it kinda looks like you have to support cute little sawyer with your hands… is this the case? or are you just resting your hands under his bum and wrap itself support the weight really well?

Ashley @ little miss momma
          February 6, 2013 at 6:12 pm

Thx Kate! The wrap is completely hands free and I don’t need to provide sawyer with any extra support. I just love having my arms around him without having to have the weight of carrying him. Xoxo

• kate
            February 6, 2013 at 6:46 pm

Thanks for the quick reply!! i’m off to order one now. 🙂

Liz
        February 7, 2013 at 4:43 pm

Thank you!! I’m sure I’ll look silly at first 🙂

Hanna
    February 6, 2013 at 2:29 pm

Great post! I LOVE baby carriers. Its the only way I can survive really. The Moby wrap which id really similar to this one is my fave for when they are little and then I like the Ergo carrier because you can sing them on on your back with is a life saver at meal times!

Lindsay Roberts
    February 6, 2013 at 4:04 pm

Oh my tears. Your amazing Ash! Your boys are so blessed to call you momma. xo

Barbara Stotko
    February 6, 2013 at 5:04 pm

Hi Ashley-
    It’s Erin Huss’ mommy. Thanks for the discount on this wrap. I just ordered one for my niece. You and your family are adorable!!! It was nice seeing you at Erin’s Party. xo

Allyce
    February 6, 2013 at 5:50 pm

Oh my gosh. The two of you are so beautiful together. I have been reading for probably two years now and not that you didn’t look happy before but you are just glowing now. You are a beautiful mama, a beautiful writer and I just love following along. You are such an inspiration with your honest accounts of motherhood and they really do help me along the journey I am on! Thank you!

Ashle Potter
    February 6, 2013 at 5:59 pm

TEARS!!! I loved reading this! I have the baby fever so bad and you just reminded me why I want to be a mother. You are a beautiful inspiring momma and should be so proud of yourself.
    Ashle’
    theultimatesisterhood.blogspot.com

Chelsea
    February 6, 2013 at 8:20 pm

Your boys are absolutely so sweet and gorgeous that they melt my heart every time I visit your page. I hope I get as lucky as you when I have babies of my own! 🙂

Christine
    February 6, 2013 at 8:46 pm

Beautiful. I had a stretchy wrap with my son and it was a lifesaver. Only bad thing about them is they don’t last long once baby gets to 15lbs or so. So I bought a woven. Best. Purchase. EVER! 🙂

If your back ever starts to hurt or you feel like little man is slipping down, he could use a bit more of a seat. Try to get his bum so that it’s even with his knees. In these pictures it almost looks like he’s hanging vertically and strapped to you instead of “sitting” in the wrap. I learned this later than I would have liked, but once I got my son properly seated, ohhhh how much longer we could go snuggled together. Miss those days.

Katie
    February 7, 2013 at 1:44 am

This is SO SO SO SO sweet. I love your bracelet too 🙂

Keren
    February 7, 2013 at 4:00 am

its rare when i leave your blog without teary eyes my dear.. I always learn so much for You.

Shirley
    February 7, 2013 at 8:39 am

I just wish I had written love notes to my children when they were small. What a beautiful thing to give them when they get married or some special time. Love your blog…

Barbara
    February 8, 2013 at 4:05 am

My goodness this is beautiful. The letters and the pictures. So precious, glad you’re loving this so much (:

Stefanie
    February 8, 2013 at 6:32 pm

So so sweet! I wore my 2nd and 3rd babies so much, and I can’t wait to do it again!

Haleigh Barrett
    February 9, 2013 at 4:38 am

Your words are always so perfect and beautiful! Again, thank you for sharing <3

Holly
    February 9, 2013 at 6:32 pm

Forget the wrap… I love the shirt!!! where did you get that??! But yes the wrap is cute too 🙂

Shelbey
    February 9, 2013 at 8:40 pm

When does the coupon code expire? I want to purchase one, but my new “budget” for our new budgeting month starts next week. Thanks!

Katie
    February 10, 2013 at 3:55 am

Love this wrap! I have been on the lookout for a new one. And I love the shirt you are wearing. The color is my fav. Where is it from?

bradey
    February 12, 2013 at 6:32 pm

So cute! I loved the white one too, but it doesn’t look like you can buy it right now. 🙁
    I emailed to ask if it would be back. I would love to try it with the code… My moby is too big and frumpy. I need some way to keep cool in the Oklahoma heat this summer! (:

Danielle
    February 19, 2013 at 1:40 am

Ashley,
    Would you consider doing a tutorial on how to use the wrap? Every time I’ve thought about ordering one of these, or a Moby, several people tell me they’re confusing and you have so much extra material afterward. My little one isn’t crazy about the Bjorn and I love this wrap. I would love to see how it works before ordering. Thanks!

Danielle
    February 19, 2013 at 1:44 am

OK, actually there is a part on the website that shows you how to do the basic tie. Ignore my first comment. It doesn’t look hard at all!

Take It Easy - grow - Little Miss Momma
    March 26, 2013 at 5:45 am

[…] my happy color–yellow. Use the code: LMM to get 20% OFF. You can see me wearing the gray one here. I’ve tried every wrap out there–this is the one […]

harga plat baja per lembar
    March 22, 2016 at 8:02 pm

this is my LIFE.

dfbfb
    October 13, 2017 at 5:50 pm

I like to get up early to go out and breathe fresh air. I feel that it is good for health and a good habit
    19216811ll.com