eat

Salted Caramel Brownies Recipe

title brownies

These salted caramel brownies are absolutely to-die-for.  My gal-pal Brittney, found a “by scratch” recipe for them, but the directions were a bit too complicated for my level of baking expertise.  So she very kindly put together a recipe using “boxed brownies”. And you know what? You would never even know the difference. These are ooey, gooey, chocolately awesomeness–with just the right amount of saltiness.

01-DSC_0763

Ingredients:
Trader Joe’s Brownie Mix
Caramel Sauce
Sea Salt

*If you don’t have a Trader Joe’s, then I highly recommend using Ghirardelli dark chocolate brownie mix (the one with chocolate chip chunks in it).  The higher quality brownie mix, the yummier these will be.

02-DSC_0767

Prepare and bake the brownie mix according to the instructions on the box.

03-DSC_0770

Warm the caramel in the microwave for 30 seconds, until soft and easy to pour.

04-DSC_0773

As soon as brownies are out of the oven and still hot, pour the caramel sauce over the top (the entire jar). You won’t need to spread the caramel. It will even out on it’s own.

06-DSC_0777

Allow the brownies to cool for about 20-30 minutes.  Apply sea salt (to taste) right before serving.  Remember, a little bit of the sea salt goes a long way in flavor…so start with a tiny bit and then add more if needed.  Because these brownies are extra gooey, they aren’t super pretty. But I can assure you that they are uber delicious!

08-DSC_0787

09-DSC_0790

10-DSC_0801

Audrey Crisp
    January 10, 2013 at 6:05 am

Those look amazing! I’ll definitely have to try them! Do you like the trader joe brownies better than the girhadeli (sp?) ones? I swear by the non trader joe ones. Love those plates too!

Kaen
      November 1, 2017 at 3:45 am

Trader Joe Truffle Brownies are the best I’ve ever tasted. Like Heaven!

Caroline
    January 10, 2013 at 2:34 pm

I have to teu this soon! It looks insanely delicious! 🙂

Rachel
    January 10, 2013 at 6:44 pm

Oh the yumminess. Salted caramel anything is my favorite. Have you tried the salted caramel hot chocolate from Starbucks? Delicious, delicious. I looove it. Also, I saw those plates on Instagram and I absolutely adore them 🙂 I need to get some asap.

AbsoluteMommy
    January 11, 2013 at 2:46 am

Thank you and her for this recipe! All the ones I’ve found are soooo complicated! Thanks for making it approachable! I’m not so scared anymore.

Michelle
    January 14, 2013 at 2:41 am

Looks Yummy! Where did you get that table runner? it is adorable!

Paulette Byrne
    January 17, 2013 at 1:11 am

I would suggest using the Pink Himalayan Sea Salt from TJ’s.

Jenny D
    January 20, 2013 at 1:19 am

I’m making these tonight – can’t wait to eat them!!

seedbox apn vs vpn
    October 24, 2014 at 6:43 am

We are a gaggle of volunteers and starting a brand new scheme
    in our community. Your web site offered us with valuable information to
    work on. You’ve done an impressive job and our whole neighborhood can be thankful to you.

Cyndi
    February 5, 2015 at 11:31 am

I made these tonight and they are delish! I sprinkled some chopped pecans on top of the batter before putting it into the oven and sprinkled more chopped (and roasted) pecans on top of the caramel. It tasted quite good and helped with the looks. Thanks for sharing!