celebrate

Mustache Baby Shower

My Auntie Bubbie and Momma.

Me and Amy.

My Grandma Janice

I have amazing friends.
Really, I do.
Every day I count my blessings.

Because Sawyer is baby #2, and because I’m having another boy, I had no expectations of having a baby shower this go around.
But when some of my best gal friends from Church offered to throw a brunch in my honor, I certainly wasn’t going to turn them down.
I should have known they would go completely overboard.

Once I got over the initial shock of how my “little brunch” had somehow become the party of the century,
I  spent the afternoon in awe of these girls, their kindness and their mad skills.
Seriously, these girls are talented. And sweet. And thoughtful.
And just my favorite people to be around.

There’s something about becoming a parent,
and having those shared parental experiences
that takes your friendship to a whole new level.
Having friends who share your worries, and milestones,
and hopes, and dreams, and breaking points…
Having friends who understand the love you have for your kiddos,
and for your family, and for crafts, and chinese foot massages,
and frozen yogurt, and  pedicures,
and a new pair of TOMs…
that’s friendship.

And this baby shower,
well, it was my reminder of the friendships I’ve been blessed to have in my life.
But sadly, because I was too busy gawking,
I didn’t get a chance to take a bunch of photos of these amazing ladies.
Next time. Next time.

Hannah Odarve
    July 3, 2012 at 7:49 am

What an amazing shower! I am sure they are blessed to have you too! 🙂 So excited for Baby S! 🙂 God bless you always!

nicolette @ momnivore's dilemma
    July 3, 2012 at 11:09 am

Love the hanging mustaches! {And the macarons}…

Enjoy your final days as of mama of 1…

Robin @ Bird On A Cake
    July 3, 2012 at 11:40 am

What a fabulous baby shower! I love all the details. I bet you felt very loved! :0)

And speaking of mustaches, here is a treat I made recently… Salted Caramel Cupcakes with a Mustache.

JessicaLynn
    July 3, 2012 at 11:45 am

Absolutely beautiful 🙂

Dani
    July 3, 2012 at 12:23 pm

What great friends. I have some of those 🙂 So glad you had a good time it was absolutely beautiful. I can see where that beauty of yours comes from your mama is gorgeous too!

Kailie
    July 3, 2012 at 2:18 pm

cutest baby shower ever! you are very blessed indeed, cant wait for little man to come!

Aubri
    July 3, 2012 at 3:17 pm

This is the cutest shower I’ve ever seen!!! Good job ladies!

Mejia Mamma
    July 3, 2012 at 3:48 pm

GORG!!! Loving all those fab decorations…and of COURSE you have to have a shower for the second… it’s called a baby “sprinkle” (instead of a full ‘shower’), haha!

Aunt Debbie
    July 3, 2012 at 4:42 pm

It was a beautiful day, with delightful decorations, delicious food, caring friends, a spectacular home and a great time had by all. You are truly blessed with such wonderful friends.

Monkey
    July 3, 2012 at 5:15 pm

You really do have very special friends Ash! Each one so beautiful in everyway. I’m so excited to meet Sawyer and can hardly wait for next week. <3 Mom

Jacinda Cote
    July 3, 2012 at 5:29 pm

BEST Baby Boy SHower Idea EVER!!!

Celeste @ Our Fabulous Life in the Suburbs
    July 3, 2012 at 5:45 pm

So cute!!! I am loving the mustache trend right now and I love the idea of incorporating it into a baby shower. You have some seriously crafty friends!

TOI
    July 3, 2012 at 5:50 pm

Such awesome friends you have. The baby shower look so much fun 🙂

kendall
    July 3, 2012 at 6:18 pm

looks like such a wonderful shower ashley! I’m sure you had an amazing time! {who couldn’t with all of those goodies & friends}. You deserve every bit love! xo.

Audrey Crisp
    July 3, 2012 at 7:39 pm

Wow! Howe nice of them!! Looks so fun!

kendall
    July 3, 2012 at 11:29 pm

PS: I would love for you to link this up to my linky party! I know you’re crazy busy – but this is so cute!

Here’s the link:

misty
    July 4, 2012 at 4:16 am

Such a beautiful shower!! What wonderful friends you have!

xoxo, Misty

Melanie
    July 4, 2012 at 6:35 pm

Oh my goodness! Your shower is amazing!! They did such a wonderful job!

Lindsey
    July 5, 2012 at 3:36 am

Darling shower! I love the mustache theme and the macaroons looks absolutely fabulous!

Carolyn
    July 5, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Wow, beautiful shower and wonderful friends to go to such lengths. I’m often amazed at the depths of my friendships. {I too got a second baby shower and never expected it!}

Kassi @ Truly Lovely
    July 5, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Wow! The decor and food look so good! 😉 They really did go all out! Too fun!

Amy
    July 6, 2012 at 3:51 am

LOVE this idea! What a fun idea for a baby shower! What great (and fun) friends you have! Lucky lady you are to be a (soon) momma to two boys!

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss
    July 7, 2012 at 3:44 am

What an awesome shower! I can’t believe your little man will be here so soon!!

Jennifer Dawn
    July 9, 2012 at 4:46 am

What a wonderful shower! So cute!

Michelle {the Momma Bird}
    July 9, 2012 at 11:15 am

oh my goodness! so adorable 🙂 Love it and it was totally your style!
    I must say I’m totally jealous of the new TOMS 🙂 Which ones did you end up getting? I just got my first pair a few months ago and I’m pretty sure I wear them every day now. I need to invest in a few more so I’m not wearing the same grey ones all the time. lol
    xoxo

Amber
    July 9, 2012 at 8:47 pm

Adorable! My thoughts on subsequent baby showers are Hey Baby #2 is no less special than #1 and the perfect reason for a party!

sims
    July 10, 2012 at 5:01 pm

That is really a great shower. The little boy will be really excited.

summer
    July 11, 2012 at 7:46 pm

This just too adorable! Congratulations on your family and friends. What a blessing indeed!

Diana
    May 29, 2013 at 1:16 am

Hi!
    I know I am a couple of months late- BUT I love this baby shower!!! Im trying to copy your idea for the mustache lollipops and the bowties. I was just wondering did you get bowtie clips for all of those bowties? Or how did you get them on the pops? My mom and I already made all the bowties, but now I don’t know if we should get the bowtie clips- it seems a little expensive for something people may never wear or might even possibly throw out- what did you do?
    Just because I want it to look as awesome as yours.
    Thanks,

~Diana Weiner

baby shower favors
    September 13, 2013 at 4:58 am

Great idea of favors, I set my mustache daily. but your sweet mustache is awesome and your story of friendship true.