We’re Having A…

It was only a matter of seconds into the ultrasound before the first jumbo image flashed on the screen.
Imagine that’s the view if you were changing the baby’s diaper.
Nope, he’s not shy–not one bit.

You certainly didn’t need a degree from sonogram school in order to determine that we were adding another busy boy to our little family.

And as much as I had dreams of tutus and headbands,
deep in my heart I knew this little peanut in my tummy was a “he” after all.
Just think about it…now I can get those bunk beds I always imagined having.
And I get to pull out those little red high-top red Converse shoes that Lil W hardly wore,
and that owl beanie, and the mini overalls, and the baby sized suits.
Not to mention, I’m already an expert at changing boy diapers.
And if it’s the last thing I do, I’ll see to it that my little guys are the best of friends forever.

P.S. Turns out he’s already an avid thumb sucker.

Ashley Stock
I'm Ashley. Sometimes I craft, occasionally I cook, everyday I write, and I'm always Momma. This is my blog. I keep it real while still seeing the rainbows and butterflies in all of life's lessons.
Ashley Stock
Ashley Stock
Ashley Stock

Latest posts by Ashley Stock (see all)

Ashley Stock

Comments

1. OH MY GOSH!!! I’m so incredibly thrilled for you!!

xo.

2. SO excited for you!! What an adorable little blessing!!!! <3

3. Congrats! I got to go with my friend yesterday to find out what she’s having, and its a boy too! Must be something in the air πŸ™‚ Brother BFF’s are the cutest

4. AWWW! CONGRATS! He looks adorable & you’re in for lots of fun with 2 little boys πŸ™‚

5. AWWW! CONGRATS! He looks adorable & you’re in for lots of fun with 2 little boys πŸ™‚

6. YAY for boys!

7. Congrats!!! SO exciting!! I said on fb I had a feeling the baby was a boy!! Him and little W will be best pals! πŸ™‚

8. So exciting Ashley! Congratulations! Boys are so much fun!

9. Congrats! That is so exciting!

10. Isn’t it funny how you “just know”?? So happy for you ! Now little W will have a best friend, a partner in crime, a buddy forever! Imagine the forts, bike races, and sandbox roads in the future! My 2 boys are 22 months apart (eek) and they are already best buds! Congrats!

11. So exciting! I secretly always hope if I ever have more children it’s another boy so I can bust out all the little man shoes again!!

12. Wonderful news!! I’m so happy for you and the family πŸ™‚

13. Congratulations, that’s so awesome!!!

14. YAY!!! That’s so exciting! EEeeeek!!!

15. Congrats!! That is so exciting. I hope you are feeling better these days.

16. just think – inside of you is lil w’s best friend… his best man at his wedding πŸ™‚ congrats!

17. CONGRATULATIONS! Coming from a momma of 2 boys…YOU WILL LOVE IT! πŸ™‚ Congratulations on your new addition…oh and start stocking up on batteries now…they go through them 4 times as fast πŸ™‚

18. Congratulations!!! I love having my two boys!! There is a super cute board book my mom got them called “Brothers Forever.” you should get it for Little W! πŸ™‚

19. I have two boys! be prepared!!! It’s so great and congrats! See ya at Creative Estates!!! eeee, can’t wait!

20. Congratulations! We have one little boy, and I totally wouldn’t mind another…such fun and mischief! πŸ™‚

21. This is wonderful!

Thank you for sharing your life with everyone. πŸ™‚ there has been several days where reading your blog has turned my mood around. Your a gift!

-Jaimelle

22. Congrats to you and your family. I have a similar ultrasound pic when we found out number 3 was a boy (after 2 girls). We kept saying is that what we think it is? They really printed that pic for us to take?

23. This is wonderful!

-Jaimelle

24. CONGRATS LOVE!!!!!! I am so happy for you!! Little W will have a partner in crime!! xoxo

25. congrats!!! another little man!!! I hope you’re starting to feel a little better too!

26. I have two boys! I always pictured myself with girls, but now that I have my two, I realize I’m such a “boy mom” after all. Congrats!! I love going through my sons old clothes for the baby to wear! So many memories πŸ™‚

27. CONGRATS LOVE!!!!!! I am so happy for you!! Little W will have a partner in crime!! xoxo

28. Congrats!! So happy for you guys!

29. YAY for BOYS! You’re a great boy mom already so this little dude will be a piece of cake! Congrats Ash!!!

30. YAY!!!! Congrats!!!!! How exciting. I hope you and your adorabel Family are doing well πŸ™‚ I miss your daily posts. The love story part 5 was so fun to read.

31. Yay! I’m so excited for you!!!

32. Wahoo!!’ congrats! He will be so cute!

33. Yay! Yay! Yay!! Congrats. Landon and Oliver are 21 months apart and already the best of friends. They really are so cute together. Lil W will be an awesome big brother – I’m super happy for you!!
    xoxo

34. BabyBumpBeyond Heather says:

Yay!! Congrats!! I’m having a little boy in April πŸ™‚

35. Danielle D. says:

Congrats!! Thats so exciting! Im currently sitting at home trying to make it through contractions. Im 40 weeks and3 days. Hopefully this is it and our baby will be making their debut soon! Good luck to you!

36. For 19 weeks that is the best sono I have ever seen!! It seems like everyone is having boys, I was so sure you were going to have a girl. Next time I bet you will!! Congrats Ashley!!

37. Congrats! Best buddies!

38. Congrats! It will be so fun for your son to have a little brother! I know so many people having boys right now. Seems like it comes in waves. πŸ™‚

39. I too am having a second boy and I knew it all along, but I won’t lie I had hopes that the ultrasound would prove me wrong. It didn’t and I’m finally coming to terms with it, I’m such a girly girl and was so looking forward to pink and bows. I also felt like everyone around me was adding a girl to their boy status and was getting jealous. But now I’m happy thinking about all the boy stuff we already have and getting anxious to unpack all that cute boy clothes we spent a fortune on!! It’s all in Gods plan, right??!! Congrats to you and thank you for assuring me I’m not the only one who isn’t having a girl the second time around!

40. Congratulations Stock family! Lil W and baby S will surely be the best of friends!

41. Congratulations! The first picture made me laugh, no he’s not shy!

42. Congrats!! So nice to hear you and baby are doing well. Little boys rock!!

43. Awww, sooo sweet!! He looks like his brother already! I’m a Momma of three {soon to be FOUR} boys and it is super fun! They are best buddies and I love, love watching them play together. Hope you’re starting to feel better πŸ™‚
    Congrats!
    xo,
    Laurie @ Gallamore West

44. Congrats! Having two little boys is a blast…and very busy. My boys are 22 months apart, not sleeping right now in their bunk beds. All I hear is giggles. They are definitely best friends. I love it!

45. Congratulations! So happy for you!

46. I’m secretly SO HAPPY that I was wrong.

You are going to be a momma with two studly boys. Aww….

Congrats sweet lady!

47. so very happy for you!! xoxo

48. congrats on the baby boy!!! can’t wait to hear what you decide to name the little one!

49. CONGRATULATIONS!! :]

50. Congratulations!!!! Baby W will have a lifelong friend πŸ™‚ Hope you’re starting to feel better !!!!

51. Oh my gosh, yay! You’re a “boy mom” –I love it! See, all those adventures with Lil W were just preparing you for the next one! Congratulations!

52. Congrats on brothers! Brothers are the best! Having two boys rocks. And yes it is the best when you can re-wear all the oh so cute clothes that brother #1 only go to wear for a short while. Yay for brothers!!

53. So excited for you!!! Yah for another precious little man!!

54. JessicaLynn says:

So happy for you guys I have two boys that are close in age too and they’re just starting to become friends. I still dream of tutus and head bands πŸ™‚

55. Oh, CONGRATULATIONS!! As a mom of twin boys I can tell you, there are few things more precious than the love between brothers. You’re going to love having two boys! Hang in there and stay healthy!

56. Ah! Congratulations, that’s so exciting πŸ™‚

57. My first was a boy. And I’ll admit, there was a slight twinge of sad when I found out #2 was a boy b/c I was excited for girly, too. But I would NOT do it any other way. There are seriously the absolute best of friends. At 11 and 9, they really don’t ever fight. Though they are different in their likes, they have many common loves. It warms my heart, the friendship that they share. I did eventually have the girls;) Congrats!

58. Congrats Ashley πŸ™‚ i have a dream of having a little boy army running around my house too…and now you get to have that. Such a blessing. oh and p.s. you totally make the cutest little boys! I can’t wait to see the new peanut.

59. Congratulations!!

60. This totally made me smile! Oh I was so hoping for a little girl for you all… but boys really are a lot of fun too!! πŸ™‚ Yay! Thanks for sharing with us, and its good to see you back in my blog updates!! πŸ™‚

61. Many congratulations.
    I, of course, wanted a healthy baby first and foremost, but I was happy to have another girl, so I could see all the cute clothes my first daughter wore again.

62. Yay! Congrats! As soon as I read the title to the post I knew it was a boy! (I had a 50/50 chance anyway). Lil W is gonna have a Lil brother and they’re gonna be the best of friends. My son is 13 months and I can’t wait to give him another sibling- especially a brother πŸ™‚ Congrats again!

63. p.s. Are you thinking about some of the names you were thinking about before?

64. I have 2 boys and I adore their bond. (they are almost 4 and almost 2) I am cooking baby #3. We don’t find out the sex (I like to pretend that it could be a girl) but I am guessing another boy. As much as I too dream of headbands and tutus another boy would really work for us! Congratulations on your newest addition!

65. Congrats! Boys are the best!!!

66. Congrats!!!

67. congratulations momma!!! i’m sure they will be best of friends πŸ™‚

68. danyiel Johnson says:

Amazing! I think it would be a pretty cool thing to be a boy mom and I picked a boy, I know I had a 50/50 shot but hey I was right. Congratulations and I truly hope for your sake you are feeling much much better and can enjoy the next 20 weeks.

69. So so happy for you! Congratulations! Glad you are feeling up to blogging. I have been waiting for another part to that perfect little love story forever! You have been missed.. happy you are back!

70. Congrats!!!

71. Congrats! Boys are so cute! You slightly make me want to have another, then my 3 start fighting!

72. Congratulations, Ashley! It occurred to me after our dinner last week that I had forgotten to ask if you knew what you were having. Also… I enjoyed reading your 1st date post, even if it was the second time around… it is a great story!!

73. From one boy mama to another – congrats! There really are benefits to being the only girl in the house. πŸ˜‰

My 3 boys are so fun, and I love passing down the clothes.

Congrats on your son!

74. YAY! Congrats!!!!

75. Congratulations Ashley!! I had two boys and then a girl. It is perfect! I wouldn’t have it any other way. I’ve been thinking about you and miss you!

76. Congratulations!!! I have two little boys as well and even though it took me awhile to get over the fact that I wouldn’t be buying pink, I wouldn’t change it for anything! You will have so much fun seeing them together!

77. Congratulations!!! I have two boys and they are best of friends! Loads of fun to come!! So happy for you all.

M

78. Congratulations! We’re having a second girl, my roommate from college is having a second boy, and my best friend just had a third girl! It’s the year of same-sex children. I’m not even kidding!!!

79. Chiming in with THREE boys and then a little princess!

Brothers are AWESOME! πŸ™‚

80. So excited for you! It will be so fun to watch Lil W and baby become best friends! Congrats and love you so much!

81. How exciting! It’s really a deep and loving relationship between brothers! The hubs has two brothers and the bond between them is the best!

82. SO excited for you guys!!! Boys are so easy and fun and drama free! Lol πŸ˜‰ can’t wait to meet the lil man! xoxo LOVE YOU

83. Aww! Congrats! Such wonderful news! πŸ™‚

Your Lil W must be SO excited!! πŸ˜‰

Vanessa

84. Contrats! How exciting. I’m surrounded by all girls. ^_^

85. I am so happy for you. God is blessing you with another boy. He probably thought you did so well with the 1st one why not a second. (Ha-Ha)

86. How wonderful! I had a feeling you were having a boy too : ) I think you will have so much fun raising these little guys to men of God! What a beautiful honor and a gifted task from the Lord! May He bless you with wisdom and guidance in all things as you parent these two little blessings! I hope you are feeling better!!!! <3

87. I am also around 19 weeks and had an ultrasound on Monday. We like the surprise at the end, so we didn’t find out whether it is a boy or a girl. So excited that your little boy will have a brother to play with. Hope you are feeling better.

88. this is so exciting! and boys are pretty awesome. especially when they are close in age. but they are going to fight sometimes (i have 7 brothers – we all fought until we got older. now we are each others rock) super awesome!!!! congrats

89. Tara Creel says:

Congrats! I just had my third boy and boys are awesome. The sweetest thing is they really are best friends : )

90. Huge congrats to you!!

91. That’s awesome! Congrats! πŸ™‚

92. Boys are so much fun! Congrats!!!

93. gina toothe says:

aww, thats great. Boys are so much fun πŸ˜‰ Congrats!!

94. Congratulations!

95. Samantha Grey says:

I dream of headbands and tutu’s too! (I’m prego with #4) So excited for you! I have 3 boys, 5, 4, & 21 mos. they are the best of friends and I am sure yours will be too!

96. Congratulations! It is so nice to be able to reuse everything!

97. Seding big Congrats from NC!!!!! So happy for you!

98. CONGRATS!! Im so happy for you! Your little boy will LOVE having a brother. What great news!

99. We are having a boy too! Only I’m NOT a professional at changing boy diapers…only girls πŸ™‚ Any tips?

100. Congrats!

101. Aw, congrats!

Boys are fantastic. But just make sure you cover their bits when you change them. Otherwise they WILL pee on you.

102. Congrats! So so happy to have you back! πŸ™‚

103. How exciting! Congratulations! You must be so psyched!

Natalie

104. CONGRATS! What a blessing! I pray the rest of your pregnancy goes well!

105. Congratulations! I had dreams on tutus and headbands too. I have four little men and love them so. They love each other and are best buds. Welcome to the mama to all boys group! πŸ™‚

106. Un garΓ§on!!! A little brother for your elder!!! Cool. Hope you’re well. Take care.

107. Congratulations! I had my babies a long time ago and the sonogram images weren’t so great then. I pretended I could see the parts that my doctor was showing me because she was always so excited. I was just happy every time she said everything was normal.

108. Wow I didn’t even KNOW you were pregnant!! Sheesh I’ve been living under a rock. Congrats on a baby boy!!!

109. Hope you and baby are doing well. FYI they say that thumb suckers are very content babies because they know how to pacify themselves. Just an interesting tidbit for you. Take care!

110. Congratulations to you and your family!! Your son is going to love having a brother!! GREAT TIMES AHEAD!!

111. So incredibly excited for you all!!! Can’t wait to cuddle him!

112. Congratulations!

113. I have 2 little boys that are merely days from being Irish Twins and they are the best of friends. Play together like there’s no tomorrow, but fight with each other just the same. They are only 2 and 3 right now, but they sure know how to stand up for each other. You’ll love having 2 boys! They’ll sure keep you busy though. Good Luck!

114. i am SO happy for you guys! You make adorable baby boys. I really hope that you get to feeling better soon. Love and miss you. shan

115. Yay, another baby boy and a best friend for your little man!

116. I love having the same gender. My sons are seriously best friends. So happy for you!

117. I just KNEW you were having a boy. I am so very, very excited for you. How wonderful will it be for Wes to have a baby brother?! I can’t wait to see how they interact with one another; they’ll surely be the best of friends!

118. Congrats! I love having two little guys!