style

WWW: What We Wore to Dinner in Yosemite

So Yosemite isn’t the fanciest of places, which was part of the charm and contributed to the completely relaxed feel of our vacation. However, one night we reserved a spot at the “fancy-schmancy” restaurant at the Ahwahnee Hotel. There was a “dress code” but the hubs and I didn’t want to be over dressed for our laid back vacation. So we went khaki casual.

Shirt: Guess, Pants: Gap, Sandals: Rainbows, Dimples: Built In

Shirt, Skirt, Belt: Old Navy, Shoes: Aerosoles, Necklace: Forever 21

Benny’s dimples were in full bloom that night–and I was smitten.

Best meal ever.
Maybe it was because our little bundle of energy stayed back and ordered room service with his Grandma {monkey}, so we actually tasted our food.
Whatever the reason, this meal was unforgettable.
We even got super lucky and were seated at the very same table that Queen Elizabeth dined at when she visited the hotel. How ’bout them apples, eh.

I will be linking our outfits up to Real Momma, Real Style and The Pleated Poppy.

Lauren @ Me&Mine
    September 14, 2011 at 4:57 am

you guys looked great! I had to chuckle at the “we actually tasted our food” comment. That is so true in our house too…….

Mindy Harris
    September 14, 2011 at 4:58 am

every comment i post always talks about you and the hubs and monkey being the cutest ever. this instance is no different. really think your old navy outfit is adorable and love those yellow wedges. think they’re still around (for sale)?

lindsey - the pleated poppy
    September 14, 2011 at 5:01 am

love your shoes! so very cute. and i love that hotel, too. i grew up an hour south of there, so yosemite was a regular visit for us. we almost went labor day weekend, but decided to skip on the crowd and just hang out by the lake for the weekend. i hope you had fun! and yay for a dinner for 2!

Dyna Ly
    September 14, 2011 at 5:21 am

You two look so cute!! Looks like you had a great time hanging with your family as well as enjoying some quality time with just you and your hubby! Thanks for sharing!

momstheword
    September 14, 2011 at 5:38 am

You both look adorable! I love how you paired the yellow belt and shoes with khaki, too cute! Hope you all had a great time on vacation.

Carly @ Mason's Roost
    September 14, 2011 at 5:44 am

We went to Yosemite for our honeymoon which was at the end of September. Gorgeous! I’m dying to go back during Spring. Have you had the eggs benedict at the hotel? AMAZING!!!! Ah, I’m slightly burning with jealously or your recent trip.

Sabrina
    September 14, 2011 at 5:54 am

Oh gosh……you’re casual is my fancy! I guess I need to step up my fashion game. HaHa. Looks like you had a great time! When Baby W is older, I recommend staying at the Housekeeping Lodging. It’s roughing it, but they have showers and bathrooms and beds……okay well maybe not too rough 🙂

Greta
    September 14, 2011 at 10:56 am

You always look cute…but I especially love your hubby’s outfit!!! I am trying to get mine to branch out (and leave his shirt untucked!!!!) 🙂

Dar
    September 14, 2011 at 11:02 am

Adore the yellow shoes!

Jen
    September 14, 2011 at 11:41 am

Love your shoes! You guys are two cute!

Jamie
    September 14, 2011 at 11:44 am

You both look so cute!

Lindsay
    September 14, 2011 at 12:42 pm

Love the shoes!! Looks like you had a great time. That place is beautiful!
    Littlemudpies.blogspot.com

Lindsay
    September 14, 2011 at 1:33 pm

Cutest couple award goes to you and Ben 🙂 LOVE u guys!

haydee duarte
    September 14, 2011 at 1:46 pm

Such a cute couple! I love your shoes!

Karri
    September 14, 2011 at 1:53 pm

Ahhh. Yosemite. Looks like a wonderful trip thus far. What a gorgeous hotel.

We were there when our oldest was a wee 13 mo old. No fancy dinner, but it was a breathtaking trip that involved lots of hiking with the little one in the Kelty pack.

Amber
    September 14, 2011 at 2:05 pm

You two are so cute and I love that you went with yellow accessories, such a good choice. Have a lovely week honey. ax

rachel foos
    September 14, 2011 at 2:26 pm

Ashley,
    You are so darn cute!!! Looks like you had a blast!!! Did W like Yosemite?

jackie
    September 14, 2011 at 2:35 pm

every family vaca needs at least one little date night 🙂 good for you guys. and you look hot doing it!

lori
    September 14, 2011 at 3:01 pm

you and your hubby both look fabulous! loveee the khaki casual look!

shannon
    September 14, 2011 at 3:42 pm

I love your crisp white shirt and skirt, its a great look for going out or going to work!
    So stylish!

Angela
    September 14, 2011 at 3:42 pm

Love the pics! Love the shoes (red and yellow both!). Glad you got a date night, they are so fun… it’s nice to enjoy each bite of food instead of stuffing it all in quickly (that’s what I do). 🙂

Kari
    September 14, 2011 at 4:01 pm

You two are seriously the cutest couple EVER…no wonder you made such an adorable baby! I love your outfits–so put together, yet so relaxed! 🙂 What a fun family vacation you had, too! I meant to comment on that post, but as I was reading it I was holding my little baby and he spit up all down my chest. It was awesome.

p.s. Did you see my shout-out to you in my latest blog post?? You are obviously a favorite 🙂

Anna @ The Guiltless Life
    September 14, 2011 at 4:14 pm

I LOVE those shoes. And Queen Elizabeth? Hello? That’s not bad company to be in! x

Kristen Duke Photography
    September 14, 2011 at 8:25 pm

Your hubby is such a good sport! Posing, et all!

Aleyta
    September 14, 2011 at 9:26 pm

My daughter is 2 and we went to lunch yesterday with a friend, who doesn’t have kids and she was floored at how non relaxing and how little conversation I was able to have b/c of Sophie wanting to get up and throw things and pick up things and dump salt all over the table. Phew. I’m tired thinking about going to lunch let alone dinner! Glad you got a night out, you guys look so happy!!! 🙂

ivana
    September 14, 2011 at 11:08 pm

Hey there…great pictures!! I am going to try to plan a last minute trip to Yosemite and wanted to stay at the Awahnee (sp?), but read not great reviews for the price. Did you love it? you would go again? Worth every penny? s I hope to have a kids free dinner too, with the hubs to celebrate 5 years. thanks for any feedback! 🙂

Kadie
    September 14, 2011 at 11:14 pm

Your shoes are to die for!!! You look so cute : )

Heather
    September 14, 2011 at 11:55 pm

You two look adorably in love! I didn’t know they had fancy-schmancy hotels or restaurants in Yosemite. I have been there twice (like 12-13 yrs ago), both times I did a 3 day hike from Tuolumne Meadows to Half Dome, then down into the valley. Maybe that’s why… apparently back then I liked to be in nature with the bears and stuff. I would have been totally under dressed.

Leslie
    September 15, 2011 at 1:41 am

I love this classic look. It NEVER goes out of style!

Great pictures and you have an adorable family.

brittany @lovestitched
    September 15, 2011 at 2:36 am

hooray for a night out just the two of you! you look SO cute and that place looks amazing!

Jess
    September 15, 2011 at 4:35 pm

You two are TOO adorable! Love it!

Bethany
    September 15, 2011 at 11:35 pm

Y’all are so darn cute together! And the outfits are cute too! 🙂

Lindsay
    September 16, 2011 at 1:00 am

Love your dinner fits! The yellow wedges are cute!

Angie
    September 16, 2011 at 2:02 am

You two are such a gorgeous couple! I don’t blame you, dimples make me giddy too 🙂
    I love your choice of outfits…you all looked coordinated without looking matchy.
    That building is absolutely divine 🙂

PeaceLoveTerri
    September 16, 2011 at 8:39 pm

Awww… adorbs! Y’all are too cute together!

Renee
    September 17, 2011 at 2:02 pm

you both look so cute.

Hotel looks fantastic.

Scenery is amazing.

Food looks delish.

yea, I need to go there.

Alyssa
    September 20, 2011 at 5:17 pm

Sorry if this is posting twice….I got an error message last time I posted:(

Such a beautiful place, I now have it on my wishlist as places I hope my hubby gets sent for work since my son and I get to go with him whenever we want!! PS HIs dimples are GREAT!!