live

Little Things, like dirt and pot stickers

For a variety of reasons that don’t matter in hind sight,
I was a total grouch this week.
So I decided on an outing that always succeeds in turning my frown upside down.

Ring Ring.
Ben: Hey babe
Me: Do you think you could get off work a bit early today? Lil W just woke up and I want to “get my produce on” at the Farmers Market before it closes.
Ben: Kettle Corn and pot stickers…I’ll be home in five.

So the hubs,
crazy bed head baby,
my super sweet burlap market tote,
and I headed out to pick up some berries,
avocados, corn and all the ingredients to make PW’s salsa.

I even dressed like a farmer for the occasion.

Once we gathered all the goods,
we stopped to enjoy a dozen Loo Hoo’s pot stickers.
Life altering good, no joke.

Farmers Markets make me happy.
The smell of dirt.
Fresh flowers.
Yummy samples.
Local business owners making it happen.
Three little things that make you happy–ready go.

Michelina
    August 15, 2011 at 12:23 am

Love this post! Our farmer markets are all weekend or early morning set ups πŸ™ I can never make it!!
    Looks like fun though!! πŸ™‚ How were the pot stickers?

Jen
    August 15, 2011 at 12:24 am

Sunflowers. Fresh herbs. Slurpees. πŸ˜‰

Karri
    August 15, 2011 at 12:27 am

Mnnn. Love farmer’s markets!!! I actually helped start up the one in my town!!!

Catherine
    August 15, 2011 at 12:28 am

I love farmer’s markets too, (although sometimes they are frustrating because I blow my budget in about 5 minutes). Three things that make me happy in summertime are BBQs, rain and shade.

Lindsay
    August 15, 2011 at 12:29 am

Ahhh I love the farmers market. We have been taking Oliver since he was an itty bitty. I use to carry him in the sleepy wrap, then we moved up to the stroller, then the umbrella stroller and now he really wants to walk! three little things that make me happy – family, chocolate and the smell of books. πŸ™‚

Angela
    August 15, 2011 at 12:30 am

We don’t have a large Farmer’s Market in our area. It’s so sad too because I love them! Looks like you had a great time πŸ™‚

kady l.
    August 15, 2011 at 12:33 am

sleepy eyes, yarn, sunshine!

Kristy @ Living Life (un)simply
    August 15, 2011 at 12:48 am

My children. Creating. Thunderstorms!

kim
    August 15, 2011 at 12:48 am

hahaha dressed like a farmer? no farmer i know wears skinny jeans and toms πŸ˜‰

mandy @ this girl's life
    August 15, 2011 at 12:54 am

Sound like a perfect little getaway and the pot stickers look delicious!

Allyce
    August 15, 2011 at 1:09 am

Sunshine. A good book. A nice walk in the perfect temperature weather. πŸ™‚

Beth
    August 15, 2011 at 1:17 am

Sometimes a bad mood can carry itself onto the next day and then the next. We just have to pull ourselves out and cheer ourselves up. Looks like you did just that! Xoxo

Robin
    August 15, 2011 at 1:20 am

My husband making french toast for dinner. My children’s laughter. A morning run. :0)

Becky
    August 15, 2011 at 1:20 am

Wow! You have a fantastic farmers market and those pot stickers look delish. Super jealous here in Indiana.

Meganu
    August 15, 2011 at 1:25 am

Love visiting our local farmer’s market. nothing better than a half peck of peaches to start a week right!
    My three favorite things are: fun new yarn, aimless shopping and free time.

Steph
    August 15, 2011 at 1:29 am

A good book, the fabric store and my kids!

Maureen Polderman
    August 15, 2011 at 1:30 am

My little family, crafting, and cold pizza =)

Dana [email protected]
    August 15, 2011 at 1:32 am

Umm those pot stickers look DEE-lish. Wish I lived near there to go get some of that goodness. Oh well. Guess I will try my local farmer’s market in hopes of finding yummy pot stickers! Cute post! πŸ™‚

DanaMichelle

Megan
    August 15, 2011 at 1:35 am

Blogging, my girls laughter, and my BF Krysten. I couldn’t make it without those three. Also your blogs bring smiles everytime!!! Thanks!
    Megan

Dana [email protected]
    August 15, 2011 at 1:36 am

Annnd I totally forgot to list 3 things that make me happy: everything bagels with EXTRA cream cheese, books, and a tivo full of yet-to-be-watched favorite shows. πŸ™‚

DanaMichelle

Erin
    August 15, 2011 at 1:45 am

My boys, surprise packages in the mail and power tools.

Sammie
    August 15, 2011 at 1:48 am

Long car rides through the country
    Curling up in my bed to catch up on my favorite shows
    Getting lost in a good read

Sally
    August 15, 2011 at 1:52 am

The only thing that could make me happy these days is if this baby would get out of me! Under normal circumstances though it would be a big bowl of ice cream, pretty shoes, and watching my husband wrestle with out kids.

tarah
    August 15, 2011 at 1:56 am

love this post! makes me wanna go to my local farmers market! 3 things…snuggling with my kiddo. new shoes. decorating!

Sandy a la Mode
    August 15, 2011 at 2:10 am

i heart farmer’s markets!! that collage is beautiful!!

Amber
    August 15, 2011 at 2:13 am

I love dragging my little one along to the Saturday morning farmer’s market. Almost as much as I LOVE your blog. Seriously. Like years of thinking and talking and thinking about starting my own blog I stumbled across yours and was INSPIRED. So THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Ashley. I love your blog, your tutorials, and everything else in between.

I even talked about you/your blog in one of my posts: http://colorofyourenergy.wordpress.com/2011/07/23/who-doesnt-love-them-some-samuel-clemens/

So if you didn’t already think I was a major creepy, stalker, you totally do now.

Thanks for always brightening up my week with your posts!

Miranda
    August 15, 2011 at 2:22 am

What a good little hubby to leave work to make the wifey happy!! My three things… Chocolate, LMM, sewing.. I need a good dose of each every day! =]

Sarah
    August 15, 2011 at 2:42 am

Mmm. those look like gyoza! (the pot.stickers, that is) We live in Japan and they make the same dumplings with pork in them too! πŸ™‚ I love farmers markets… glad you were able to go!

leanna
    August 15, 2011 at 2:56 am

Oh I am so jealous! Ventura is my home town and I miss it so much!

Jess Lane
    August 15, 2011 at 3:05 am

Love the Farmer’s Markets, they make me so happy as well! Of course, ours doesn’t look QUITE as inviting here in Dover, NH but we have one full of fresh corn, tons of herbs, tomatoes, etc so I’m happy (for now). Then, it will be my turn to be a grouch. PS – I don’t have those potstickers at mine either….

ilene
    August 15, 2011 at 3:16 am

love these pictures! and you are gorgeous, love!

Jackie
    August 15, 2011 at 3:44 am

how sweet that your loverman skipped off work early to come with you πŸ™‚

Erica @ Acire Adventures
    August 15, 2011 at 3:44 am

Farmers Market Nectarines, long walks by the valley with my little guy, sometime alone in a quiet coffee shop eating a cupcake and writing πŸ™‚

Summer @ Made By Munchie's Mama
    August 15, 2011 at 3:53 am

Pedicures, my happy boys, and Golden Spoon

Jayna Rae
    August 15, 2011 at 4:22 am

Thursdays is our Farmer’s Market day too. I love it. They have the best strawberries and cupcakes at ours. The cupcake place is called the Brass Cupcake and they are my special treat on especially difficult weeks. Like this week, I was up all night on Wednesday because the chicken pox vaccine gave my little one chicken pox. FUN!

tarah
    August 15, 2011 at 4:27 am

ps…i’m 5 months prego and those potstickers totally started me on a new craving! haha

Linda O'Neil
    August 15, 2011 at 4:35 am

Love that your husband left work early to go with you. Now that’s love! πŸ™‚

Linda O'Neil
    August 15, 2011 at 4:38 am

Love that your husband left work early to go with you. Now that’s love! πŸ™‚

Kara
    August 15, 2011 at 4:40 am

What a fun fun day!!! 3 things are: lazy, family day Sunday; cheesecake, my toddler singing her daddy’s songs (he’s a musician)

Wish we had more Farmers Markets in AZ. First one I ever went to was when we went on a road trip up the west coast…stopped in Eugene, OR (also makes me WAY HAPPY) and went to the farmer’s market. LOVED everything about it. πŸ™‚

Meredith
    August 15, 2011 at 4:48 am

Today:

1) Daughter #1 (age 3 in one week!) telling me at bedtime “I love you with all my heart, forever and ever”
    2) Daughter #2 (14 months) taking her first unassisted steps so so could hear her new shoes squeak with each one. She’s been able to walk for ages, she just didn’t believe us!
    3) My husband supporting me through a really difficult time with my family.

Of course, some days it’s stuff as simple as a day in the craft room!!

Sierra
    August 15, 2011 at 4:49 am

Lazy Sunday afternoons with friends who are my family away from home. πŸ™‚

Aleisha
    August 15, 2011 at 5:22 am

The sound of my children laughing. Leopard-print flats, embellished by a BIG red bow across the toe. Good books.

Alisa
    August 15, 2011 at 11:40 am

Farmers Markets make me happy too.

Christina
    August 15, 2011 at 12:17 pm

Fun! We love farmers markets!
    xoxo

Jessica
    August 15, 2011 at 1:58 pm

i have a serious love for a good farmers market. that one looks wonderful!

i will say that i have never been to a farmers market with a pot stickers stand though! i love it!

Anna Vollmer
    August 15, 2011 at 3:02 pm

Productive mornings, cuddle time with the hubs on the couch, and crafting.

katie phillips
    August 15, 2011 at 3:34 pm

Those pot stickers look sooo yummy!! I may need to go to lunch early today! πŸ™‚

katie phillips
    August 15, 2011 at 3:35 pm

my family, my little girl, fresh air anywhere

Ericka Bettge
    August 15, 2011 at 3:59 pm

1. Riding my bike for hours and hours with no agenda and no set destination.
    2. Hot pink and black ANYTHING.
    3. Fresh fruit–especially raspberries, blueberries and blackberries.

Megan @ Meg's Craft Creations
    August 15, 2011 at 4:07 pm

I love our local farmer’s market! Three things that make me happy are: 1)anything yellow 2) spending time with my sweet husband and 3) going for walks in the evenings. Thanks for the great post Ashley!

Sierra
    August 15, 2011 at 4:32 pm

Our farmers market is only saturday till 12. Im pretty sure I would go every day if they had it open! How fun:)

Kassi @ Truly Lovely
    August 15, 2011 at 5:05 pm

Yay for Farmers Markets!!! πŸ™‚ My three things…. 1. Quick texts from my hubby during the work day! 2. My doggies being excited to see me when I get home! 3. Trying a new recipe for dinner… and it works! πŸ™‚ Have a great week!!!

Andrea
    August 15, 2011 at 5:13 pm

Can’t wait for it to get cooler here in AZ for the Farmer’s Markets to open.

Ok, 3 things….
    1. smiles and cuddles from a baby girl who just woke up from nap time
    2. Skype dates with mom and dad!
    3. a clean home

Kate
    August 15, 2011 at 6:11 pm

Nail polish, sharing a bowl (or pint…) of ice cream with my hubby, and the color teal.

I’d say farmer’s markets, PW’s salsa recipe and potstickers, but you beat me to it. πŸ™‚

Rena
    August 15, 2011 at 6:17 pm

Beautiful pictures!!
    1. Nights out with my hubby
    2. My daughter
    3. Ice coffees
    (There are sooo many more tg!)

Nicole
    August 15, 2011 at 9:39 pm

1. My kids laughing.
    2. Hagaan-Daaz vanilla ice cream straight from the tub.
    3. Climbing into bed when it has fresh clean sheets.

Those pot stickers look so good!

Libby
    August 15, 2011 at 10:45 pm

maybe sometime I will see you at Farmers Market! I try to go every Thursday but my problem is I never have cash with me! I babysit for kids in Westlake on Thursdays so many Thursdays are spent going and eating free samples, haha. Then we go to the mall and they spend their parents money on crap from Claires : /

Amanda
    August 16, 2011 at 1:57 am

What a fun little trip to the farmer’s market! We have one every Saturday that we can walk to and I just love it! Love your “farmer’s market” outfit too πŸ™‚

1. When my baby smiles
    2. Cute texts from my fiance when he’s at work
    3. Blogging {I never knew it would be so rewarding!}

bzeedik
    August 16, 2011 at 4:16 am

so glad we saw you
    So glad you love the pot stickers too

Michelle Parrott
    August 17, 2011 at 11:27 am

1. a piece of chocolate every.single.day
    2. the ocean
    3. holding my babies till they fall asleep

ana {bluebirdkisses}
    August 17, 2011 at 7:50 pm

LOVE the farmers market! My husband and I go every Wednesday night and every Sunday morning…and yes…there are farmers markets downtown urban centers too! yey!

Stefanie
    August 17, 2011 at 8:33 pm

That looks like an awesome farmer’s market!

Jackie B.
    August 18, 2011 at 4:39 am

Love love love the farmer’s market here in Nashville. It’s wonderful!

3 Things:
    Being able to breathe through my nose (ugh.)
    My hubby always being willing to cuddle when I want
    My niece telling me she neeeeeds to go home with me. (I couldn’t and her 2 year old heart couldn’t handle it but it was sooo sweet.)

Josia
    August 18, 2011 at 3:45 pm

My childrens laughter
    The Smell of fresh fruit and vegetables
    My hubbys hugs when life is too crazy to handle.

Kiersten Johnson
    August 18, 2011 at 6:17 pm

That is too funny! I live in the same city and have gone to that Farmer’s market. I love it there and it is so big! Glad you had a good time.

Ellen
    August 24, 2011 at 5:12 pm

I’m from the UK originally and when I get pregnant I get cravings for british food bad! Luckily there’s a
    vendor in our local farmer’s market who sells homemade British goodies- yay no more tears!!
    I love getting out of my house, diet coke, and the feeling I get when I walk into anthropologie ;D

Oh and hubbies that know when we really need them to just quit work early!