Poo Happens

There’s a first time for everything…
And last night we had our first official bath time floater.
floater{s} to be exact.
At first, he was ashamed.
And then he thought about it a bit…

and realized he was rather pleased with himself.

So pleased with himself, in fact, that he decided to provide us with a
post-bath reenactment.

______________________________________________________
Meet our newest sponsor,
I am obsessed people!

Ashley Stock
I'm Ashley. Sometimes I craft, occasionally I cook, everyday I write, and I'm always Momma. This is my blog. I keep it real while still seeing the rainbows and butterflies in all of life's lessons.
Ashley Stock
Ashley Stock
Ashley Stock

Latest posts by Ashley Stock (see all)

Ashley Stock

Comments

1. Felicity says:

Oh, joy! :D

Felicity, at {Simple Elegance}

2. Charlotte says:

why is it i see my son's face in place of your son's? lol!! mine's only 7 months old but somehow i see this in my future ;)

3. Elizabeth says:

Oh my goodness…this brought such a needed smile to my face! :) I just gotta say that I absolutely love your blog! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

4. Michelle says:

Hilarious- these are pictures you are going to cherish! (especially during those teen years LOL)

5. Jayna Rae says:

That is hilarious!!!!!!

6. Free Pretty Things For You says:

LOL Ariel leaves me little pellets of joy floating in the water too!! lol

7. Free Pretty Things For You says:

LOL Ariel leaves me little pellets of joy floating in the water too!! lol

8. Hahahaha!! Both of my kiddos have done this to me! Not pleasant!

9. Justine says:

LOL!! After I read the title, I knew something like this happened. Life is funny, isn't it?

Just Better Together
    come check out my giveaway

10. What an odd feeling I just had. I am loving baby W and giggling but also throwing up in my mouth a little.

11. He does look plased…doesn't he?! Funny kid!

12. Audrey Crisp says:

LOL! Hilarious…. Love the reenactment!

13. Lauren @ The Semi Rural Mum says:

Oh No! lol I remember the thankfully one and only time this happend to me. My daughter was 11 and a half months and did a long snake like poop.. she just had a funny look and kept saying "oh oh…" gotta love the clean up :D

14. jamie @ kreyv says:
  15. Sarah @ The Bird's Papaya says:

LOL. that is BRUTAL!

That's just a moment in your life where you go "Really? I'm cleaning pop from a tub….REALLY!?"

Been there. 3 kids and only ONE floater! Lets hope that's just the rule of thumb for motherhood that it only happens once and you can move on :)

P.S. He's too much. So cute.

16. My 2 yr old had gone the longest time with out floaters. I had began thinking how lucky I was until . . . It happened.

17. Omg…that's hilarious.

18. Erin @ Crafts and Sutch says:

The succession of pics is the best part! His little face in that first one is a riot! :) I'm thankful we haven't had a "floater" situation…yet.

19. Danielle Bartran says:

This had me cracking up. Too funny….it does happen…

20. Shelley says:

This is why I love your blog :D

Shelley

21. ShirleyC says:

That's hysterical! He's so cute.

22. Amanda M. says:

He is too funny! I love all his facial expressions! HA!

23. Brooke Anna @ Mommy Does... says:

My little boy just pointed and said, "Babay" then I pointed to the picture and said "What's that?" he scrunched up his nose and made a squished-up-nose-blowing-sound, like he does when he poopoos in his diaper. I said poopoo? He smiled and shrugged…
    awww well.

24. Oh my gosh, that is too funny! I never had to experience that with my daughter.

Your little guy is so cute, I love the look on his face! :)

Jodi

25. Heather :: AFD Jewelry :: says:

Hahaha! Knock on wood, still no bathtub floaters from either girl….yet.

26. Caroline says:

Your son is adorable! Even if he IS a tub-pooper!
    That last picture had me cracking up. You are too much!!

27. That was so funny! My youngest did that 5 bathtimes in a row. When I caught him right before was going to do it again, I made him sit on the potty. He didn't go on the potty and hasn't pooped in the tub since.

Your little guy needs the shirt that says "iPood".

28. Erica @ Acire Adventures says:

Hilarious! I remember the first time this happened with our little guy, only he was having stomach problems so it was a cloud, not a floater… Ahem… but his Dad ran from the bathroom screaming like a girl, and that's not an exaggeration at all!

29. Nena Nadine says:

that's so funny. Are you gonna show him this when he's older?

30. OMG!! Hilarious! I love the post bath re-enactment!

31. Oh that cracks me up! My little boy will be 2 in June and I kept thinking I was pretty lucky that that never happend. Well it happened… just recently! After seeing your pics, I wish I would of taken pictures of the incident. I was too busy trying to get it out before he started playing with it… not too mention gagging. Gotta love our kiddos, always keeping us entertained!

32. Melissa Geoghegan says:

This is too funny! We are still waiting for this with our little man! I love the progression of the pictures.

33. Oh boy this might be the best post I've seen in a long time! hahahaha Each picture is better than the last. XO

34. Mrs. Girly Girl says:

That is funny, he is so cute! It would be hard to get upset with your cute little guy! :)

35. Ahaha!!! This is so funny! I love his little face in the first picture! This happened to me not too long ago and I just sat there for a second…like…I don't really know how to procede here! Ah, the joys of being a momma!

36. The WholeFamDamily says:

i can't tell you how many times this happens at our house. sadly…a lot. my babies must get wayyyyy too relaxed in the bath, but the problem is there are other sibling taking the bath at the same time, so now everyone screams and has to jump out. ahahahahaha!

37. Haha too funny!

38. nicole. says:

ahahahhahahahaa LOVE it.

39. Deals, Steals and Heels says:

this is precisely why i used to HATE taking a bath with my little sister. she'd get this look on her face…and i KNEW my poor 5 year old self was not in for a treat.

40. MEL [V] DESIGNS says:

GROSS!

41. Oh, Baby W.

Nearly just wet my pants laughing at this.

42. lol! Thanks for my daily giggle. My son is 13 months old and we have yet to have a floater. However my "premonitions" are usually right and two days ago I looked toward the tub while he was bathing and saw a floater in my future. So I am expecting it anytime.

43. Sanwanya says:

giggle giggle been there seen that! Always so much fun kids are great!
    ♥sanwanya

44. Poor boy is going to LOVE you for this post in many years when he reads it or is told about it :)

45. Seriously, this may just be the cutest thing I have ever seen. He is adorable!!!!!!!

46. coolkids says:

you are killing me girl! We actually had a smiliar thing happened last week…right before the bath it happened on the floor! Then we had a floater in the tub but my son FREAKED!!! When I told him that it was poo! He started screaming…sheer terror! It was funny.

47. Kristol Faucheux says:

LOL Ashley!! I wish my little one's first had been a "floater". it wouldn't have been nearly as messy.

48. Lexie Loo & Dylan Too says:

LOL! At least it wasn't diarrhea!

49. Lexie Loo & Dylan Too says:

LOL! At least it wasn't diarrhea!

50. Nichelle @ Vintage Wanna Bee says:

Can't. Stop. Laughing.

51. Life with the Websters! says:

It feels a little stanfe saying poop is adorable, but seriously! This is just that! :)

52. one mod momma says:

You are so beautiful! Your son is gorgeous and you are a truly talented woman, with copious amounts of talent!

53. Great bag! What a deal! A+