Silhouette Subway Art {13th Article of Faith}

Silhouette Subway Art
{13th Article of Faith}

YES, I realize that it looks a bit like I applied these vinyl letters while off roading. So please don’t look too closely, and certainly don’t click to see the larger version of this picture.
I said don’t click.

This was my first subway art attempt with my beloved Silhouette,
and there are MANY things I would do differently now that I think I have figured things out a bit more.  For example, I made my some of my font sizes a bit too small so it was nearly impossible to peel the letters off in a straight line.

Here is a sneak peak at the super user friendly Silhouette program where you create what you want to cut out.  It is very similar to Microsoft word, so it’s not an intimidating program at all.

Quick Tips to Making Your Very Own
Silhouette Subway Art:
1. Create your design in the Silhouette program.
2. Cut out your vinyl following the instructions in your Silhouette Handbook.
3. Then click HERE to see my tutorial for painting and distressing the board and applying the vinyl.

And if you want a Silhouette and/or vinyl of your very own, click on this button and have fun shopping:

Silhouette Electronic Cutting Tool

Ashley Stock
I'm Ashley. Sometimes I craft, occasionally I cook, everyday I write, and I'm always Momma. This is my blog. I keep it real while still seeing the rainbows and butterflies in all of life's lessons.
Ashley Stock
Ashley Stock
Ashley Stock

Latest posts by Ashley Stock (see all)

Ashley Stock

Comments

1. PeaceLoveApplesauce says:

I think it looks great!!
    Xoxoxo!!

2. Nina @ Momma Go Round says:

It's really cute! you are too hard on yourself. Plus, it's vinyl…peel it off and try again if you don't like it!

3. Lone Star Family says:

I think it looks great too! Thanks for the tips I was JUST wondering how I should go about making myself one with my Silhouette, you read my mind!!!

4. Haute Deb Designs says:

I think it looks cute! I thought you meant to put the words on crooked. {It makes it look like a kid did it–which I <3 ;)} Great job!!

5. Lovin-Life-Piersons says:

It looks great, I thought you meant to put the words on like that too. it adds character, I love it!

6. I think it turned out great! Esp with it being your first one. I have a silhouette too…but have not been brave enough to try subway art yet. Thanks for the tips! Did you use transfer paper or free-hand it?

7. dubb and dawni says:

I love it "wonky" like that !! Too Cute !!!

8. Way too cute! I guess I need to get me silhouette!

9. I totally love it! If you hadn't said it wasn't supposed to look that way I never would have known. I'm so jealous of your silhouette!

Eat.Sleep.Create.

10. Mandy @ Sugar Bee Craft Edition says:

did you use transfer paper?? I didn't know what that was until last week, but it's amazing and "holds" your design for you….anyways, great job!

11. Ashley @ Little Miss Momma says:

LOL, believe it or not, I DID use transfer paper! I had problems with peeling the font from the vinyl {it was already crooked before I put it on the transer paper}.

ashley

12. this is AMAZING. My young women would looove this. I need to jump on the silhouette train!!!

13. Peacefully Hooked says:

This is soo cute! I bet those little letters were way hard to peel off! Looks great, good job =)

xoxo
    Sarah

14. I actually kinda like how some of it is a little wonky, and if you hadn't said something about it I would've thought it was done on purpose.
    C'mon Ashley, live a little, not everything has to be all perfectly straight and parallel – at least that's my motto for my sewing!

15. Audrey Crisp says:

Sweet! That is my favorite article of faith! ; )

16. Gillian Mohlman says:

although I have never met you, I seriously had a dream about you last night. You emailed me and asked me to come out to Cali to babysit your baby while your husband and you went on a date. So, my husband and I came, and really, you guys set up cameras all over the house to spy on us and your husband had guns set up across the street where you guys were watching from incase we did something wrong! hahah! So funny. Had to tell you.

17. i want one. the machine AND the art 😉

18. your subway art looks great! I really want to try one … hmmmmm, maybe that's what I can do on this rainy day! 🙂

~Lauren

19. It looks GREAT! Can I come over and play with your Silhouette? Oh and you too 😉

20. Debbie - Families and Literacy says:

It still looks great, so no worries! And the more we try at things the better we get, right?

21. ordinary girl says:

I think the fact that it isn't matchey-matchey perfect makes it charming! 🙂

22. Heidi Ferguson says:

You could try penciling straight lines for the words to go on, that way they would at least all be on the same perpendicular. (I'm so smart, using words like perpendicular…did I actually use that right?) Not that they aren't, but I totally feel your silhouette pain. I've had tons of silhouette fails this week. Great idea tho!

23. Wow, you went all out for one of your first projects! so brave!!
    when i first got my silhouette i didn't dream that it would have quirks i would have to figure out – like bunched up vinyl in the cutter, fonts that don't really cut well, wiggly lines when i peeled the excess vinyl off… yeah, we're still figuring each other out but it's a lot of fun practicing!

24. Michelle From Life Buy The Beach says:

LOL I cracked up reading this one. Off roading. I just picture you guys in the car and you finishing your project… so funny. It turned out really cute. Cant wait for you to master this.

25. Ashley,
    I tried clicking on your link to to see your tutorial for painting and distressing the board and applying the vinyl. But it’s not directing me… I realy…REALLY want to see additional tips on how to do this. Will you look into the link, please and thank you 🙂
    -Leah

Trackbacks

1. […] Remember these fun projects I created with my Silhouette: My wonky Young Womens theme Subway Art project. And these heat transfer onesies. Today, through the February 28th, Silhouette is […]